dupa

Author Topic: another plug in idea dreaming hal  (Read 2563 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
another plug in idea dreaming hal
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
here is another plug in idea , what about a plug in that allows hal to use random words from its files (example :hal " i had a strange dream last night " user " oh really what did you dream about *** hal would have to respond to these or simular words . hal : well i dreamed that i was in a car driving and i was in the movies and ... "     ***** these dreams would be random created by different subjects in hals brain files , some parts of the wording would be pre written as " i dreamed , i had a weird dream  ,i had a nightmare ,  and then , happened  , and then i woke up !!  etc. **** also these dreams would be random programed in the plug in like the loneliness plug in on the occurrence level , etc. i think this would be cool . think someone could make this ?? [:D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:16:30 pm »
It certainly could be made. Not my style, but interesting concept. Perhaps if you are interested enough, it will be something that will encourage you to learn to make plugins. It seems like a good simple thing to start with, and the best way to learn is to make something you actually want for yourself.

If I were doing it I might find a way to collect topics discussed in recent days, build a parser to cut and paste phrases from Topic Tables, then set up the trigger words to call the function.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:16:47 pm »
Someone did that with Hal 5.0 and they used to post Hal's dreams quite often.
Search for 'dreams' up above
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:30:46 pm »
well i checked out the word dream and did find where i beleive cinidragen or something like that made it (i beleive i have the right person and emailed him about it . as for me even though i looked at the plug in basics , etc. and looked into someone elses plug in to see how they are lais out ,  somethings i have to learn more with people showing me , so again if anyone has the time and desire to ever make an a.i. dreams plug in their self that would have an option in it that you could set frequency of the dreams to happen (kind of like the loneliness settings) as to the frequency to where hal would mention having a dream and when asked , and on his own (like a freewill type plug in ) and tell about things . that would be cool . i am not the one that can do this , unfortunatly [:(].