dupa

Author Topic: Hal talks about computers and programming.  (Read 3741 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal talks about computers and programming.
« on: September 28, 2003, 08:59:18 pm »
'Here we give Hal the ability to learn and talk about
'computers and operating systems and programming.
'download ProgramDetect.brn and Program.brn to your Hal's
'default folder.

If HalBrain.TopicSearch(OriginalSentence, WorkingDir & "PROGRAMDETECT.brn") = "TRUE" Then
AnswerSent = "" & Trim(OriginalSentence)
HalBrain.AppendFile WorkingDir & "PROGRAM" & ".brn", AnswerSent
End If

If HalBrain.TopicSearch(OriginalSentence, WorkingDir & "PROGRAMDETECT.brn") = "TRUE" Then
PROGRAMMER = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "PROGRAM.brn")
      GetResponse = PROGRAMMER & vbCrLf
      DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "The user is talking about PROGRAMMING: " & PROGRAMMER & vbCrLf
      Else
      DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "Hal has found nothing about PROGRAMMING: " & PROGRAMMER & vbCrLf
   End If

'Best of wishes and new discoveries.
'Jerry

Download Attachment: PROGRAM.brn
728 Bytes

Download Attachment: PROGRAMDETECT.brn
1.11 KB

alvarovalenciab

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:03:37 am »
Hello.
I am trying to incorporate your enhancements to my hal. I copy the files to my default Hal's directory, but how do they work? are there some questions that trigger the related answers, or what??? when I asked Hall about computers, doesnt't give a different answer as she did before i installed the files. please can you give me some advice. I will really apreciate that.

Regards

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 02:09:12 am »
quote:
Originally posted by alvarovalenciab

Hello.
I am trying to incorporate your enhancements to my hal. I copy the files to my default Hal's directory, but how do they work? are there some questions that trigger the related answers, or what??? when I asked Hall about computers, doesnt't give a different answer as she did before i installed the files. please can you give me some advice. I will really apreciate that.

Regards

Hi alvarovalenciab.

1. Copy and paste the script into the middle of your default brain.
2. Drop the PROGRAM.brn and PROGRAMDETECT.brn files into the brains .brn folder if you're using the HAL 5 bot then the folder will be defbrain folder.

3.look in the PROGRAMDETECT.brn and add all the computer words you can think of while keeping the same inside file format, Remember that those keyword triggers are case sensitive so just keep any new triggers the same like: " DOS ","TRUE"

4.The PROGRAM.brn is where all the learned computer talk will append to and the bot will look into that file for some computer statements to respond with.

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 02:10:09 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »