Author Topic: Database table plugins?  (Read 2915 times)

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Database table plugins?
« on: November 24, 2005, 03:18:02 am »
The plugin system is a great idea for inserting script into the brain.

But what about database "plugins"? When scripting I'd prefer to use tables for their flexibility. Is there some way to export specific tables for sharing?

For example I'm writing code that chooses between three tables of nicknames depending on HAL's emotional state. It would be great to include three example tables when sharing the code, rather than users having to generate their own.

The whole database is more than 20MB, which is a bit big for easy trading!

Anyone have any ideas?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Database table plugins?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 09:05:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by GrantNZ

The plugin system is a great idea for inserting script into the brain.

But what about database "plugins"? When scripting I'd prefer to use tables for their flexibility. Is there some way to export specific tables for sharing?

For example I'm writing code that chooses between three tables of nicknames depending on HAL's emotional state. It would be great to include three example tables when sharing the code, rather than users having to generate their own.

The whole database is more than 20MB, which is a bit big for easy trading!

Anyone have any ideas?

If you are familiar with the format of the old style .brn files from Hal 6, there are several functions in the HalBrain.dll you can call that will import the .brn file into the database. You can also manually import .brn files using the import function in the Brain Editor.
Robert Medeksza

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Database table plugins?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 06:42:53 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

If you are familiar with the format of the old style .brn files from Hal 6, there are several functions in the HalBrain.dll you can call that will import the .brn file into the database. You can also manually import .brn files using the import function in the Brain Editor.

Thank you, that's an option, I'll keep it in mind [:)]