Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

Installing Voices

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stuart08:
Thank you both!

It's sorted: purchased & d/l the voice, and installed it; used the Update SAPI function; rebooted; then the voice appeared in my Speech Options.  Done and dusted.

Thanks again.
Stu

RonG:

--- Quote from: NIGE on August 18, 2012, 05:44:48 am ---Hi Stuart08 & welcome.
You won't know if the voice works with Hal until you purchase it,
Sorry.
I got 2 voices from Ivona, but found they didn't work with Hal. :-[

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm.....I just got a set of three from Ivona and all worked well. 

NIGE:
Hi RonG,
I got my 2 voices over a year ago & didn't work with Hal/Haptek at all.
I mailed & mailed them & finally they said they wouldn't be doing anything about it.
They must have changed their minds.
I checked mine out & found that I had some up-dates.
And lo & behold they work now.
Thanks for your post.

cload:
I nige

I have the Sally ivona voice, I could never get haptek lip sync to work with my ivona voice, though the voice would read the text, there is no lip sync.
I even tried completely uninstalling, and reinstalling all of the software, and went through all of the upgrades, and it still did not work.
Unless there was something special that you did, but I did not do to get your ivona voices to work with haptek and lip sync.
The only thing that I can think of is, by chance, did you purchase the upgraded voices? If you did that might explain why my voice does not work with lip sync.
I have Windows 7 64-bit, Nvidia card, standard generic Sound Blaster card, I don't know if any of this would make any difference!

Sincerely, crunch crunch, yummy, yummy. These pronouns are good for my tummy.

C load.

Art:
I just tried my Ivona voices and they work but the Hal character does NOT lip-sync with it. The voice speaks but the lips do not move (mark of a good ventriloquist).

I then did a lot of switching back and forth even changing my custom character for a Hal default one then the L&H voices back and forth until I almost became dizzy.

The Cereproc Heather voice works flawlessly as do the Cepstral voices but Hal appears to be a tight lipped character if I choose an Ivona voice.

I also met with an error during a chat that pointed to a problem with a lonliness plugin CDbl error 13 line 5380 (on my Hal). It was under the Minute Timer section that gave us fits quite a while back. I think the plugin tries to check online for something and perhaps it is being interrupted by the conversation or processing by Hal during that period.
Will keep trying to see if the error repeats and will post here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version