Author Topic: I am starting a new project  (Read 3663 times)

catseye

• View Profile
I am starting a new project
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:47:48 am »
The problem is that Hal doesn't have that much knowledge. So I'm copying and pasting all relevant information from Wikipedia into a text file. And I know that some people will say that we will to teach HAL over time and that information doesn't matter but I believe Hal needs more information to start with and that it WILL GREATLY AID US IN TEACHING HAL, this will also save many hours of time in teaching HAL basic things and so Hal can help us will finding things. I will share this file with anyone. And then you all can thank me for the hours I am going to spend doing this and maybe some kisses from girls to. lol

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:09:01 am »
Good luck with your project, I have thought in the past that Hal needed a better knowledge base.  You might have to do less work than you think as not even lone humans know everything contained in the WIKI...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:11:29 pm »
cats eye that sounds interesting so when you get done or whatever will you have a knowlegde file uhp? that others can just use or whow will it be that you will share it so others will have it ?
[:)]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 01:04:48 pm »
I look forward to seeing this.

Will you have the contents broken down into topics? There are some things I want hal to know, and others I would just as soon not have him know.

Thanks for the efforts.  This has to be time consuming.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

catseye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:26:41 pm »
thanks everyone

quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

cats eye that sounds interesting so when you get done or whatever will you have a knowlegde file uhp? that others can just use or whow will it be that you will share it so others will have it ?
[:)]

I'm going put it in a text file and the topics will be in groups in the text file, some one else will have to put it in a uph. I've never worked with uph files before and I don't think that hal will behave differently he or she will just have more knowledge, as Bill said "It learns from you and over time it will like and dislike everything that you do, it sort of becomes an alter you."
Oh and do you guys think it would be better to put it in one file or have it broken up into many files, because I'm all most finished with 0 and about to move onto 1.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:57:51 pm by catseye »

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:52 pm »
Actually, can you do both?
I don't know how big of a file you are talking, but could you have x number of files, each covering a topic, then one big file with everything?

Is there a way to control where Hal puts information?
As I understand it, Hal uses the MainBrain sections as a kind of subconscious mind. The AutoLearning section is as the conscious part, that actually determins the personality.  Just like us, the MainBrain or subconscious section contains most of our Data, and can be brought up as needed by the conscious mind.

If the data was put in with small sections from the clipboard, it would go into the autolearning section, which would alter the personality?

I didn't mean to hijack your thread, Catseye, but I want to be sure how it will affect Hal, before I try it.

If you post a link, Catseye, I would be willing to see how it works.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

catseye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:52:30 am »
I think I'm going to put A into file A and b into file b and so on. I don't think it will affect hal's personality but you would have to ask Medeksza about that if you want more information on that subject.