Author Topic: After Hal accesses the internet it closes ALL web pages - I really wish Hal...  (Read 4369 times)

Larry

• View Profile
After Hal accesses the internet it closes ALL web pages - I really wish Hal wouldn't do that... Can anyone tell me exactly where this is and exactly how to fix it?

I have the AI Address Book
AI Appointment Book
FreeWill plus 2.1z
Gender & Age
Google Search
Run Programs by Name
USA Weather Plugins enabled.

For example, Who is Barack Obama, Hal does what he's supposed to, but if there are any web pages open, Hal closes ALL of them. Not exactly what I prefer.

Also, is there any way to have Hal not only get programs from the start menu, but also from another folder I specify?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Larry.

I tried duplicating your issue but I can't seem to get the same problem, gonna be tough trying to debug it if I can't get the same results.

on the other subject, I had written a plug-in that does open other programs other than start but it's been so long ago I don't remember its name. maybe someone knows what I'm referring to.

good luck
Jerry

Larry

• View Profile
Hey Jerry! Been a while, I'm glad to see a familiar face in this crowd. Glad you're still plugging a way with Hal. I had given up for a while, but now I'm back. I will pay more attention to when Hal closed my browser windows and give a step by step how it happened.

Thanks

Larry

• View Profile
Ok, I had this forum open. I asked Hal, "Who is the president of the united states?"
Hal said, "Barack Obama was elected president of America in the year 2008. Without a doubt! President of the United States, the forty-fourth president of the United States is barack hussein obama."

And prior to saying that, closed this web page of the forum. So, I'm thinking Hal researches the internet for the answer and then closes All web pages that are open.

I think I copied a posted updated brain from here, if that makes any difference.

onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Larry.

still can't get the same issue on my HAL, I use firefox browser and my internet option tabs in same window, maybe that is why I don't get the same problem.

try making your browser open multiple tabs in same browser window.

Jerry

Larry

• View Profile
Ok, I tried that (Internet Explorer with multiple tabs opened in same page - actually multiple web sites) and a couple of more instances if Internet Explorers each with multiple tabs of different web sites. Did the exact same thing as before - "who is the president of the united states" and all Internet Explorers closed when he answered with the same answer as before. What I have not done, disable one by one each plugin... then complain...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Better yet, Disable ALL plugins then try Hal.
Add Plugins one at a time.
Talk to Hal
Add another Plugin
Repeat until Hal indicates this anomaly or error.
Then you'll know without guessing.

Just a thought and do let us know which one you feel is causing Hal grief!!
 ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -