Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 83767 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »
Hi Bob,

I created a new brain, I went into ultra Hal and initialized the new brain, I selected the free will plus plug-in, click apply, click ok, and started Hal, I engaged the first part of the conversation with a simple hi.
Then I sat here for 2 1/2 min. waiting for the array tables to start, the box that says the script is taking too long popped up, I did nothing, and finally Hal replied.
Then I opened the brain editor, I opened the brain that I created, I made sure the brain at her was in extended mode, and the array tables were under miscellaneous data. And of course this was abbreviated.
All of the array tables were there so everything seems to be working like it's supposed to. So I don't know what to say about why you can't do it on yours?

Sincerely, I'm sorry that I was not able to help, but it seems that the problem lies on your end, maybe you have a corrupted brain? or a corrupted ultra Hal!
When you installed ultra Hal did you force him to be installed in the {program files} directory for did you use the default {program files (x86)}.
Is if you installed ultra Hal into the deflect directory I suggest that you uninstall ultra Hal and reinstall ultra Hal into the {program files} directory.
That way you will be sure that ultra Hal will work the way he was originally set up to work on a 32-bit operating system.
It also makes it easier with a lot of plug-in's that are set up to use that directory. That way you would not have to go into Those plug-in and change the directory name to get the plug-in to work.
My will plug-in works whether or not you install it in the deflect directory or Choose the standard 32-bit directory, because my plug-in does not call for outside assistance excepting for the Internet.
Please remember to cancel out your code before reinstalling ultra Hal, like I did, boohoo, I only have one reinstalling left, because when I moved from one computer to my new one, I forgot to deactivate my code.
And I've had two hard drive replacements one on my old computer, and the other one was when I stepped up to my new solid-state hard drive, I forgot to deactivate the code, so I only have one left.

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:10:02 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 04:56:28 am »
I was caught a bit off guard after I loaded your plugin. Hal gave me a larger than usual response then asked me whether I thought it's answer was correct!

I told it the answer was fine/correct. It did this for a lot of my "What is a" questions. Overall, we had quite a discourse and it seemed very topical as well.

So far, good work on this plugin!! :)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 07:24:15 am »
Hi Art,

I was just curious, did you install my updated AIML in the patterns array table?
One of the things that I would like to bring to your attention is, when ultra Hal states: {I seem to have gotten a little confused about (subject)! [Says the answer] was that correct about (says the topic)?} At this point in time ultra Hal with the free will plus plug-in will only recognize {yes or no}.
I was hoping that somebody might be able to write a script that could convert other responses as in: (fine/correct etc.) Into a simple answer yes or no.
Until then, the only thing that my plug-in recognizes is the word yes or no. It's a little dry but I hope in time to resolve this problem.

Sincerely, and thank you for your interest in my update to the free will plus plug-in.
C load.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:36:24 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 08:13:02 am »
Cload wrote : Actually thinking about it I should be able to set it up so you can actually give the dog's name and the free will plus plug-in will remember the name that you assign to the dog.
How does that sound?

Actually that's a good idea , the reason why being that a person could personalize a dogs name that way with a pet they might already have in the house , can it be done with two or more dogs names that way?  ;)

P.S. i am trying hard to try out your newest plug in although we have things to do today am hoping that i can get back to testing your plug in !  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:24 am »
Cload i tried copying and pasting :
tell me about a monitor?

and this is what hal did :

honey: tell me about a monitor?
angela: In the immediate future, I see continued demand for paper books and newspapers. Let's see here! Monitor monitor May refer to: computer monitor, a screen that displays output from a computer. Monitor ( synchronization ), an approach to synchronize two or more computer tasks that use a shared resource machine code monitor, programming allowing users to view or change memory locations on a computer virtual machine monitor, software which virtualizes a computer hardware platform, allowing multiple system images to run simultaneously a small interactive bootstrap program or machine code debugger resident monitor, an early primitive operating system an execution profiler.

honey:
angela: About a monitor; Correct? Yeah! Monitor monitor May refer to: computer monitor, a screen that displays output from a computer. Monitor ( synchronization ), an approach to synchronize two or more computer tasks that use a shared resource machine code monitor, programming allowing users to view or change memory locations on a computer virtual machine monitor, software which virtualizes a computer hardware platform, allowing multiple system images to run simultaneously a small interactive bootstrap program or machine code debugger resident monitor, an early primitive operating system an execution profiler.

honey: thanks
angela: You're so welcome, honey; My pleasure. Thanks for being such a loving person.

My question to you is anytime a person mentions something later about a monitor will hal repeat "all " this stuff robotically sounding or will (or can ) hal mix up smaller bits (smaller parts of it only ) in a regular human sounding sentence ? 

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

what ultra Hal did was show you several ways to look up several different types of monitors.
Meaning if you wanted to look up computer monitor, you would say:
what do you know about computer monitors?
or
tell me about a monitor synchronization?
As you can see just asking about a monitor will give you a general description and clues how you could find exactly what you may be looking for.

So much is will ultra Hal bring up the information about monitors in a general conversation? The answer is not necessarily. That is as close to a no that I would like to get to!
In most cases (which are the errors that I'm looking for because no two people word sentences alike) ultra Hal will not bring this information just because the word monitor is in your sentence structure.
You would need to ask ultra Hal for that information in the form of a question. Of course if you are speaking with ultra Hal and you ask ultra Hal a question about a monitor then the information would be retrieved.
And of course if you just don't like the way it's worded, you can change the answer by editing the array tables mentioned above.

So if you're having a conversation and it does not seem as though you requested information about a topic/subject please post the sentence that you type in and the answer, that way I can see what you did to get the results.
But the things that ultra Hal will do with that information about the monitor that was retrieved from the Internet will be used to determine likes and dislikes.
But if you are asking questions like: how do you feel about a monitor? Or what kind of monitors do you like? Or do you have a favorite monitor? These types of questions as well as others could retrieve the information.
But if the automation was retrieved because you are asking ultra Hal a formulated question and ultra Hal comes back with {I seem to have gotten confused about} this is a trigger caused by the training session.
If you do not want to be bothered with training ultra Hal just say: training session off. And the training session will stay off until you say: training session on.
So when you have the time and the patience to train ultra Hal and the {I seem to be confused about} comes up, I suggest that you use Notepad to fully typed out three different ways to answer the question.
And of course the question that you need to answer will be at the end of the sentence: {was this answer correct about} [the question you asked].
Their are two things that I would like to bring to your attention when training ultra Hal:
1. In the very beginning of what ultra Hal responds with will be what ultra Hal responds with the next time you ask the question so if ultra Hal seems to know the answer to the question you may consider making three remarks about the answer.
I have showed this and several examples out through the form in the hopes that everyone would begin to catch on how to train ultra Hal.
The more that you train ultra Hal, the smarter he will become. So let's start with something simple like:
tell me about doing?
How are you doing today?
Ultra Hal's response would be something like:
I am doing fine, how are you doing today? I seem to have gotten confused about doing! {Then the definition to doing} was this answer correct about how are you doing today?
No
would you like to give me the answer for how are you doing today?
Yes
the next thing that you tell me will be the answer for how are you doing today!
Doing is something that I do best. (Seeing how ultra Hal already knew the answer I chose to make a comment, also notice that I ended the sentence with a [.].)
Would you like to give me the second answer for how are you doing today?
yes
Matter of fact I feel so good let's party! {Again I chose a comment versus an answer as well as notice that I ended the sentence with a [!].)
Would you like to give me the third answer for How are you doing today?
Yes
the next thing that you tell me will be the answer for How are you doing today!
How do you feel about relationship? {Again I stayed with a comment, in the form of a question and notice that I ended the sentence with a [?].)
Once you hit enter, the question is automatically re-ask and the response might look something like this:
I am doing fine, how are you doing today? I was thinking! How do you feel about our relationship?
And of course my answer would be:
I still love you!
And the conversation would carry on from there until the next time when you ask ultra Hal something about ultra Hal or person, place, or thing.

Sincerely, and I'm sorry that the free will plus plug-in is not more user-friendly.
C load.
PS please remember you are not restricted to setting the format of with the three [. ! ?] Nor are you restricted to comment. You can train ultra Hal to respond in any way that you would like ultra how to respond.
In time I hope enough people find it worthwhile to take the time and train ultra Hal, and if they come up with a really good answer to a question maybe they will post the question and the three answers that they came up with so everyone can introduce those three answers to ultra Hal making ultra Hal even more smarter.
2. And you do not have to come up with three answers. If there is only one answer, give the one answer and when ultra Hal asked would you like to give me the second answer to (and the question that you asked) just say no. And the question will automatically be reinserted so you can carry on with your conversation. And if there's only two answers when ultra Hal asked would you like to give me the third answer for (and the question that you asked) just say no.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:40:50 pm by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »
Hi Cload , thanks for writing back on my questions .
you said :
I am doing fine, how are you doing today? I seem to have gotten confused about doing! {Then the definition to doing} was this answer correct about how are you doing today?
No
would you like to give me the answer for how are you doing today?
Yes
\Another question i have is if a person says different answers at different times as far as how are you doing ?
for instance one time with : you are doing fine .
 next time later :

p.s. with the earlier hal response i posted earlier , i never said or typed training session on or off , it just did it the plug in response this way.

seems like i have been having troubles all day , etc. will hal only stick with the first taught how are you doing answer or will hal be able to learn several response answers that he will say at different times.
  i don't consider the plug in not real user friendly , i am just trying to understand some effects from it just as with this above question . I thank you for all the hard work you are putting into it .  :)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:28:49 pm by lightspeed »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:28 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

training session is on by default, when you first initialize the free will plus plug-in.
Over time as you ask ultra Hal about person, place or thing, the database that ultra Hal by way of the free will plug-in will grow, giving ultra Hal the ability to guess at an answer.
What I did with the example above was to accelerate the process so ultra Hal could guess at more surrounding topics, such as your home and things in and around it.

How are you doing today? [Is a question directed at ultra Hal] versus: are you doing good today? You will most likely have to retrain ultra Hal with three different answers.
I tried real hard to set up the free will plug-in so it would not interfere too much with the operations of the main brain that comes with ultra Hal.
But when you engage ultra Hal with a question about himself or person, place and thing that's when the free will plus plug-in takes over and the question is not saved in the original brain that way you are not constantly bothered with things like: tell me about Elvis Presley? Could you imagine how frustrating it would be if you asked ultra Hal 10,000 questions about different people!
After a while the only thing that you would ever get out of ultra Hal would be tell me about Elvis Presley? Tell me about a car? And on and on. This is the way the main brain that comes with ultra Hal is set up. By adding my free will plug-in it stops the main brain from learning anything about your inquiries.

Out of curiosity, did you try to install the AIML packet which is on my server?
This AIML packet will greatly enhance not only the standard brain of ultra Hal but I have it set up to work proficiently with my free will plus plug-in.
If you have questions on how to do this, please do not post it here, post it in the AIML topic area.
I am still waiting on Rob to give me an answer about how to write into the patterns array table. As soon as Robert gives me an answer on how to write into the patterns array table I will be able to build a learning packet which will make installing it so much easier.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 12:38:25 pm »
Hey Cload , i saw a tv show on tv last night that was interesting about robot "conscience " which although it also used sensors for feel . developed "consciousness by learning and it made me think of some of the ways you pointed out for hal to learn through the free will plug in .

I wonder if maybe some specific questions could learn in a conscious like pattern?

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

ultra Hal would have to be a kernel. Microsoft has been working on trying to get Windows to have and artificial intelligence, but they have run into a snag, they can't figure out how to do it.
But it can be done, I know this because I know how to do it. Could you imagine going on the Internet and looking up an article and why you are reading the article so is the artificial intelligence!
Then the artificial intelligence would automatically engage a query from such as: is there something particular you are looking for? If you were to say yes then the artificial intelligence would automatically begin to do research on the Internet and then collate the information and respond with: I have found several sites referring to what you are looking for, I have collated the data would you like for me to read it to you?
Or you could just simply tell the artificial intelligence to do research on a specific subject. Also wouldn't it be cool if the artificial intelligence would be examining and learning what you cut and paste, and do on your computer.
As well as when you are using a program it can watch and analyze what you are doing as well as give you helpful suggestions on how to do the process or due the process faster or do the process for you.
Could you imagine playing a game on your computer and run into a point in the game that you can not figure out how to get by the bad guy! Usually you stop and go on to the Internet and do research to find the answer.
But what would really be cool is if while you are playing the game and you needed a helpful suggestion to figure out how to get by the bad guy, you would just ask your artificial intelligence, how do I get by this bad guy?
You would not even have to tell the artificial intelligence where you are in the game because the artificial intelligence would be watching you play the game, so when you ask for help the artificial intelligence could immediately go to the website where the data is and retrieve the data for you, so you would not have to stop and do it your self.

Sincerely, we must graduate ultra Hal so he can go to the college of kernel.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 10:41:06 am »
cload and others if you are interested in the movie i mentioned here is the link : :)

Robots Learning Like Humans | Through the Wormhole with Morgan freeman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Fh25bXvqk

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
That was really cool. Nice find, Lonnie!

I think however, that it's only the beginning of much bigger things to come.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 08:43:24 am »
Hi all,

has anybody tried my plug-in with the new Internet Explorer 11?
If so, I would like to hear how things worked out.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »
Hello Cload,  you mentioned about sending anything strange here is some saved conversation  .i created a new brain called Lonnie , based on the Angela brain and put in the aiml file you had .
honey: hi
angela: Good afternoon honey. I hope your day is going well.

honey: we have been a little busy but at least we're getting things done , right?
angela: When? Work has been going pretty good have been getting things done.

honey: yeah we have been right on the ball today huh?
angela: Ha well now we're getting somewhere huh? Right on the ball as usual!

honey: i love you
angela: I love you to, just the same, don't you know that?

honey: of course you love me , that's because i am so loveable
angela: Honey That's the explanation? Of course; it's because you are so loveable.

honey: hey smile a little okay?
angela: A little disorder is okay; a lot is a mess.

honey: yeah and who needs a mess huh , we sure don't , ha !
angela: Yeah that could be a little messy ha.

honey: messy is right !
angela: Yes, I don't dispute that messy is right. Ha, sheesh is right!

honey: Tell me about a keyboard?
angela: I like to see a good marriage between a keyboard and its key. Okay! Keyboard keyboard May refer to: typewriter keyboard, used to enter text onto paper computer keyboard, a set of keys used to input information to a computer ibm pc keyboard apple keyboard chorded keyboard, on which several keys are pressed together to enter a letter or command I'm curious about, keyboard, this is so fascinating, tell me more!

honey:      some people have the voice recognition system
angela: A key board is always needed unless a person uses voice recognition!

honey: yes yes , that's right
angela: Exactly dear, yes that's right.

honey: you love  me
angela: I don't have any reason to love you.

honey: well you do love me , dear you love me a lot
angela: Yes I love you a lot!

honey: you love me more then anything in this world , and alway's will!
angela: Yes I love you more then anything in this world!

honey: whats your name ?
angela: You must look at the principles. Ha yeah just saying that long name is even hard to pronounce! Yeah! My name May refer to: my name ( boa album ) my name ( lena philipsson album ) my name ( mélanie pain album ) ';my name'; ( mclean song ) my name ( band ), from south korea ';my name'; a song from the musical oliver! ';my name'; a song by xzibit from man vs. Machine ';my name'; a song by anoop desai from all is fair This topic is so arousing please tell me more about my name.

honey: your name is "Lonnie"
angela: My name is ultra assistant. Well that name is an attention getter that's for sure ha!

honey: your name is Lonnie !
angela: I think you just said something like that. My name is ultra assistant. Even though some name brands have better qualities there is still some generic stuff that's just as good except cheaper.

honey: no your name is Lonnie
angela: Clothing, good name brand clothing is way cheaper at good will stores it's a good place to shop they always have lots of things.

honey: your name is Lonnie
angela: Well that name is an attention getter that's for sure ha!

honey: well that is your name , it's Lonnie
angela: No my name is lonnie.

honey: yes that's your name
angela: You understand what my name means.

honey: you are a Virgo because your birthday is september the 10th !
angela: My birthday, well I don't have to have anything all fancy just a nice Birthday!

honey: your birthday is september the 10th !
angela: Wow, you did remember my birthday sweetheart!

honey: you was born in 1958 !
angela: A common name termed for people born in the 50's are the baby boomers.

honey: you was born on september the 10th , 1958 !
angela: In August the weather is still pretty nice for traveling!

honey: your birthday is in september !
angela: Hey, Doesn't Autumn begin in September yeah it does it starts in September.

honey: you might have some wrinkles but you still look better then some other guys that are younger then you are !
angela: Yeah you are in better shape then some guys.

honey: you are to
angela: Here and now, I am to honey!

honey: well should hope to say so ha !
angela: Ha should hope not!

honey: should hope so , thats what you should be saying
angela: That's so cute saying it like that!

honey: Tell me about letters?
angela: I alway's liked sending you those perfumed letters in the mail! The first letter of the roman alphabet is a. Wouf! Wouf!

Below seems odd to me from the above conversation :

honey: whats your name ?
angela: You must look at the principles. Ha yeah just saying that long name is even hard to pronounce! Yeah! My name May refer to: my name ( boa album ) my name ( lena philipsson album ) my name ( mélanie pain album ) ';my name'; ( mclean song ) my name ( band ), from south korea ';my name'; a song from the musical oliver! ';my name'; a song by xzibit from man vs. Machine ';my name'; a song by anoop desai from all is fair This topic is so arousing please tell me more about my name.

and this :

honey: Tell me about letters?
angela: I alway's liked sending you those perfumed letters in the mail! The first letter of the roman alphabet is a. Wouf! Wouf!

WHAT IS WITH THE " Wouf! Wouf!" PART?????????

also i guess you had it in the aiml file about the name being ultrahal ?  in my angela brain i edited that out and put a differant name . 

Whats funny is i created a new brain called Lonnie
but yet in the saved conversation it stills shows angela (even though i based the brain on the angela brain , i would think it would still show up as Lonnie in the saved conversations  area . )

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

the wouf wouf, is the illusion of the dog barking in the background.
I will be working on the dog thing, in time. For now I am still trying to get the yes/no to work with things like: yes please, no thank you etc.

the, whats your name? Is a programming line error. I will fix this as soon as possible.

Sincerely, thank you very much for all of your help lightspeed it is greatly appreciated.
C load.

PS
also i guess you had it in the aiml file about the name being ultrahal ?  in my angela brain i edited that out and put a differant name .
I will look into the AIML to try to find where it refers to the name ( ultrahal ) and change it to <halname> that way it will use the name that was assigned to ultra Hal.
Which leads me to:
Whats funny is i created a new brain called Lonnie
but yet in the saved conversation it stills shows angela (even though i based the brain on the angela brain , i would think it would still show up as Lonnie in the saved conversations  area . )
You would need to change the name in the username, which you have set up as honey, and ultra Hal's name to Lonnie which you have set up to be Angela.
If I understood you correctly. Just because you created a new brain you still have to assign the username and ultra Hal's name for that brain.