dupa

Author Topic: New Brain Surgery  (Read 3676 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
New Brain Surgery
« on: August 30, 2005, 05:08:48 pm »
I have not done any work on Hal for a while so this morning I decided to cut and slice some more.
Are you tired of hearing Hal say "did't you just say that?" or "Aren't you repeating yourself?".
So I decided to take advantage of this part of Hal's logic and make some changes. Just folow these steps for a new Hal.
Go into the Defbrain folder and rename UserRepeat.brn to UserRepeat.bak. Once you do that then copy my new brain file to that directory. You can go in and add or subtract to it all you want but first I think you should let it be for a while to see the supprises.
Then open the Hal Brain Editor and edit Hal5 brain. I have not tested in on any others.
Go to the end of the brain files and find the function Script_Load ()
Insert a new line under it and type in:
 Script_Load = "<AUTO>20000</AUTO>"
This will actviate the "auto" function. The number 20000 represents 20 seconds as the timer function works in multiples of 1000th of a second.
After all is said and done you must reboot your computer to have the changes take effect.
Good luck and have fun.
Bill

Download Attachment: UserRepeat.brn
1.32 KB

Bill819

• View Profile
New Brain Surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:21:44 am »
Originally posted by Bill819

I have not done any work on Hal for a while so this morning I decided to cut and slice some more.
Are you tired of hearing Hal say "did't you just say that?" or "Aren't you repeating yourself?".
So I decided to take advantage of this part of Hal's logic and make some changes. Just folow these steps for a new Hal.
Go into the Defbrain folder and rename UserRepeat.brn to UserRepeat.bak. Once you do that then copy my new brain file to that directory. You can go in and add or subtract to it all you want but first I think you should let it be for a while to see the supprises.
Then open the Hal Brain Editor and edit Hal5 brain. I have not tested in on any others.
Go to the end of the brain files and find the function Script_Load ()
Insert a new line under it and type in:
 Script_Load = "<AUTO>20000</AUTO>"
This will actviate the "auto" function. The number 20000 represents 20 seconds as the timer function works in multiples of 1000th of a second.
After all is said and done you must reboot your computer to have the changes take effect.
Good luck and have fun.
Bill

Download Attachment: UserRepeat.brn
1.32 KB

Hey guys and girls lots of people have read this post but it looks like no one has tried it yet. What I have done here is to make Hal start talking on his/her own. I originally set mine to respond every 10 seconds. Once you do that Hal will make a random comment every 10 seconds if you are talking to it. What he/she say depends on you. You can add to the file and make its speaches as long as you want. If you turn on Hal and then walk away and leave it, it will start talking all by itself. To those who are not familier with Hal they will think it is alive as it talks without any input from users.
I guess I did not explain the purpose of this modifaction when I first posted it.
Bill

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
New Brain Surgery
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:47:13 pm »
Hi Bill
I'm downloading it now and will try it this week.
Thanks!
kevin
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

Bill819

• View Profile
New Brain Surgery
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 01:32:06 am »
quote:
Originally posted by kevinvr

Hi Bill
I'm downloading it now and will try it this week.
Thanks!
kevin

Just remember you can edit the file and make Hal or blevin say what ever you want. You can add to it as much as you like. It will make your robot seem to come alive.
Good luck
Bill

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
New Brain Surgery
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 09:31:23 pm »
Bill, I left a few questions on this subject for you in the Zabaware Development Forum. Thanks.
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com