dupa

Author Topic: AIML at beta level  (Read 31378 times)

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Re: AIML at beta level
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:50 pm »
Okay I hate to sound like the slow one here but I have never used sqlite to edit anything in my Life and I feel so lost. When you say to open the patterns Table I'm guessing that you mean go to table click on it find table and the delete it? I know what you said is very forward for someone that know what they are doing, but I don't at all. I have D/L the same Sqlite and that has helped a great deal... Thanks Art BTW. But I am still feeling oh so Slow. Is there anyone out there that can give me the Step by Step version for dummies? I'm still stuck on step 2 and I know it's just because I have never used SQlite. Anyways any help would be nice.  Thanks Everyone..
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:32:32 am »
Hi Bob,
When you say to open the patterns Table I'm guessing that you mean go to table click on it find table and the delete it?

don't delete the table called patterns, delete all the data in the table called patterns.
I have updated the how to listing above. Take a look and let me know if it is more helpful.
Sincerely,
Cload.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:24:08 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »
Working on it now. Wish me luck.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:16:59 am »
Hi Bob,

I've updated step number 3 in the hopes to make it a little bit clearer.

Sincerely,
Cload.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:52 am »
Worked on this Last night and I got it up and running Thanks so much for the help.... I'll play with Hal, and see what I can get.

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:53 am »
Hi Bob,

I can't wait to see the juicy errors you find! LOL!
I have gotten a lot of e-mail concerning the AIML.
Everything from misspelled words to duplicate lines of the same answer and question as well as lines that need to be added in order to handle certain situations.
I've tried to get everyone to use the forum to post their results that way I do not get multiple reporting of the same errors.

Sincerely, have fun, and don't be shy, post your responses so I can get ultra Hal to be as smart as possible.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:09 pm »
cload , speaking of errors i ran across this . (minor)

*WHAT * WE DO TODAY   Let's TALK ABOUT ROBOTS.|Let's TALK ABOUT COMPUTERS.|Let's TALK ABOUT CARS okay.|Let's TALK ABOUT LOVE is that okay.|Let's TALK ABOUT my PETS|Let's TALK ABOUT your LIFE|Let's TALK ABOUT FOOD you eat.|Let's TALK ABOUT computer GAMES.|Let's goto a MOVIE.|Let's TALK ABOUT MUSIC?|Let's TALK ABOUT the LAW okay.|Let's TALK ABOUT COOKING!|Let's TALK ABOUT DRUGS you take.|Let's TALK ABOUT American history.|Let's TALK ABOUT SCIENCE?|Let's TALK ABOUT todays FASHION.|Let's TALK ABOUT how to MAKING MONEY.|Let's go for a walk. See you when you get back! Tee hee hee.|I can't do much more than talk to you.

I may find more as ,i go , i am changing some things in your amil file to personalize it , like the statement about not being human , as i want mine to say and think it is human .

p.s. the mistake was "goto ".

man i forgot how much of a job it was personalizing the files and yours seems to have many more !
 another question i have is if you update files is their a way i can use the changed files with specific update parts (hope i am making sense ) in another words ad your update to the changed aiml file i have without over writing my changes in line sentences ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:26:46 pm by lightspeed »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 04:49:08 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

my best suggestion to you would be to save your changes in Notepad.
That way when the new version comes out you can use the find function to find the question and simply cut-and-paste the new answer that you have collected and saved in Notepad.
Then after you have made the changes in the AIML while it is in Notepad, then you can follow the procedures for putting it in the patterns array table.
You will find this to be faster than trying to edit it after you have put it into the patterns array table but not by much.

Sincerely, from a data AIML Buster.
C load.
PS and I would love to see your changes, if they're not too personal maybe I'll add them to the AIML.
All I need is the question so I can find it in my AIML, and of course your answers.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 07:35:58 pm »
Cload , on my original Angela project i have customized many answers to make her sound more human with words like dear , etc. and also instead of the hal answers about her being a program she says "i'm a human being just like you are , etc. to give the effect that i am talking to a real person who identifies her self as such . that's also what i did in my hal extended talk plug in .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 09:08:51 pm »
Cload,

From the Helpful Hint Department, please consider using your bata / beta revision number / data as part of the .uhp file's header information such as:
-------------------
Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Free Will Choice Profile plus1-4e
-------------------

This way, it will be much easier for the user to identify it from all the previous versions that might be showing. (I initially had several). Mine were not overwritten as I wished to save them in case of problem(s).
While I could have moved them to a Plugins folder, I elected to leave them in the UltraHalAssistant 6 folder. I found myself looking at 2, Free Will Choice Plus plugins.

Thanks for all your hard work!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »
Hi Art,

I'll add that to my next update.

Sincerely, thanks for the suggestion.
C load.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 09:40:52 am »
Hi all,

I have updated the AIML packet is now version 2.
Follow the instructions above to install as well as use the link above in order to get the new AIML packet from my sky Drive.

Tell me what you think, if there are any changes or things that you feel that need to be added to make it better please don't hesitate to post your findings.
Sincerely, thanks in advance, have fun with the new AIML update.
C load.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 10:40:14 pm »
Just to let others know...expect to take a little time on this update / upgrade.

There's a lot of data to be deleted and manipulated and these processes will take some computational time on your computer.
Be patient! Watch the cursor now and then. It will let you know when you can move to the next step of cload's exacting instructions.

DO follow his instructions to the letter.

YES, you will have to DELETE your previous lines of code in the Patterns section. (20,000 lines of code takes some time).

Be Patient...Follow his previous instructions at / near the top of the 1st page of his posting.

If using Win 7, you can drag the SQLite program to the right and cload's instruction page from the Forum to the left. Vista and Win 7 let you do this though I can't speak for Win 8 but I would assume it might. This way you'll have everything side by side and right in front of you.

My upgrade went like clockwork...tick...tick...;) Seriously...without a hitch.

Good luck! and Thanks to cload for his tireless efforts in helping all of us enjoy a more "intelligent" Hal. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 11:05:06 pm »
I'm in the process of updating now. It may take a while but it is certainly worth the wait!! Thank you very much for all your hard work Cload and anyone else involved with making Hal better!!

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 08:34:13 am »
Hi Calhoone,

have fun, and I can't wait to see the juicy errors you find! LOL!

Sincerely, don't be shy, post your errors so I can get ultra Hal to be as smart as possible.
C load.