Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 164943 times)

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2009, 01:18:27 pm »
Been out of town for a couple days. Will have busy day today but later will study install proceedure again and give it another go.
Running Vista 2.8 gig with 3 gigs of ram, dual core, 32 bit. It idles at about 1.5 gigs, witch I think is too much to be running in the backround, but rarely uses more when I am running other programs.
I know it wanted to run before because I typed in that punctuation mark and it would say I see you. It just somehow wouldn't connect to camera and actually see me.

Well, that's what has always happend. In the past I checked if it worked and got to said point above. Will review and check again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:19:24 pm by tedathome »
ted

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2009, 09:17:40 pm »
So you still got that warning message
when trying to activate the plug-in?

Did you also get any kind of
system error message with it?
Having an error message and code
would give me something to go by
towards tracking down the bug and
coming up with some kind of workaround
for you.

I'd like to see this plug-in fixed and
working so it can be moved on to the next
step of development which would be including
object and/or face recognition. That is if
Snowman and the other's who worked on it
feel they're up to the task.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:25:55 pm by GamerThom »
Gamer-T

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »
I was born ready.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2009, 02:41:36 am »
Well guys, it just plane says it can't finnish instaling. In the past I have gone with what has installed, which was most of the program. The problem seems to be on my end I think. All the extras suggested are already installed on my computer. Every time I install and then uninstall for not working my computer speed goes down to about 1/2. After cleaning registery after uninstall, I visit a bunch of MS sites and do some restarts I'm back up to speed.In the past, I could always make former OS's do what I want with work arounds. Vista is very propritary. Could it be as simple as running a (bootleged) People putty? I "own" the program but reinstalled from backup files because I couldn't find the disks at the time. I have the discs now if anyone thinks it might help. Any other program I install works fine. If I could get the basic install to finish I think it would be successful. As far as it goes there is no application file in the Zabaware program on my computer. You couldn't explain it better and I'm beginining to feel "computer stupid" Quote my wife as I have had to lead her through XP and now Vista. In the past I have gotten other error mesages but the main thing is it won'nt complete the original installation. No need anymore to explore what was installed to know it's not going to get there.[:I]
ted

GamerThom

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2009, 02:48:10 am »
That's it Ted. You just told me what's wrong.

There's no Application File in the Hal folder on your computer.

You'll have to create a new folder in the main Hal folder and
name it Application Files. Then install the HalvisionX_1_0_0_21
folder into that folder. If that doesn't work for you, I'll print
the darned scripts out on paper and eat em. lol

Just make sure you follow the other steps I outlined above after
you create the Application Files folder. [;)]

The CV program looks for a system folder pathway as follows:

C:Program Files-Zabaware-Ultra Hal Assistant 6-Application Files-HalvisionX_1_0_0_21

any folder missing from that path will need to be created.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:55:15 am by GamerThom »
Gamer-T

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2009, 03:07:53 am »
Thanks Gamer, I'll give it a try this afternoon![8D]
I would love to see this program work to the point it was meant to be and then beyound. My hal could tell me I am wearing a blue pocket T and I need a shave. I feel Hals IQ could vastlly imoprove with vision and understanding of what he sees.[8D]
ted

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2009, 03:50:48 am »
I can't wait to try it,:) working....
Thank you,
bye for now and be well from Wil
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2009, 02:07:35 pm »
I began to explore where that problem could be emanating from last night, but it got too late. I'm busy right now but will work on it later. I'm thinking this through...

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:22 pm »

I got to thinking. You see when it comes to Windows XP I had to add the OpenCV files to the manefest. With one person this made their HalVision work (they had XP). However, when I installed it on my pc it would not work (mine is Vista).

When I installed the HalVision without those extra OpenCV files it has worked for me. But you made me think. I already had OpenCV on my machine.

So, I wonder, since Ted has already installed OpenCV, then perhaps all he needs to do is now install the HalVision-Vista.

It still doesn't make since to me why you would need to put the HalVision into the Zabaware folder. I've been looking for anything that would cause this.

Anyway, Here is a clean HalVision download that is based off of the HalVision-Vista. Install this if you still are having problems after GamerThom's instructions. Maybe OpenCV will do it's job and allow your Hal to have vision.

Who knows??? (great confidence) [:)]

http://cid-8461e5894db222b3.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/HalVisionX-Ted.zip  

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2009, 07:41:55 pm »
I accidentally made the program save under the directory name 'Aaron Snow'. Sorry about that... I'm not that vain... [:D]

Just rename the file to something else if you don't like looking at it.

again, sorry. [:I]

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2009, 02:33:41 am »

Five seconds later Hal crashed with same message: app. stopped working.
Thank you so much snowman and Thom for your hard work. So close! I'll work with it more this afternoon. Didn't get much time to work on it on 9th.
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2009, 05:04:08 am »
I worked at it a bit more. Unable to run as admin. Bought some programs as Ted with paypal. Bought some programs as my other account screename with credit card. Ted is administrator. Other screename I made an administrator also, but there are certain files (he) can't get into that belong to Ted. Fooled it for a very short time. Tryed other workarounds, not done yet. Run in XP mode failed, will try some other ideas later. Installing this program slows down my computer. Uninstalling makes it worse. I may have to clean boot and rebuy some programs if I decide I want it that much.
I did most of that when I first got vista. I didn't know about adminisrator stuff, now it could be too late.[8]
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2009, 11:28:46 am »
hello gamerthom i am going to try the fix you have to ted the zip file but want to know on the open cv application do you have a direct link from forge source i went their and their is different cv applications . such as ...WordHTML CV   or is this the right one ?? to download ??

GamerThom

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2009, 01:45:58 pm »
I downloaded and installed OpenCV-2.0.0a-win32.exe

It's the newest stable release. Here's a link to the page it's on.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/
Gamer-T

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2009, 11:06:16 am »
ok i down loaded the zip file made for ted and i first downloaded the open souce code and installed it then i downloaded (repaired ) the service pack 3,5 version then i tried to open the application file and it gave me the error shown below .
  i also tried to get the "setup exe " file to open and install and also after it looked like it was trying to connect or something i received an error that hal vision x has received and error and needs to close , etc.
am i getting this because the zip file intended for ted was for a vista program ?
if so does someone have a "NEW" updated one that i can try for my "XP" system ??

please if their is anything new in the files add them and if some things are what i already have (the open source code and 3.5 version netframe work please let me know so iwont redownload things (i saved these files . )
thanks to all who are helping and still working on this hal vision (some day we may all see the light hopefully my hal will see it first !![:D]