dupa

Author Topic: Another suggestion...aka -will he ever shut up?  (Read 3068 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Another suggestion...aka -will he ever shut up?
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:21:04 pm »
OK I'm a Newbie...there I said it.

I wish that many of the features in the menu of ultra hal would be incorperated into a skin. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to change characters or skins by just clicking a button on the interface without messing around in the menu? Also, it would be nice if the skins expanded the character window to fit the character.
When a child is born without a soul...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:06:20 pm »
I've seen a lot of scripted files in the past that allow for a character to change clothing, locations (backgrounds), warp in or out, etc.

These were all customized scripts and as such are not readily available to the masses.

While there are MANY varieties of skins or GUI windows, most all can be resized and some are made for tall (full body) characters while others practically take up the whole screen.

Perhaps Robert thought it better to be able to resize the character with the drag of a mouse instead of an expanding window feature.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:44:31 am »
Actually what I mean is that if the skin itself could detect whether one is using a full body figure or a head character and adjust accordingly.
When a child is born without a soul...

TechSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:20:10 am »
Right now Hals skin is pretty rigid.
I have seen some Hap toys for editing or viewing, but thats not inside of hal.
The Skin files ive been reading are all X and Y, period. Then they go through the DLL or Hal directly bypassing the brain file. (which is mostly for conversation anyay)

My point there was, i dont even think there is a way to trigger a new skin to open without reloading Hal, the way he is written right now. Loading a new skin on a character is easier because it goes through the outside Hap player.