dupa

Author Topic: Another question:  (Read 3077 times)

Xodarap

• View Profile
Another question:
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:27:34 pm »
Is there a way to implement a correction such that Hal will not repeat something if I ask him not to?
For example, he got stuck in his head "Say something about snakes." (I was using that to test my "general knowledge" db.)  How could I get him to respond appropriately to "Don't say that again," or, "Please don't say 'Say something about snakes'"?
The line below is true
The line above is false

Xodarap

• View Profile
Another question:
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:04:11 pm »
Ooo, and another!  :)

Is it possible to assign Hal to say something random?  Is there a function that will call up randomly any line he has recorded?  Or any line from a QA/brn file?

Like I said, a function that *adds* randomness would be ideal!  Something that increases his tolerance for irrelevancy by a set amount/proportion...  Otherwise, pure randomness could be fun with the right setup!  :)
The line below is true
The line above is false

Xodarap

• View Profile
Another question:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:50:02 pm »
They just keep popping up...

Where can I find (and edit) the lists of salutations, insults, compliments, and other pre-set lists that get triggered by similar set interactions?  I saw the list of triggers in the main UHP, but I'm wondering where the lists of responses are held.  I really want to make him some new insults!  And jokes!  :D
The line below is true
The line above is false

onthecuttingedge2005

Another question:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 07:57:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Xodarap

They just keep popping up...

Where can I find (and edit) the lists of salutations, insults, compliments, and other pre-set lists that get triggered by similar set interactions?  I saw the list of triggers in the main UHP, but I'm wondering where the lists of responses are held.  I really want to make him some new insults!  And jokes!  :D

Hi Xodarap.

You can open your brain with the HAL brain editor and find tables like
this, since we know 'salutations is a greeting we would want to look a for a greeting table in the brain.

If you type:

"helloDetect"
"helloDisqualify"
"hello1"
"hello2"

in the brain then it will show up like a blue hyperlink that when clicked on will take you to that table for editing.

Jerry[8D]

Xodarap

• View Profile
Another question:
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:17:13 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Xodarap

Ooo, and another!  :)

Is it possible to assign Hal to say something random?  Is there a function that will call up randomly any line he has recorded?  Or any line from a QA/brn file?

Like I said, a function that *adds* randomness would be ideal!  Something that increases his tolerance for irrelevancy by a set amount/proportion...  Otherwise, pure randomness could be fun with the right setup!  :)

Neat, I found the first.  I'm not at my computer now, but it was something that pulls a random sentence from a table or file (I found it in use in the Jokes function).  I can now get him to give me random quotes or random song lyrics, which rocks!  :)

I still would like something to increase his tolerance for irrelevancy, so that when he has 25 different responses that COULD be triggered by a certain input, he doesn't always say the same one (unless it's intentionally triggered by a script).  As it stands, I'm slowly writing enough scripts with random cases to cover almost everything I would say :P
The line below is true
The line above is false