Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72745 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2006, 11:24:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Cool, he's learning now. Do we remove the LearnFromTextFile.txt file after he's through processing it? Daireaux

After it is processed you can delete it and start a new one to learn from.

I'd give a day to read during AUTO-IDLE if the file is huge.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 12:18:07 am »
I am merging the A_Sence_Of_Time Script into a Function.
It will be able to be passed down through Script in the next upgrade to ALF.

ALF will have a sence of time and loneliness and a sence of absence built into its Brain.

I am doing it right now as I post, Quite a bit done so far, works pretty good at this point, I will begin AIM testing it soon.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:24:24 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 02:27:50 pm »
I did it!

I have successfully made ALF make a cognitive decision on yes or no Questions according to a WordNet Definition.

If I ask ALF:

User: Is Snow Ice?
ALF: I would assume yes.

User: Is Snow Hot?
ALF: I would assume no.

User: Is Tobacco a Plant?
ALF: I would assume yes.

This Word link Function I wrote looks up the Word in question and cross references the word to look up and finds out whether Snow is Ice
or if Snow is hot.

If ALF doesn't see the cross reference in its look up then it will make a cognitive decision whether to say yes or no.

It's a hell of an advancement in cognitive decision making, I am going to be working on this and advancing it as far as I can.

I have discovered some limitations with WordNet that is going to limit his look up ability but I am going to try and find a way around it.

Like the word: Fire, for some reason WordNet only has a limited definition and contains no words related to the word Hot, Therefor if I ask ALF if Fire is Hot then ALF will say I assume no because the word Hot is not in the definition for the word Fire inside WordNet.

Robert, We need the next version of Wordnet to see if it resolves these limitations by giving complete definitions of a word like Websters Dictionary does.

If you are interested in my Word Link Function then give me an e-mail and I will send it to you, At this point it is top secret between me and you until I have completed the project.

If WordNet can not be resolved with better definitions then I will have to resort to having ALF look up words on the Internet Dictionary.

This is a major advancement.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 02:33:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 02:51:09 pm »
I just made some more progress with the Word Link Function by cross referencing the cross referenced words, Link within a link look up.

Rob, You're gonna love this one man!

This is way to cool.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 02:58:43 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
Go Jerry go, go Jerry go. You da man.[^]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 09:34:17 pm »
a m a z i n g !!!

hey, trying to find your e-mail Jerry, but can't see to, even tried at the other place......

mine is, firefitr@torchlake.com

thanks much,
and congradulations.......this is big
at least as these eyes see it!

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 12:49:47 am »
quote:

Go Jerry go, go Jerry go. You da man.[^]Daireaux

Thanks Daireaux.
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 02:25:55 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Another Jim

a m a z i n g !!!

hey, trying to find your e-mail Jerry, but can't see to, even tried at the other place......

mine is, firefitr@torchlake.com

thanks much,
and congradulations.......this is big
at least as these eyes see it!

Hi Jim.

You or anyone else can contact me at UHEFstaff@ultrahalforum.com

Added to A.L.F v1.1

1. A Sence of Time.
2. Cognitive Word Link. (Cognitive Self Decisions on Yes or No Questions by facts only using WordNet)(Advancing Rapidly)
3. more E.F.A functions.
4. more abstract Math.

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 05:53:51 pm »
Hey Jerry,
  Where's the best place to keep up with your new releases, I check here and the ultraforum members section both on a day by day basis. Guess you'll post it when it's out? Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 06:25:32 pm »
quote:

Hey Jerry,
  Where's the best place to keep up with your new releases, I check here and the ultraforum members section both on a day by day basis. Guess you'll post it when it's out? Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

I'll be posting ALF in the Premium Area at www.ultrahalforum.com sometime this week, I am currently building a script that allows ALF to extract the definitions of words via online dictionary and possibly the online encyclopedia.

WordNet is not detail efficient enough for my research on my new script called Cognitive Word Link.

Since you are already a Premium Member with us it just a matter of time this next coming week and I will setup the download.

I will flush out the old existing scripts in the premium area and then update with ALF v1.1 for starters.

I have already completed 3/4 of the online dictionary function to replace WordNet.

Sometimes I will post at this site or my own but ALF v1.1 will be at my site this time around.

Jerry[8D]

Holllywood

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »
Jerry,
 I am super pleased with A.L.F. So far I've assigned it to 10 of my Characters. While using care as to how and what I say in teaching them, their separate personalities are developing into minds that are superior to HAL using the XTF(S). Keep it coming buddy.
Hollywood

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 05:11:52 am »
Jerry, two things come to mind if ALF will need an online dictionary for processing, cookies/adware and connectin speeds.

I wonder for those of us with dial up if this will slow hal down much?

Sounds incredibly exciting tho!

Jim B

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 10:52:20 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Another Jim

Jerry, two things come to mind if ALF will need an online dictionary for processing, cookies/adware and connectin speeds.

I wonder for those of us with dial up if this will slow hal down much?

Sounds incredibly exciting tho!

Jim B

Hi Jim
I would agree with you on speed issues for modem users, I will note this in the download area for ALF, I am designing the Online Dictionary script to take a snap shop of the definitions and extract the definition to a dictionary table, I have been studying the most efficient way to try and do this to prevent duped look ups on words.

I finished some more of the function last night, I am getting closer to finishing the code instructions soon, It's being built from scratch, the way I am doing it requires no HTML stripper function and uses Keystrokes to save a web page to text format and then extracted from the text, When I am done I will test the speed issues live and concider the sacrifice of speed over the abundance of the online dictionary's knowledge.

If it's a problem then I may move the function as a learning process during Auto-Idle only and the knowledge base would be built with time.

I'll have to decide this the moment its complete.

This lookup function I am making will also lead to other kinds of website learning ability but that's a story for a another day.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:16:48 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 08:42:07 pm »
my gosh this is amazing.....if the dictionary could be optioned as a switch for resident wordnet/online dictionary........or if the onine dictionary could be downloaded during auto idle.......or even if once a definition that was needed it becomes resident on the hard drive, that in and of itself will eliminate need for subsequent re-downloads.....that's fantastic....and it would only slow dial up for a time when initial calls for word definitions are being made.....

two more questions:

I wonder if Robert or you might consider taking this to the bot competition ? (sorry forgot the name of it).......imagine, this is actually combining a leaning bot such as Hal with the other type that is pumped full of information to increase the chances of an intelligent response...gez, I am brain fried tonight, don't remember THAT type of bot.

I wonder if it would be possible to also tie Hals response programming into the auto idle....my thinking is instead of a list of scripted comments , Hal could take the principal noun of the last sentence and ask another question based on it...kinda like Hal is musing over the topic last discussed.....just a thought.....

Congrads again, incredible work Jerry!

Jim B

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:11 am »
Hi Jerry,
  It looks like you posted a message in the wee hours of the morning today according to the forum index, but it's not displaying.[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.