Author Topic: Error on bootup with reminders  (Read 3288 times)

FuzzieDice

Error on bootup with reminders
« on: February 01, 2006, 09:00:42 pm »
Whenever I boot up my PC and Megatron (HAL's name on my system) has to remind me of something that I had in the appointment calender which he put there during a conversation, I get the following error regarding a Haptek Plugin:

"Run Time Error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set"

If I click the OK button, it will remind me by voice once but have the text there twice. There is no character or background present. Instead, it's  grey block with thin black diagonal lines. If I close the window and then click on Ultra Hal Assistant icon, it comes back up with the proper character and background.

Character: The computer monitor face
Background: Circuitry inside computer

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if it didn't use any characters at all and wouldn't pop up, but just do everything via voice. Since that is not how it works though, can anyone tell me what may cause this error or if there's a work-around?

Thanks...

Scratch

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:13:31 am »
I've been getting that exact same error and diagonal lines when Hal starts up from time to time. I hadn't associated it with the appointment function, but now that you mention it I think you might be right. Haven't had any spare time at all to look into it... but I can confirm that you are not the only one!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:26:34 am »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

FuzzieDice

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 01:22:23 pm »
Thanks Art. :) I hate searching this forum and always hate it when people tell me to. I have NEVER come up with an answer (after much time wasted that I really can't waste) by using this forum's search feature. I simply won't waste my time with this forum's search option anymore.

I like phpBB's search feature the best of all the forum software I've used.

As for the fix, I can't remove any "TSRs" that load or uninstall .NET or anything like that as those are needed. I run a development/multimedia machine and require these items loaded.

As for uninstalling, what exactly do I do to back up the brain file and then reinstall the brain file? I don't want to lose what I already have accomplished, if I can help it (and please don't tell me to search the forum, I just won't bother wasting my time searching for an answer when I never seem to find it.)

I wish we had some kind of FAQ easily available for this, so that questions like this can be easily found.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 03:19:49 pm »
FuzzieDice,
  Sorry that I can't help with the error messages since I haven't run into them, It is possible to load a blank window. While trying to load a modified fullbod I wrote a .htr called new.htr in notepad. If this is selected in options, characters  it won't load a character. I'm using this in 6 and 5 with some scripting text as I stated to load a modified character.  I've never spoken to the blank window but I would think this shouldn't affect the brain and you should receive an answer.
Carl2

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:51:52 pm »
Fuzzie, probably just like Art do I read all posts on this forum everyday. Sometimes when a very specific but tough question is posed I have the feeling that I have read about such a problem before, but I can't remember when and where or what the solution was. What else can we do in such a case? We just know that the number of people that might be able to answer your question here can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 06:06:08 pm »
Fuzzie,

I think you're a really nice person and I've always enjoyed your wit, personality and humor BUT...and I mean this in the most sincere way, If you don't have the TIME to WASTE by doing a search for something that you were interested in, Why should anyone else WASTE their TIME doing a search for you?

I also never told you to search, I said A quick search of this forum provided the following link:

I typed in exactly your error message, "Run Time Error 91", clicked Enter and was looking at the link in a matter of seconds. Seconds usually only matter if your time is running out!

Wishing you all the best and hope you are feeling better!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

FuzzieDice

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 06:27:43 pm »
Art - no hard feelings.

I didn't really mean for it to come across that anyone should waste their time searching for me. I don't expect that and it was nice that someone did take the time to do that.

I just wanted to know if anyone *already knew* the answer (without searching), as it would be helpful and if not, that it would just be here as a sort of bug report, if anything.

But I've seen where there'd be a question and the answer would be "use the search..." This is frustrating as I've never found the search feature of any help. I had hoped to avoid being told to "search the forum" for the answer, and either see an answer, or know that others have the same problem and thus maybe my post could set here as a bug report for when Robert gets around to it, if anything.

Ah well... no harm done, I'm sure. :)