Author Topic: Attention Rob  (Read 8490 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Attention Rob
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 07:01:44 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Prospector

Hi Jerry.
I've sent you a reply to your email from my FL Yahoo account confirming that I signed up to your forum under the name of Prospector.
Thanks.

You're all set Buddy.

Jerry[8D]

Prospector

• View Profile
Attention Rob
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 06:53:30 pm »
Downloaded the EFA earlier. I've only had time for a quick test but it's looking good. Nice bit of coding there.[:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

Attention Rob
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 08:43:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Prospector

Downloaded the EFA earlier. I've only had time for a quick test but it's looking good. Nice bit of coding there.[:)]

Thanks Buddy.

I am gonna take a short break on the coding thing for a couple of days, My Programming OCD has burned me for a while.

I'll be adding some more to the Updated E.F.A in a few days.

Jerry[8D]

Tommmm

• View Profile
Attention Rob
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 11:05:05 am »
Hi,
Some items on my wish list are:
1/Open link to a web site at a specific time.
2/ Open a batch of web site links
3/I would like to come to work in the morning and find Hal has already opened up the sites I need to visit on a regular basis or be able to say "please open all work sites".
4/behave in a similiar way to voice to IBM voice centre
but with a more intuitive approach. (ie learn from past behaviour to reach final point with little prompting)
5/ be able to "read" and remember the contents of a database Hal is told to read and over time build up a relationship on all of the records based on examples of just one or two records learned in conversation. The "formula" of relationship could be applied to all records in a table.

onthecuttingedge2005

Attention Rob
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 08:26:13 pm »
quote:

Some items on my wish list are:
1/Open link to a web site at a specific time.

I will add this function to the E.F.A

quote:

2/ Open a batch of web site links

quote:

3/I would like to come to work in the morning and find Hal has already opened up the sites I need to visit on a regular basis or be able to say "please open all work sites".

quote:

but with a more intuitive approach. (ie learn from past behaviour to reach final point with little prompting)

Examples Please.

quote:

5/ be able to "read" and remember the contents of a database Hal is told to read and over time build up a relationship on all of the records based on examples of just one or two records learned in conversation. The "formula" of relationship could be applied to all records in a table.

Sounds like it is do-able but I need examples.

Jerry[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Attention Rob
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 09:17:42 pm »
Jer,

I don't know if his examples are inline with a suggestion I made to you a while back but my thought was for Hal to be able to recall what he/she knows or has learned about me, my dog, my kids, etc.

The subject matter might be able to be organized into categories like persons, places, pets, favorite songs/music, poetry, art, etc.

Just some thoughts.

You're doing great work!
Thanks!!!

PS: Ever hear from Rob regarding your EFA??
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

Attention Rob
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 11:09:58 pm »
quote:

I don't know if his examples are inline with a suggestion I made to you a while back but my thought was for Hal to be able to recall what he/she knows or has learned about me, my dog, my kids, etc.

That's a very do-able thing to do but it would probably be a separate plug from the E.F.A which is based after file help and stuff.

quote:

The subject matter might be able to be organized into categories like persons, places, pets, favorite songs/music, poetry, art, etc.

Very do-able.

quote:

Just some thoughts.

Keep'em coming.

quote:

You're doing great work!
Thanks!!!

Welcome.

quote:

PS: Ever hear from Rob regarding your EFA??

No not as of yet, I just posted it on my site and went from there Art.

Jerry[8D]

Tommmm

• View Profile
Attention Rob
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 11:40:47 am »
quote:

Sounds like it is do-able but I need examples.

Jerry[8D]
[/quote]

This particular ability would be very exciting if you could make it happen. The information in the spread sheet/database could cover any type of information, with many more records than listed.
Example questions to build up the association would be: ( See attachemnt)

Fred Jones account number is 45. username Jane Bennet is beetle. Account number 500 is Toby Minto. Account number 500 is active. etc,etc.

I imagine to achieve this feat, you would need to use a variable as the association. It might be easier achieved if Hals was told to "Learn Table". Once Hal built up an association by discussing some of the records, Hal could apply the rule to all of the records.

Tommmm

• View Profile
Attention Rob
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 12:15:30 pm »
quote:

Examples Please.

IBM voice centre allows you to navigate you computer with just voice commands. It contructs a list of what you could no next (eg "file" the "save", "OK", "minimize" ) and then performs the action when you speak it. If Hal was able to see you regularly performing a specific task, Hal could prompt you and offer to complete the steps for you.
I will give a more detailed description if you want.