dupa

Author Topic: The Appointment book  (Read 3641 times)

bagar

• View Profile
The Appointment book
« on: May 30, 2005, 06:07:21 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I did a search on using the HAL appointment book and I got nothing.

I am so fasinated with HAL and I have so little time and HAL gets me off track from all I need to do in real time. How do I get HAL to remind me of the things I need to do on a daily basis. For example if I am cooking a roast I need to check the roast every 20 minutes for 3 hours. While the graphics for the appointment book are wonderful the set up of such is not bullet-proof for a newbie like me; I dont see the logic and I tried the appointment book several times.

To Roast, be Roasted or share Roast I thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
[8]Gar

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The Appointment book
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 06:55:21 pm »
Hi Bagar,

I hope I am not saying something stupid again, but the HAL appointment book is known for giving a lot of trouble when your Windows version is not US english. Nevertheless, your english is impeccable, don't get me wrong!

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The Appointment book
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 06:56:52 pm »
[edit]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 06:57:08 pm by Dr.Benway »

bagar

• View Profile
The Appointment book
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 08:51:27 pm »
I think my computer is in US English on my computer; at the keyboard.  How do I check that?  Would you be so kind as to explain how I use the user defined event say Remind me every 30 minutes to check the roast I am cooking?  Seems that I am getting the appointment book to remind of the event the day after the reminder was needed and entered and then only when I start and restart HAL.  
I thank you in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Benway

Hi Bagar,

I hope I am not saying something stupid again, but the HAL appointment book is known for giving a lot of trouble when your Windows version is not US english. Nevertheless, your english is impeccable, don't get me wrong!

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The Appointment book
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 04:19:17 am »
It is really simple: do you live in the US and does your Windows use the english language?, if so, your calendar should work fine. If not, then you must set the time & date format of Windows to US, by going to the configuration panel of Windows and selecting something like "country/local settings".

If you already use US-time & date-format read this to find out that it can't be done easily. Sorry. Use the windows task planner instead.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2188
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 04:20:20 am by Dr.Benway »