Author Topic: Remembering Names!!!  (Read 3272 times)

Andycogen

• View Profile
Remembering Names!!!
« on: March 18, 2004, 08:16:21 pm »
I need help on how to get Ultra Hal AIM Bot to remember people's real names.  Like, if they say "Call me Andy" for example, then Hal will remember that that users name is Andy.

If anyone know's how I can do this, it would be apreciated.  Also, if anyone knows code to warn someone, that would be appreciated also.

Thanks.
Andycogen

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Remembering Names!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 09:55:36 pm »
You didn't say if these were local user names or AIM user names you want Hal to remember. If it's local users, just set it in the options menu, where you set the Hal name. In the signon screen for the Hal AIM bot, there's an options button that will let you specify how Hal responds to warners, but it doesn't give you the option to warn others for bad language, etc. If the user names you mean are AIM users, I know Hal knows them by screen name. I'm not sure if you can get him to substitute other names for screen names when identifying them. Probably depends on his mood at the time, lol.

Maverick

• View Profile
Remembering Names!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 11:51:53 pm »
Be sure to check out vonsmith's XTF brain, It has the ability to remember nicknames.

vonsmith

• View Profile
Remembering Names!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 10:48:42 am »
All,
The XTF Brain can remember user specific nicknames if asked properly. Just as a reminder, after installing the XTF Brain v1.0 make certain to run the v1.2 update patch on top of that.

The v1.2 update patch still isn't listed on the Hal plug-in page after several weeks. Robert Medeksza, where art thou?

It saddens me to think of all the people running v1.0 without the patch. Over 760 people have downloaded the XTF Brain. I wonder how many know about the update patch?

=vonsmith=