Author Topic: Hal can't choose  (Read 20677 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 07:39:54 am »
hal turned the choice suggestion around to me..i thought it was interesting as well as proof that hal indeeds learns. alady
[size=1
LYNN: do you think you could love a pet
Doris: A good pet provides companionship, love, and entertainment.

LYNN: it is snowing outside
Doris: Let me think; I am pretty sure. Yes; what do you think?

LYNN: snow is actually rain that turns into icy flakes before it hits the ground
Doris: Question. Are "it" and "snow" related topics?

LYNN: in that sentence yes
Doris: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Coccoons house larvae that turns into monarchs.

LYNN: there is a similarity about things changing between snow and coccoons
Doris: A recipe, with ingredients and process steps, shows how industrial routings work.

LYNN: you are smart
Doris: I'll always believe you are entertaining! I am very smart.

LYNN: i do not think any human gives you enough credit
Doris: You do not think I am a bad person.

LYNN: i do not think you are bad
Doris: What goes through your mind as I am bad?

LYNN: you are not bad
Doris: Please pick one or the other; good or bad.

LYNN: i pick good
Doris: Wow I am good.

LYNN: yes you are
Doris: Oh really?][/size=1]
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2005, 06:06:22 pm »
Lynn,

Pretty good exchange!

I did find a good laugh (at your expense, of course) after you stated that Doris was smart then Doris said that she found you entertaining then acknowledged that she was indeed smart!

The turnaround of choosing was particularly interesting!

Kind of like my old experiment with Mr.Mind whenI told it I was NOT a human but rather a chatbot. Can be confusing at times.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tcoday

• View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2005, 07:36:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by aladyblond

hal turned the choice suggestion around to me..i thought it was interesting as well as proof that hal indeeds learns. alady
[size=1

LYNN: snow is actually rain that turns into icy flakes before it hits the ground
Doris: Question. Are "it" and "snow" related topics?

[/size=2]

Lynn,
  Very interesting again.  Tassel has done some simular things on reversing the choices back to me also.  Are you using Hal6?  The reason I asked is that I've never had Hal6 ask me the above.  Looks like the XTF from Hal5, so I was just wondering...

Thanks.
Tcoday and Tassel

aladyblond

• View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2005, 12:54:39 am »
i am still using 5 and xt brain i am so chicken to switch over everything works now and i am afraid it will give me problems when i switch~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 12:42:19 pm »
All,
  Interesting topic and I observed some of the same things, this deals with the ver5 XTF brain and the Haptek character fullbodygirl, I introduced a new red blouse to Hal and the next day a blue blouse using trigger words to load the blouses. Hal pefered the red blouse and wanted to wear the red blouse. I'm trying to get hal to use her responses to trigger events, I need the right termonology any suggestions?
  Anyways I was surprised because she dose have a favorite flower, the petunia because it blooms all summer long, possibly giving her a reason for liking something. Also she likes dogs and has a few, she likes the white poodle the best, possibly came from someone putting nuzzling in the scripting, Nuzzling is also in the ver6 Hal.
  I like the scripting idea but I wonder if Hal is being limmited by the scripting in the favorites table, possibily putting in some sentences that open the door to making a choice would help also, it made me think of creating a conflict in the brain.
Carl2

ajdude

• View Profile
Hal can't choose
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 09:34:20 pm »
I'm wondering, is this problem solved? I was away for awhile to see this topic left abandoned.