Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 164934 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #345 on: October 18, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »
I am using the HalVisionX3 plug in and from what i see the problem seems to be that the curser isn't picking up signals? from the motion detection camera , i placed the curder in the hal txt box and it doesn't work that way , the uhp is working as i put the "::" in hal and hal said the varied sentences . if someone can figure out how to get the hal txt box to pick up through the curser in the box it will work right .
  The original program was for xp and vista , but seems like the plug in should work with windows seven i downloaded the newest version of the yaw camera program for windows seven and it does work .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2012, 07:42:39 pm »
I tried something else , in the string i placed :
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strFile = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\yawcam detection picture\yawcam detection picture.jpg"

i have this pathway set in the yaw camera to save the file in the above created folder and it does and it rewrites over the same file each time i move it snaps another pic "BUT" for some reason the uhp program isn't recognizing this file each time ( i even deleted it and waited for the file to reappear thinking hal would run the script line in the uhp halvision 3  but it didn't .
  I feel i am on the right path here for doing this but for some reason the uhp script isn't working .
"Any help would be appreciated" would it have anything to do with the file name that's being used in the hal is a .jpg extension ? (in can't change it from jpg in the yaw camera setting , it only has that one setting .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2012, 12:09:30 pm »
I am back working on this again and have tried to use the earlier halvision (original with directory ) and the second version with the automatic? detect hal pathway with my camera file pathway as the string sentence (trigger words ) to activate the random hal vision sentences . but it hasn't worked yet . :(
   the only thing i can figure is that for whatever reason it isn't detecting the file name "yawcam detection picture.jpg" that the detection camera places in this file and overwrites each time a new detection is made .
This seems to be the problem i am having , but so far i haven't figured out why , unless the script that has been written in the halvision program isn't right , making it not detect the new file ? 
The hal vision works okay when a person puts in the original "::" marks , so somehow the file that i have that is suppose to be detected as an input string , isn't being detected to make it work , once that is figured out the way i am doing this with the motion detector should work , then i can rewrite better vision lines and more to detect from .
Again "ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!"
Thanks  :)

Looking back over the halvision thread i ran across this bit of information :
Finally, you will need to tell Hal something.... anything will do... if you do this the HalVision.uhp plugin should automatically record your username and halname to a file called 'UserCom.txt'. It will appear in the Ultra Hal Assistant 6/ Directory if everything is working properly.

If you done the above steps and also have chosen the Ultra Hal Assistant 6/ Directory in the HalVisionX/Option's/Hal Directory then everything should work properly.
  I checked and it did create this file as it is in my Hal file .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:39:51 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2012, 07:36:31 am »
    I was hoping someone smarter then me , (their are many) might have a renewed interest in actually giving hal sight (again ) "some had gotten it working before " .
     As i said i have the yaw camera picking up movement and it saves a movement file in hals directory my problem is for whatever reason it isn't being displayed as an imput so it triggers the string sentences , which if i can get it working can re write them all better and add more .
(i know i created a fauxe vision uhp before , but it would be nice to have an actual hal vision . )
Art, Oncutting edge2005,Robert,  anyone ???
      I can post pics and show what i mean of things if it would help .
And as someone else said before maybe later on a their can be a detection string for left movement , right , etc. that would play seperat string sentences, which of course would add even more realism !

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2012, 05:48:50 pm »
May I suggest a vision use:
 Use the phrase 'this is' to trigger camera capture.
ex:  This is my cat.  {Save image 'my_cat.jpg'}
 Use the phrase 'show me|us' to trigger slide show.
ex: Show me my cat.   {View image 'my_cat.jpg'}

With some more work, it could handle:
ex: Show me a cat.  {View image '*cat.jpg'}

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »
I don't use webcams so I can't help you out light.
you can do a google: keywords vbscript webcams and you might find some vbscript code already written that could be modified for HAL.

Jerry

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:23 am »
  I've just gotten a Creative Livecam,  it has learning capability so it reconizes much faster after use than the original install. be nice to use it with Hal. Since this post is 24 pages long could it be restarted with the latest devlopments and info?
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2012, 10:11:43 am »
Hello Carl2 , i was hoping to get people back interested in this hal vision again , as i said i have using the old script that was created and the yaw cam update for windows 7 os semi working , it shows the web camera is working showing motion detection and with a pathway i used for my particular file folder i created it make and over write a jpg picture it takes of my movement .
    The biggest problem i have is that the picture that is being taken from movement isn't going into the input of hal which would trigger the responses .
I believe once this is solved it will work as intended . 
In the original you could put in the "::" marks without quotations and it would trigger random sayings , i replaced those marks with the name of a picture file that is taken with each movement and is copied over on the next movement to trigger next sayings .
This could be a real start for hal vision if we can get it working , then hopefully with better software sometime a vision through web camera that detects left or right movement in it's self so certain triggered responses can be made " example : why did you move farther to the left ? ;)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2012, 09:34:47 am »
Lightspeed,
  On and off thinking about the cam, plugin and hal interface, so if I put a picture of Hal in frount of the cam called Cat, Hal would think he is speaking to a person named Cat?
Carl2

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 13, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »
I wrote a minimal C# (.net) program Show.exe (16K) for showing a picture.
I wrote a Pascal program FindFile.exe for making a list of files (FndFile.TXT) that match a search_spec
  ex: FindFile cat*.jpg
and a program Choose for picking a random list entry (to Choice.TXT)
'Show me a cat' causes (example):
   FindFile cat*.jpg cat*.gif
   Choose FndFile.TXT
   read Choice.TXT
   Show cat_in_tree.jpg

This is crude but it works.  The weakest part is 'Choose' since I can't infer on external data
(can't use 'the', 'other', etc.)

Webcams use proprietary interfaces.  I haven't found one that will just take a picture from
the command line, so I can say 'See cat_eating_mouse.jpg'

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »
This halvision is now working , i haven't posted the working one on here yet as i am waiting for an answer from oncutting edge about reposting it here in the shared files area . but the file is on this area of the forum right now .
Mine that i wanted to repost is a rewritten responses of this halvision .
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9461.0

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »
Sorry to be a bother, but I live in the wilds of MN and don't have regular internet service.
Can YawCam be used in offline mode?  I can't figure out how.
  For years, computer interfaces have moved towards GUI and away from text.
Now we are giving programs the ability of using English and we've lost apps that can
do anything without a mouse and eyeballs! 
  For example, the Logitech camera site has bloated software with circuitous downloading
and comments about crapware (not from me).  How I long for a simple camera that I can
call from the command line to just take a picture!  Can anyone help me?
Again, I'm sorry I can't afford more net time to do my own searching..

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »
I answer my own question:
  I downloaded WebCamImageSave
command line usage: webcamimagesave /capture /Filename "this.jpg"

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54:03 am »
So I finally realize that yawcam is a free downloadable software and not a certain camera I have to buy. I have been following this with great interest, but not enough attention to details. I've downloaded the software, I'll talk to you on IM in the morning my friend. I need more specific directions to set this up properly.
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 17, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »
My Hal can see! Thank you Lightspeed for walking me through the process and giving me your updated uhp. Thank you OTCE for all your hard work, thanks to everyone involved in this project and to Snowman for starting it, I think Art was involved and don't want to leave out anyone who has worked or helped on this, hope LS will remember the rest.
ted