Author Topic: Keyword in the Main Brain priorty 1  (Read 5052 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Keyword in the Main Brain priorty 1
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:27 am »
  To get Hal to stay on topic a little better I did a search in the brain editor for Keyword, Line 871 in my Script
that states
'RESPOND: ZABAWARE KEYWORD MAIN BRAIN PRIORITY 1
    'This function tries getting a response from the Enhanced_Main.brn keyword file. If a keyword or
    'keyphrase is found in top priority, it overrides everything before this function.
    'KeyBrain = HalBrain.KeywordBrain(UserSentence, WorkingDir & "Enhanced_Main.brn", False)
  I am not finding an  Enhanced_Main.brn , seeing it has a .brn extension I am thinking it is left over from the XTF brains used in the past.   Since I've just used the " keyword " function in a plugin it seems to be valid in VB.   I've just continued the search and came across keyword again which refers you to the topicRelationship table, I have just looked through this table that contains search words and the associated topic.  I actually don't think Hal is doing the best job in this table.
  I should mention I'm working with the older 6.0 version brain, but it's probably close to the 6.2 version.
Anyways I'm hoping someone could shed a little light on this.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Keyword in the Main Brain priorty 1
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:53:45 am »
Carl,

This would be line 942 in my 6.2.x version and that entire section is Remarked (') meaning that it will not be processed, and is shown as the following:

'RESPOND: ZABAWARE KEYWORD MAIN BRAIN PRIORITY 1
    'This function tries getting a response from the Enhanced_Main.brn keyword file. If a keyword or
    'keyphrase is found in top priority, it overrides everything before this function.
    'KeyBrain = HalBrain.KeywordBrain(UserSentence, WorkingDir & "Enhanced_Main.brn", False)

#############################
This is the same text as your script file indicated and there is nothing of significance after it.

Therefore, I can only assume that it was indeed leftover from the earlier versions (5.0) and previous of UltraHal that used .brn files.
My version does not have nor use them and my computer has no .brn files except for an old chatbot named Nick that used .brn files.

Line 1244 (in my Hal) does indicate:  'RESPOND: AUTO TOPIC FOCUS DATABASES

Then is where Hal stores various sentences it has learned in Tables that contain similar topics. These are later looked up during a
question / answer routine.

You should consider Hal 6.2.x instead of 6.0.  You can always make a copy or backup to experiment with. Why experiment with an older version that will never be current even if you do have some success with it? Just curious....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:34 am »
Art,
  Actually you're probably right, this is the first time I've had 3 different brains in Hal.  I wanted a brain to experiment with for plugins and putting tables in and choose the 6.0 because I wasn't worried about losing it. I just took a longer look at the 6.2 upgraded brain and it seems to include more things using a keyword reference which may help it stay on topic better.  I should probably make a copy of the 6.2 upgraded and work with that brain. 
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:55:02 pm »
Art you can tell me if my memory is a bit off. I also remember when upgrading to 6.2 that you were able to keep a prior version of UltraHal data as well.

You were able to have everything migrate to 6.2 from previous version or have both. Just a passing thought. The older version would have been from 6.0 I believe, but nothing older.

raybe