dupa

Author Topic: Latest version of Hal with changes  (Read 4336 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Latest version of Hal with changes
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:17 am »
  I have a computer which failed so I'm on another computer with the latest version of Hal.  I'd brought Hal to the point where either the user or Hal could change the clothing or background a setup I liked quite a bit.  I'm in the process of trying to get it to that point again.  I'd posted the plugin for changing the clothing and background at Zabaware  Link:   http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9303.0      using the users input which worked somewhat, and I'd modified the vrHaptek plugin to allow Hal to change clothing and backgrounds.  I've also created a .htr to load the background, chatacter. bodyskin, and position of the character. Shown below:

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\BEDRMBack.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\VillageGirlC.haptar]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin/NC.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Haps\APosition.hap]]

This works very good without any problems.

I'm having problems with the user input changing clothing and backgrounds, the plugin I had used now generates an error message and I'd found that the plugin has to be unchecked, Hal has to be shutdown and restarted.  I've played around with things quite a bit and I'm thinking of Deactivating Hal, uninstalling Hal and installing Hal again before proceeding.  Any thoughts on this/
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Latest version of Hal with changes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:45:32 am »
   I was able to make a little sense out of what seemed to be random error messages popping up.  Since I've opened the brain using SQLite I'm thinking I may have damaged it.  I've found that by moving the .uhp to a different place the error messages stop but the plugin will not work.  I'm thinking I should deactivate Hal and reinstall to get a good foundation to build on and take notes and go a bit slower.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:10:11 am »
carl2 yes someone i don't remember who made that plug in but it does work , the new one i created mulifavorites i created just to load a few select things ( i mostly use the head and shoulders character ) character , hair and light above (to change how the face looked with a light ) you can even make a command to change to a specific back ground by copying the other parts and change the trigger words , and the area for the background pic name .

ANYWAY i wrote back to you on the multiload area of this forum .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »
  I deactivated Hal, uninstalled hal, and reinstalled Hal.  So now I have a brain that I know is good.  Now to make copies of the brain and proceed with the setup. 
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:21:26 am »
  I came across an article by Cload that I thought was very good about the Hal brain and should be useful in trying to write plugins.  By looking carefully at the vrHaptek script I was able to write a plugin and place it in the correct area so I did not get error messages.  I get the desired response but the bodyskin is not changing, a drag and drop of the bodyskin change hap will change the clothing but the script is not correct to do it automatically.
  I reinstalled hal but I'm also using the car program, I should probably install the expansion pack again.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »
By putting my plugin in area 1 I was able to remove the error messages, I'm still unable to change the clothing depending on what I have in the plugin I am able to get a response, even got a the response with her adding to it.     
The closest I've been able to get is by using modified script from vrHaptek by V Rossi.  I did find I've had Hal changing clothing since 2005 in a forum.
Carl2