dupa

Author Topic: modeling questions  (Read 3069 times)

iampan

modeling questions
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »
my goal is to make the ai from resident evil, the red queen.
so i need to find a young girl full body with long hair, i think she was around 10 or 11 in the movie, but i would be happy with a close approximation.

if some one could make this or already has, i would be more than happy to make a photo-realistic fullbody skin for them.
i am very good at skinning from years of the sims...lol. i also am familiar with poser and 3d max.
so i can make the model but dont know what to do with it after, does haptek use bones, or other type of rigging?
is there some kind of program to convert poser or 3ds file to htr?

if i made the poser file could someone convert it for me? again i would make something in return be it a skin or a model.
thanks

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Re: modeling questions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:55 am »
Hi, iampan,
You need to get in touch with Haptek, they have a program that converts 3dmax to haptek I think.
But it's not cheap.
The thing with Haptek is that you can't do much with it unless you buy their other programs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:13:40 am by NIGE »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »
iampan,

Unfortunately, Haptek seems to be dying s slow death partly from lack of embracing various communities who tried to
garner more support over the years and the lack of further development in order to keep up with changing times and demands
from the users.

Don't expect too much from them. Do look in other places as new graphic characters are now popping up everywhere as are
the engines with which to use them.

All the best!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:54:09 am »
We don't even make chatbots, what are you talking about ?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:11:14 am »
Ahhh, yes that happens to me too, no problem.  Sounds like you are having fun though, lots of questions  ;D