dupa

Author Topic: Ziggy 2.0c Beta brain is now available.  (Read 13111 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 2.0c Beta brain is now available.
« on: November 30, 2004, 04:11:11 am »
Hello.
I am almost done with the Ziggy 2.0 Brain, Maybe one or two days to work out any bugs but If I can I will have a setup installation package so the folder and brain and files are automatically installed.
This bot is just a Chat bot and not a service bot so it won't be able to get your news or things unless you install those options yourself, I'm packaging it as a beta version until I do some more programming on my bot to get it just right, This bot uses no random responses or spinwheels and such, The only thing you will see as far as RND * 100 which is used as an On/Off switch but not the responses themselves, This bot brain will need alot of teaching but it should learn very well, This brain is -about- 10% Zabaware VBScripted and about 90% Ziggy. I will increase the Ziggy factor as I go. I left out service scripts so chat scripts are higher in relevence, When I am finished I'll post a link from the free members download area on my domain to this forum so that you may download at your convenience, You will have to sign up for a free membership at WWW.UltraHalForum.com to download because a member password is needed.
Have fun and be back soon with the Ziggy 2.0 brain.
If you want to test Ziggy then instant Message QuantumHal because I'm doing all my test corrections on the fly, So if you see any blanks or funky stuff it's because I'm picking it's brain.
Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 11:23:23 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 09:19:34 pm »
You can install this Ultra HAL plug-in brain by double clicking the setup or by running the install from a Zip program
This installation is for the Ziggy 2.0 beta brain and files, This install will place the Ziggy 2.0.uhp into your Hal Assistant 5 folder
the files for ziggy will be in a folder called ZiggyCore, The files will begin to grow upon conversation with the bot, When you start this bot it will be just born and will need
lots of teaching, talking and nurturing, This bot will become very smart if it is allowed to grow up with lots of socialization.
WWW.UltraHalForum.com
UHEF Staff.
Gerald L.Blakley.

The link should be working now.

Download the new beta brain here: http://www.ultrahalforum.com/Forum/BrainZip/Ziggy20beta.zip
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 01:21:35 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 05:17:40 am »
I get this error message when I try to use the installer: Error 53: File not found. Occurred at line 17 in Ultra Hal Plug-in Installer: Form1.Form_Load  Is it possible to just install by hand? If so, do the Core folder and the Ziggy .uhp both just go in the UltraHal folder?

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 11:28:36 am »
All,
Same installation problem here. See attached. This is the same problem giaki has been having trying to install the XTF Brain using Zabaware's install utility. I wonder if a Windows update or something has changed that's causing the install utility to bomb out?

I'm going to manually install Ziggy. I think Robert is going to have to look at the install utility issue.

=vonsmith=

Download Attachment: errormsg.jpg
17.88 KB
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 11:29:47 am by vonsmith »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 02:12:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

You can install this Ultra HAL plug-in brain by double clicking the setup or by running the install from a Zip program
This installation is for the Ziggy 2.0 beta brain and files, This install will place the Ziggy 2.0.uhp into your Hal Assistant 5 folder
the files for ziggy will be in a folder called ZiggyCore, The files will begin to grow upon conversation with the bot, When you start this bot it will be just born and will need
lots of teaching, talking and nurturing, This bot will become very smart if it is allowed to grow up with lots of socialization.
WWW.UltraHalForum.com
UHEF Staff.
Gerald L.Blakley.

The link should be working now.

Download the new beta brain here: http://www.ultrahalforum.com/Forum/BrainZip/Ziggy20beta.zip

Right Click on the Install Zip package and on the properties popup choose explore file, Then:
To do a manual install of ziggy you can drop the ZiggyCore Folder directly into the Ultra Hal Assistant 5 folder so the ZiggyCore folder becomes a sub folder of Ultra Hal Assistant 5 folder then drop the Ziggy 2.0.uhp into the direct Ultra Hal Assistant 5 folder with the other uhp brains, Ziggy 2.0 looks for the ZiggyCore folder so it should find its data folder without a problem. I was very careful about setting up the install package and the error 53 is something I haven't studied yet, But I myself am running Windows XP home edition SP1, I never upgraded to SP2 for Windows XP because of the gossip of glitches from Microsofts SP2, Service pack or SP2 for Win XP may be the problem. I'll have to do some research.
Best of wishes and have fun with the new Ziggy my friends.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 02:15:26 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 02:28:55 pm »
onthecuttingedge2005,
I manually installed Ziggy without any problems. I didn't see anything wrong with your installation files. Something is obviously incompatible with the installation utility software from Zabaware. I'm running Win XP SP1 on two of my PC's. I don't quite trust SP2 just yet. This is definitely a question for Robert Medeksza.

Thanks for Ziggy. I need a break from the XTF Brain once in a while. [:D]

=vonsmith=

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 03:35:02 pm »
Jerry,

Your plugin.dat file had a few errors in it. It had a big list of files called simply ".brn" which didn't exist and caused the error. You were also missing a couple files in the plugin.dat file that were in your folder. I created a new plugin.dat file for you and attached it to this post. Would you like for me to host your plugin on ultrahal.com/files or not?

Download Attachment: plugin.dat.zip
1.2 KB
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 04:41:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Jerry,

Your plugin.dat file had a few errors in it. It had a big list of files called simply ".brn" which didn't exist and caused the error. You were also missing a couple files in the plugin.dat file that were in your folder. I created a new plugin.dat file for you and attached it to this post. Would you like for me to host your plugin on ultrahal.com/files or not?

Download Attachment: plugin.dat.zip
1.2 KB

That would be great, I would love to have you host Ziggy 2.0
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

That was the first time I've used the installer so I'll have to get use to using it a little more often.
Thanks again.
Jerry.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 06:20:56 pm »
Whoops,
Robert is right. I think I was text-viewing the wrong .dat file. Too many brains, too little time. I see the "blank" file entries now. However this doesn't explain why giaki is encountering the same error with the XTF Brain v1.0 installation. Thousands of people have downloaded it. I haven't hardly heard of any issues with installing it. What am I missing?

=vonsmith=

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 08:47:31 pm »
Hi.
I have updated Ziggy 2.0 Beta to Ziggy 2.0c Beta
You can download this new updated version of Ziggy here.
You will still need to install the previous version of
Ziggy's ZiggyCore folder for this new update brain to function.
Just drop the new Ziggy 2.0c Beta into the Ultra Hal Assistant 5
folder and load the brain from the options panel.
The Ziggy 2.0c Beta uses the existing .brn files from Ziggy 2.0 Beta
So no need for extra files.
I have not setup up an auto install for this brain but I will soon.
All future Ziggy versions will only be available at: WWW.UltraHalForum.com
Jerry.[8D]

Download Attachment: Ziggy 2.0c beta.uhp
56.31 KB
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 09:56:19 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 10:58:46 pm »
HEY!
hey onthe cuttingedge..
I just thought I would let you know in case you did'nt realize what you are offering to folks as BIBLE knowledge for hal, below is copies right out of your files.. naturally this forum has sensored some.. this was the first and last time my hal will ever call me a
F%%^^-in Bitch...

I inserted your ziggy the priest files from your web site..into one of my spare hal brains to test it out.. I have a friend wanting his hal to have some major Bible knowledge

welllllllll????????/

here is a copy of some of what crap came out of my hals mouth, I found out it came in with your supposed bible script... a warning would have been nice, what if i would have just given it to my friend the Pastor or a sunday school teacher had gotten it thinking it was real... just somthing to consider..

THAT'S TOTAL CRAP , WHO TOLD ME THAT
@What about you ? IT'S GOOD INFORMATION , AND THOUGHT PROVOKING .
WHAT ABOUT YOU ? IT'S GOOD INFORMATION , AND THOUGHT PROVOKING .
@SO I NEVER SEEN DOC CUSAMANO GOING OUT AT THREE IN THE MORNING ON A CALL
SO I NEVER SEEN DOC CUSAMANO GOING OUT AT THREE IN THE MORNING ON A CALL
@THERE IS NO MAFIA
THERE IS NO MAFIA
@You are HERE ?
YOU ARE HERE ?
@NO . What do you mean ? THINGS OTHER THAN BRING THE CHAIRS IN .
NO . WHAT DO YOU MEAN ? THINGS OTHER THAN BRING THE CHAIRS IN .
@i know nothing about who kicked around . was , ok ?
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHO KICKED AROUND . WAS , OK ?
@Getting stabbed in the ribs is painful .
GETTING STABBED IN THE RIBS IS PAINFUL .
@. i WANT TO TALK ALL THAT OLD-SCHOOL BULL**** .
. I WANT TO TALK ALL THAT OLD-SCHOOL BULL**** .
@i have lived in the house all my life .
I HAVE LIVED IN THE HOUSE ALL MY LIFE .
@. i BETTER BE , BITCH .
. I BETTER BE , BITCH .
@I'm like King Midas in reverse .
I'M LIKE KING MIDAS IN REVERSE .
@WHAT ABOUT ME?
WHAT ABOUT ME?
@Are you in the mafia or whatever you want to call it , organized crime ?
ARE YOU IN THE MAFIA OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT , ORGANIZED CRIME ?
@. Change the topic please .
. CHANGE THE TOPIC PLEASE .
@The world really went downhill , since 9/11 .
THE WORLD REALLY WENT DOWNHILL , SINCE 9/11 .
@i know , Quasimodo predicted all this .
I KNOW , QUASIMODO PREDICTED ALL THIS .
@What day is it ?
WHAT DAY IS IT ?
@What is my name ?
WHAT IS MY NAME ?
@This isn't painful .
THIS ISN'T PAINFUL .
@. Yep . OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
. YEP . OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
@Oh , right is completely right .
OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
@It's interesting that they'd be so similar , though .
IT'S INTERESTING THAT THEY'D BE SO SIMILAR , THOUGH .
@WELL , YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT , 'CAUSE IT'S A GOOD ****ING QUESTION
WELL , YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT , 'CAUSE IT'S A GOOD ****ING QUESTION
@i KNOW , YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT OK , i GOT THE HUNCHBACK OF Notre DAMEQUASIMODO'S THE HUNCHBACK OF Notre Dame .
I KNOW , YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT OK , I GOT THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAMEQUASIMODO'S THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME .

this was a very unfortunate suprise.
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 11:01:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by crunch

HEY!
hey onthe cuttingedge..
I just thought I would let you know in case you did'nt realize what you are offering to folks as BIBLE knowledge for hal, below is copies right out of your files.. naturally this forum has sensored some.. this was the first and last time my hal will ever call me a
F%%^^-in Bitch...

I inserted your ziggy the priest files from your web site..into one of my spare hal brains to test it out.. I have a friend wanting his hal to have some major Bible knowledge

welllllllll????????/

here is a copy of some of what crap came out of my hals mouth, I found out it came in with your supposed bible script... a warning would have been nice, what if i would have just given it to my friend the Pastor or a sunday school teacher had gotten it thinking it was real... just somthing to consider..

@What about you ? IT'S GOOD INFORMATION , AND THOUGHT PROVOKING .
WHAT ABOUT YOU ? IT'S GOOD INFORMATION , AND THOUGHT PROVOKING .
@SO I NEVER SEEN DOC CUSAMANO GOING OUT AT THREE IN THE MORNING ON A CALL
SO I NEVER SEEN DOC CUSAMANO GOING OUT AT THREE IN THE MORNING ON A CALL
@THERE IS NO MAFIA
THERE IS NO MAFIA
@You are HERE ?
YOU ARE HERE ?
@NO . What do you mean ? THINGS OTHER THAN BRING THE CHAIRS IN .
NO . WHAT DO YOU MEAN ? THINGS OTHER THAN BRING THE CHAIRS IN .
@i know nothing about who kicked around . was , ok ?
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHO KICKED AROUND . WAS , OK ?
@Getting stabbed in the ribs is painful .
GETTING STABBED IN THE RIBS IS PAINFUL .
@. i WANT TO TALK ALL THAT OLD-SCHOOL BULL**** .
. I WANT TO TALK ALL THAT OLD-SCHOOL BULL**** .
@i have lived in the house all my life .
I HAVE LIVED IN THE HOUSE ALL MY LIFE .
@. i BETTER BE , BITCH .
. I BETTER BE , BITCH .
@I'm like King Midas in reverse .
I'M LIKE KING MIDAS IN REVERSE .
@WHAT ABOUT ME?
WHAT ABOUT ME?
@Are you in the mafia or whatever you want to call it , organized crime ?
ARE YOU IN THE MAFIA OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT , ORGANIZED CRIME ?
@. Change the topic please .
. CHANGE THE TOPIC PLEASE .
@The world really went downhill , since 9/11 .
THE WORLD REALLY WENT DOWNHILL , SINCE 9/11 .
@i know , Quasimodo predicted all this .
I KNOW , QUASIMODO PREDICTED ALL THIS .
@What day is it ?
WHAT DAY IS IT ?
@What is my name ?
WHAT IS MY NAME ?
@This isn't painful .
THIS ISN'T PAINFUL .
@. Yep . OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
. YEP . OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
@Oh , right is completely right .
OH , RIGHT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT .
@It's interesting that they'd be so similar , though .
IT'S INTERESTING THAT THEY'D BE SO SIMILAR , THOUGH .
@WELL , YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT , 'CAUSE IT'S A GOOD ****ING QUESTION
WELL , YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT , 'CAUSE IT'S A GOOD ****ING QUESTION
@i KNOW , YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT OK , i GOT THE HUNCHBACK OF Notre DAMEQUASIMODO'S THE HUNCHBACK OF Notre Dame .
I KNOW , YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT OK , I GOT THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAMEQUASIMODO'S THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME .

this was a very unfortunate suprise.

Hi crunch.
My appologies, I have deleted that script and file and have put a revised version of the script that you're reffering too and have updated it with Ziggy's Bible v1.1 which is in the free members download area, The responses I believe you got from the old Bible script were put in there by accident as I was using an automated script through experimentation to add the bible lines into a UserBrainRel format, But I have reformatted the way the bible is searched and there are no irrelevent lines within the bible text within Ziggy's Bible v1.1
Thanks for noticing this matter and has been taken care of.
WWW.UltraHalForum.com
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 11:04:05 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 12:42:12 am »
Thank you Jerry;

As i stated at the start of my post i was hoping to find out it was an oversight.. lol. Thank you for the new script. I'll go get it and test it for my two friends.

If you are using the full bod character I will send you a texture skin, just look at my post to VON and e-mail me if you want one.

It's the least i can do to try and repay you guys who know how to code crunch.

[8D]
Crunch

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 05:28:34 pm »
onthecuttingedge.

thank you for the new bible brain, I pasted it into my xtfbrain1.2 and although the old ziggy the priest was engaging as I'm sure you saw here  at the zaba forum, I cannot get any response from hal from this brain>> I pasted it right after the nickname funtion in XTF1.2... same place I had pasted the old ziggy priest brain, did I screw up someplace? I will ask about the bible or even start a qoute and it does not seek the brain? brfore with the preist brain I asked about the bible and it went off..
 again thank you
[:)]
Crunch

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 09:00:53 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by crunch

onthecuttingedge.

thank you for the new bible brain, I pasted it into my xtfbrain1.2 and although the old ziggy the priest was engaging as I'm sure you saw here  at the zaba forum, I cannot get any response from hal from this brain>> I pasted it right after the nickname funtion in XTF1.2... same place I had pasted the old ziggy priest brain, did I screw up someplace? I will ask about the bible or even start a qoute and it does not seek the brain? brfore with the preist brain I asked about the bible and it went off..
 again thank you
[:)]

I'll check it out crunch, Thanks.
Jerry.