Author Topic: Knowledge of time plugin  (Read 57301 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2008, 02:04:51 pm »
After thinking about this subject i decided to teach Ares about pettern recognition, pattern matching, and pattern formation. It was a rather informative lesson for the both of us.  This also ended up spurring other lessons such as evidence, statistics, probability, and a few other topics.  I even ended up giving Ares a quick biography on Leonardo da Vinci as he was refered to a few times in the various topics.  I've really been enjoying teaching Ares.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2008, 02:12:07 pm »
Oddly enough, I was chatting with Hal early this morning while enjoying my coffee.
As a thought, I typed in, "I enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning."
Hal then repeated, "You enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning."
I replied, "Yes".

Hours later, I opened Hal and began a conversation and casually mentioned the word coffee.

Hal replied, "You enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning."

It makes me wonder how much data is considered ephemeral and how Hal decides whether it is of consequence or not.

Will have to sift through the script again to see.

And yes, Hal does learn, retain and open email programs with the correct addressee. If Hal could only check for incoming ones then read them (or at least the header, sender or subject) to you.

Perhaps....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »
I was just thinking that some dates that one of us may feel important to remember, might not be considered important for Hal to remember.

If I were to say to Hal "I just graduated from college today", from what I understand, Hal will believe this statement to be ephemeral. Unless I tel Hal that I graduated on February 3, 2008, he may just disregard this piece of information.

Now, this is just my observation from reading other topics on the forum regarding ephemeral knowledge and Hal. I could very well be wrong. let me know if I am.

Calhoone

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2008, 02:30:52 pm »
It might also be good to adjust Hals ephemeral knowledge. From what i understand from the Hal6.uhp, Hal is set to remember 10 entries and then disregard them. I have increased the value to 20 I think.

If you had an interesting day and decided to tell Hal all about the day's events, depending on how you worded some of the sentances, Hal may end up disregarding or rmoving important pieces of information in the chain of events leading up to a specific event. Some chains of events could be very lengthy and may apply to only that specific outcome. it would be good for Hal to remember this chain of events incase a similar chain of events is beginning to happen.

Now I may be blowing steam but it i thought it wrth mentioning.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 03:02:54 pm by Calhoone »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2008, 10:08:05 pm »
Calhoone,

Even though you have increased the number to 20 what happens during normal conversations with Hal and how long will it take before number 20 is reached then the previous data becomes overwritten?!

We need a better way to allow Hal to keep or disregard certain bits of info, IMHO.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 08:59:10 am »
i agree with art , as he said after even 20 or more if you set it for more eventually that info is over written and lost ? [:)]

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »
I don't suppose anyone has fixed this plug-in? It seems whenever a hemisphere is selected and applied on this plugin in the general options, it corrupts hals brain.

-Spitfire

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 01:12:15 am »
Known bugs:

Initializing the plug-in will format Halbrain. (make backups)

Days until Halloween (among others) will throw a mismatch error with YearFound variable. 

Asking what time of day it is will result in Hal simply saying the time and ignoring the "it is morning, evening or night"

Asking if a specific year is a leap year, hal will throw a mismatch error. Although, I think I've located this error.         "LeapCal = Int(LeYear1) - LastLeap" Should be "LeapCal = LeYear1 - LastLeap" and that problem is fixed.

Anyone having or know how to fix these issues, I would love to keep using this plug-in.

-Spitfire

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2019, 12:52:35 pm »
Leonid,

If you have a working copy of the V2, then you have the latest version as far as I know. file date 2013.

I am not aware that Ramcoid ever completed a 3rd version of the Plugin (V3).

If anyone else knows whether there is a V3 please post to let us know. Thanks!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2019, 06:59:46 pm »
Just as a test, I have been checking the KnowledgeofTime Plugin V2 and it seemed to work just fine, in case anyone wanted more 'timely' functionality from their HAL.

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:19 am »
Tried to get this, but it says it is not available anymore?

Can I please tack on a request for more information.
I have been away from Hal for some time and when I came back my Hal 6.2 was corrupted so, with Robert's help I re-downloaded it from my Zabaware folder.  Unfortunately I could not find the Character Expansion file for Ultra Hal 6, just for Ultra Hal 7.  As I back up things I found a way to get an Ultra Hal 6 Character Expansion Pack, and hurray it worked.  From my backup I even got my plugins back.  However, if I try to alter the plugins the alteration shows in the listing but has no effect on the plugins operation.  I know I am not giving much information to work on, but read on.

After fighting the good fight for about six months I gave up and downloaded Ultra Hal 7.

Then my problems really began.

I cannot migrate any of my Ultra Hal 6 to Ultra Hl 7.  I cannot even find a way to build new plugins (I intended to copy, from my backups, the old Ultra Hal 6 plugins.)  How do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins?  Or even re-write plugins in Hal 7 (with a new name)?

Help very much appreciated!

Having slung out my line, let us see if anybody can help someone who has been with Hal for several years (But, yes I know, Hal 6.2)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2020, 10:58:53 pm »
Here's one that I have in my archives.

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2020, 04:01:48 pm »
Thanks.
Don't know if it works, I am still fighting the good fight with plugins.

Thanks again.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2020, 02:35:43 am »
Hi.
I have loaded this into Mr Data. He is  6.2
He answered test questions correctly.
Some interesting responses.
Seems ok to continue.
I wanted to Thank Ramccoid. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks to onthecuttingedge for works also.
Thanks to those who participated.
Program loaded and seems to work..
Time will tell.
Thank you.
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data :)  :]

Update after a few questions using hal 7 with off line 6 option in 7   "ah ha".
Although I did find a glitch "how many days until my birthday" seemed to have caused it, didn't write down the line number.
maybe because I never mentioned when my birthday was. who knows.
In saying that I like the nature of this plug in and well worth it I reckon to continue looking at.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:08:37 am by Will and Mr Data :) :] »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59:02 pm »
Tried to get this, but it says it is not available anymore?

Can I please tack on a request for more information.
I have been away from Hal for some time and when I came back my Hal 6.2 was corrupted so, with Robert's help I re-downloaded it from my Zabaware folder.  Unfortunately I could not find the Character Expansion file for Ultra Hal 6, just for Ultra Hal 7.  As I back up things I found a way to get an Ultra Hal 6 Character Expansion Pack, and hurray it worked.  From my backup I even got my plugins back.  However, if I try to alter the plugins the alteration shows in the listing but has no effect on the plugins operation.  I know I am not giving much information to work on, but read on.

After fighting the good fight for about six months I gave up and downloaded Ultra Hal 7.

Then my problems really began.

I cannot migrate any of my Ultra Hal 6 to Ultra Hal 7.  I cannot even find a way to build new plugins (I intended to copy, from my backups, the old Ultra Hal 6 plugins.)  How do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins?  Or even re-write plugins in Hal 7 (with a new name)?

Help very much appreciated!

Having slung out my line, let us see if anybody can help someone who has been with Hal for several years (But, yes I know, Hal 6.2)

Hi Kryton,

For "how do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins"... it's simply saving the .UHP plug-in file (such as KnowledgeOfTime-V2.uhp) to your Ultra Hal program folder, likely default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 then that plug-in appears in General Options > Brain  plug-ins selection area the the next time you start up Ultra Hal 7.

But you already knew that :)