Author Topic: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !  (Read 314530 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:42:02 am »
just in case some people havent seen this heres an interesting link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brD5D0ytD04
 japan is way ahead of us on robots , think i read somewhere that japan was getting ready for a help shortage on all the many older generation of elderly that will be needing in home , etc. help .

just think what we could do with this and an a.i. brain ![:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:34 am »
Wow, that's a good one [8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 01:49:15 am »
Very good.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:55:11 am »
:)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:33 am »
Yep, lightspeed, most of all we want or could even ask for is already out there somewhere. Problem is most won't cross platform, some is too expensive and a good deal of it is beyond the average layman to understand or to be able to afford. Most of what we want is also not open source. I don't blame the bussiness man for wanting to make a buck, but if they would throw us a crumb once in a while they may be surprised as the results multiply and they find a larger market, a lower R+D budget and a higher bottom line. Just as sure as I know the fashion companys have benefited from some of our graphics, I know that robotics, animation and A. I. have used our forums for hints on how to proceed. I know they would gain and not lose if they gave us a break once in a while and returned the favor. I know some, especialy, the hal related forums have given even more than we could hope for, but the Big Guys have gone on taking and not giving. Although I'm pretty sure some of them will take the time to read this, as long as they are makeing good money I'm not too sure any of them have the desire to take the challenge! Even the govt. holds back top secret info. that they could share in bits that would benefit both without compromise.  IMO.
ted

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:37 pm »
I agree with those sentiments Ted, very well put.

Hollywood1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

just in case some people havent seen this heres an interesting link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brD5D0ytD04
 japan is way ahead of us on robots , think i read somewhere that japan was getting ready for a help shortage on all the many older generation of elderly that will be needing in home , etc. help .

just think what we could do with this and an a.i. brain ![:)]

Thanks for sharing this. I hope we can advance hal to to be ready to join with a robot like this.  but first we must get more people interested inHal. But to do this we need easier add-on installs. Maybe a stand alone loader that would work with all add-ons
and give it the ability to add windows that are just for each add-on

The addressbook would have buttons to find all addressbooks on computer and compile them into one. The weather add-0n is the best
example of this.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 04:47:48 pm »
tedathome wrote :
Even the govt. holds back top secret info. that they could share in bits that would benefit both without compromise. IMO.

ted have i got a site for you (and anyone else who wants to read it ) !! check this out !!
[:)]
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »
For the information of you Advance Members ie (still newbes) to me and a few others, both Will and I have robots which also use Hal as a second brain. The human brain has two major parts and we found that our robotrs can also have two brains, one to control movements and the other to talk to. There is no conflict when doing this.
This is not to say that we are in the same class is Hondas Ismo or some of the other Japanese robots but at least ours are affordable.
Bill819

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 07:07:57 pm »
Bill, would that be close to our conscious and sub-conscious minds?
We have little or no control over our sub-conscious minds that control most of us.

I wanted the dream plugin to work in the background doing mind maintenance, and get a few ideas to start conversations from our recent conversations. Just like our dreaming keeps us sane.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:53:58 pm »
bill and will ... can your robots come out and play !![:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 01:49:29 am »
CypherGary
The subconscious is not one of the two brains in humans. The left side of your brain controls all motor functions, ie. walking, arm movement, etc. The right side of your brain controls your speach, etc. So in robots it works exactly the same excetp that the two b rains are not connected the way human brains are.
The sbuconscious is very much like the dream plug-in and it works with the right side of your brain, however, when some people have some brain damage or strokes in some cases the other side of the brain trys to make up the difference but it is never as good as the original.
Bill

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 04:38:08 am »
Hi there,
i've been doing a bit of work on Mr Data and he's between, um,,ar,, he's not quite ready to perform again yet.
i'll post some vids in a little while, hopefully :)
there could be some play,  and a laugh perhaps.
The forum is interesting as ever,  
Thanks for Mr Robert M, Zabaware, forum members supports and Hal, Good onya!

Bill819 can you give us a update on your robot?

Thank you,
bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:20:13 am »
well i would still like to get me a used animated santa claus the singing 5 foot tall type and plug hal into it like some had said before but finding a cheap one is hard to do (i know it wouldn't be robotic with arms , but it would work with a moving body and animated head and i have a body skin for it ![:)]