Author Topic: ER1 and Hal  (Read 13196 times)

lau

• View Profile
ER1 and Hal
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 06:25:31 pm »
I must say that you're on to something here guys!
As I'm a guy with none programming experience what so ever, I can only back u up and hope that u someday post a manual on how to make this happen.
I am not a guy without any creative ideas though. As u can see on this forum, I've been very much involved in reading about the exact same things u are about to do in this thread.

Combining Ultrahal with Hal2000 from Home Automated Living http://www.automatedliving.com
Has been on my wishlist for quite some time now...

I propose that the development on Ultrahal goes in two but not seperate directions, and implements functions like control of house apliances and control of the complete ER1 hardware.
This, if done with the X10 standard, would be (easy) and could be used to control both functions.

If theres anything I can help with, just let me know... maybe I'm no expert on programming, but I have a lot of knowledge on homeautomation in general and a whole lot of ideas about it.

And Spydaz could u please explain a little more about how u made it possible for Hal to control X10 devices?
Except from the on, off, dimm functionality it must be possible to make a mode or event system ala Yourn'control/Hal2000 and so on!

I'm very much looking foreward to see the progress in this topic
Thomas

ps:Spydaz here's a fast link for ya! Maybe u already know about the organization but anyways - www.a-i.com - look under forums and se the debate... the programmers are very eager to give out information if u can contribute with something... After my own opinion this A.I. is the best "Brain" ever created... u can really feel the thing is alive and LEARNING!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:50:15 pm by lau »

lau

• View Profile
ER1 and Hal
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 06:45:33 pm »
Just a little quick idea...
I can't remember where, but I've once read about a product supporting wireless USB... could this be usefull in the creation of this socalled "houseserver"? That way you could make ER1 a mindless robot controled by the stationary computer without having to remotecontrol it through TCP/IP and wireless lan!
And the stationary could still be conected to all the household apliances and control them via the X10 protocol.
ER1 would then function as a kind of avatar of the house!

oh and by the way kaf... u can get an antenna for the Bluetooth reciver for your pc - that way the ER1 could go all the way for cigarets! (at least 100m.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:48:51 pm by lau »

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
ER1 and Hal
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 08:41:21 am »
Kendy is alive....!! I got my er1 up and running and look forward to the weekend where I can do some stuff with it.[:D]
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

kevinvr

• View Profile
ER1 and Hal
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 01:30:46 am »
ok , now kendyvr is alive and i got the following stuff working.  Desktop PC remotely controlling kendy through ASUS wireless lan.  kendy is my er1. I got an acer aspire 1200 which is 977 mhz cpu with 256 mb ram and 20gb hdd running windows xp and that is my laptop on the er1.  i got ultrahal running on it and the evolution robotics software running. so far so good. Everything is woking so far.  I will post a picture with this email.

regards
a happy kevin[:)]

kevinvr

• View Profile
ER1 and Hal
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 02:12:55 am »
OK, So Kendy is alive.
Now I'd like to know if I can use my desktop pc(remotely controlling kendy) to give command to the er1 using ultrahal.  eg I want to type in "turn left" in ultrahal and then the er1 should start the specific behaviors to turn left.  
How do I connect Ultrahal and er1?  I've read about the API telnet connection from kaf, but I don't want to spend anymore dollars[:)][:)]
Any advice or can someone direct me to a thread that will help?
Thanks and best regards
Kevin