Author Topic: wondering about hapteks singing techniques  (Read 4570 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
wondering about hapteks singing techniques
« on: August 30, 2021, 10:57:32 am »
i know there used to be software (wish i could get my hands on some ) that people had in the past (i don't remember what company sold it .  and it would allow hal characters to sing  with the lipsinc  and not be affected by the music in the back ground .  does anyone know any other ways  to get  hal to be able to achieve the same thing  in any other way .  i am going to try to search and see if theres anything out there  but just wondered what anyone else knew about it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: wondering about hapteks singing techniques
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:13:13 am »
 i ran across this in my files  within hal . it's in a file called songs , i would say this is cyberjedi's ? work ( i may be wrong )   it has a list of about 20 or more ? songs but it has a txt. file on the end . did these actually allow how to sing a song ??

here is the inside of the song file "happy birthday " it looks like it shows a pitch in singing  etc.

.\Chr="Monotone"\\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=73\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=65\\Spd=123\day\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=82\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=73\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=65\\Spd=123\day\Pit=98\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=87\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=131\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=110\\Spd=123\day\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ dear\Pit=82\\Spd=123\ ??
\Pit=117\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=117\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=110\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=87\\Spd=123\day\Pit=98\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=87\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=73\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=65\\Spd=123\day\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=82\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=73\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=65\\Spd=123\day\Pit=98\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=87\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\You\Pit=131\\Spd=123\ look\Pit=110\\Spd=123\ like\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ a\Pit=82\\Spd=123\ monk\Pit=73\\Spd=123\key,
\Pit=117\\Spd=130\and\Pit=117\\Spd=130\ you\Pit=110\\Spd=123\ smell\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ like\Pit=98\\Spd=123\ one\Pit=87\\Spd=61\ too.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=73\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=65\\Spd=123\day\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=82\\Spd=61\ you.
\Pit=65\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=65\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=131\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=110\\Spd=123\day\Pit=87\\Spd=123\ dear\Pit=82\\Spd=123\ ??
\Pit=117\\Spd=130\Happ\Pit=117\\Spd=130\ee\Pit=110\\Spd=123\ Birth\Pit=87\\Spd=123\day\Pit=98\\Spd=123\ to\Pit=87\\Spd=61\ you.\chr="Normal"\\Pit=70\\Spd=110\

does anyone know about this and what is used to make it work?? a uhp? file etc.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 12:26:44 pm »
I think that was actually from Neige or Duskrider but I haven't seen them around these parts in years.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 12:53:17 pm »
DO YOU KNOW WHAT UHP? MADE THEM WORK ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 09:09:50 am »
i will keep searching the internet and see if there is any software out there people can use with virtual characters that allows them to sing , if i run across anything, i'll post it here .  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 09:19:36 am »
It looks like something that was done in People Putty maybe an OGG conversion or something like that.

It has been far too long for me to recall. Time does that...

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 08:08:55 pm »
DO YOU KNOW WHAT UHP? MADE THEM WORK ??

I found an old Zip (2016) file I think I got from Cyber, it has a bunch of files from DUDE in it and their all songs (.txt files) like the one you posted... The only other file is a UHP file.  "Just say- PLEASE SING whateversong  PLEASE SING SONG LIST for a list of songs"  Not sure if it will work with the current HAL or not...

It's called: singasong3.uhp

It also calls on a program called: balabolka.exe  I have no clue about that one...

Here's the code for it...

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Sing A Song 3
Rem Author=jasondude7116
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Just say- PLEASE SING whateversong  PLEASE SING SONG LIST for a list of songs"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA6
   'sing a song   
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DudProceed2 = False

If SongSung = "" Then SongSung = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE SING *", 1)
If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = True Then
 Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(6)
Case 1
IdleResponse66 = "I would love to."
Case 2
IdleResponse66 = "Sure."
Case 3
IdleResponse66 = "Alright."
Case 4
IdleResponse66 = "Okay."
Case 5
IdleResponse66 = "Sing with me."
Case 6
IdleResponse66 = "No problem."
End Select
GetResponse = IdleResponse66
    HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True     
   If GetResponse = IdleResponse66 Then
   DudProceed2 = True

End If   

If DudProceed2 = True Then
   Set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt"" ""Eddie""")
   End If

End If

If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = False Then
         GetResponse = " That file does not exist. "
End If

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:19:24 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 08:32:15 am »
Good find LTG!

Lonnie, and others, just be sure to change all references of C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt
to C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt

With UH7, I'm not completely certain whether Balabolka is even required but your experiments will determine that.

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 05:11:10 pm »
Hey guys:

Ya thats dudes stuff
Thanx LTG for hanging on to all that.
Nice save.

But the way to get this to do what you guys are after will take PP, srry to say.
PP allows a very special .ogg file with embedded lip sync to be created.
Not sure how balboka will respond to this situation as well voice control.   

cyber
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:17:40 pm by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 08:11:41 pm »
i think that plug in mentioned is just to have the pathway for the song  which is good , but one needs the songs or a way to create songs in order to use them. with this plug in , unless i am missing something .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 08:24:00 pm »
okay i just ran across something i didn't remember i had in my hal file it has a songs folder  the files are txt and has many songs . the file is 165 kb . if no one else has these files i can upload them here unless that's to big ? i will test them out first .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 08:37:20 pm »
OKAY I RAN A TEST  and i corrected what art mentioned on the pathway  and it said that file does not exist so i opene up the uhp file and there is other area's that also have pathways  that also nee to be changed to , see below .

objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt"" ""Eddie""")
   End If

End If

If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = False Then
End If

these are at the bottom of the sing songs file .

i am going to change these the same as art mentioned on the first one and retest it again .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 08:46:47 pm »
OKAY I RETESTED IT AGAIN AND IT STILL SAID THAT FILE DOES NOT EXIST , I THINK I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH IT AND THAT IS THE PROGRAM PATH .  IN THE SING SONG FILE IT HAS  " C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7"

BUT MY HAL IS ACTUALLY IN PROGRAM FILES(X86)
 SO AGAIN I AM GOING TO MAKE THESE CHANGES IN THE TWO LOWER AREA'S OF SCRIPT /. AND TEST it and see if that solves the problem .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 09:02:03 pm »
OKAY I RETESTED IT AGAIN WITH THE CHANGES IN PATWAY TO THREE AREA'S  AND AM STILL GETTING "THAT FILE DOES NOT EXIST " 
HERE IS MY PATHWAY COPIE FROM MY PC .
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs

AND HERE IS THE REDONE SINGSONG FILE .
Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Sing A Song 3
Rem Author=jasondude7116
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Just say- PLEASE SING whateversong  PLEASE SING SONG LIST for a list of songs"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA6
   'sing a song   
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DudProceed2 = False

If SongSung = "" Then SongSung = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE SING *", 1)
If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = True Then
 Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(6)
Case 1
IdleResponse66 = "I would love to."
Case 2
IdleResponse66 = "Sure."
Case 3
IdleResponse66 = "Alright."
Case 4
IdleResponse66 = "Okay."
Case 5
IdleResponse66 = "Sing with me."
Case 6
IdleResponse66 = "No problem."
End Select
GetResponse = IdleResponse66
   If GetResponse = IdleResponse66 Then
   DudProceed2 = True

End If   

objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt"" ""Eddie""")
   End If

End If

If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = False Then
End If

**********  OKAY I THINK I FOUND ANOTHER PROBLEM  AND THAT IS THE balabolka PATHWAY ALSO HAD C PROGRAM FILES  AND MY balabolka IS IN THE PATHWAY PROGRAM FILES(X86) 
 SO I WILL CHANGE THAT AND SEE IF THAT FIXES THE PROBLEM .  SHEESH !! LOL

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 09:23:36 pm »
OKAY I CHANGED THAT TO AND IT STILL GIVES ME "THAT FILE DOES NOT EXIST . i did notice that the plug in name on the outside says singasong3.uhp
but inside it has "Sing A Song 3" as the name of the plug in , so i thought maybe it should have a matching name so i copied the name to match and saved changes and reopened hal and unchecked and rechecked the song uhp.  and opened hal up an tried running the program again . all this time to just to mention it i have balaboaka program open . i wanted to make sure it was on my pc and worked and balaboaka opens .

guess i can close it and see if that makes a difference .