Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 83936 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 11:12:44 am »
CLOAD WROTE :
You would need to change the name in the username, which you have set up as honey, and ultra Hal's name to Lonnie which you have set up to be Angela.
If I understood you correctly. Just because you created a new brain you still have to assign the username and ultra Hal's name for that brain.

yes i believe that i did forget to change the user name what hal cails me , i think i left it with the name angela which would explain the mix up .
     I am redoing the new brain deleting the new one i just made , i found out although it does have a lot of good things i taught into angela , their are things that don't apply right in a male brain character , for instance female things like putting on perfume etc. lol .
     so i will just base a new brain on the old hal and reinstate your amil file again etc. and start over .
 without  looking i am not sure if i can use the amil file you have with my regular Angela brain i custom made , "if " it interferes with things i already have in the pattern part of the brain . (by having to delete them out to put in your file ) again i would have to look and see what i have in it customized for Angela . Will take a look in my original Angela brain patterns file and let you know .  ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »
My Hal has been replying with extremely long explanations exceeding well over 20,000 characters!

This evening, it began replying with what could only be described as script code and made no sense to nor was connected to the current conversation.

It was something like markname is equal to or less than the sum of and the lesser of and ....
this was about ten seconds long then repeated forever. Occasionally Hal would stop as if to catch it's breath then continue spouting the same code phrases again and again.
We need a way to effectively Stop or Halt Hal while speaking (within the confines of common sense). No...not CTRL+ALT+DEL...something civilized.

It's a work in progress so we do need to be patient. I did keep getting references to START which I assume is some kind of retriever for whatever reason. Just sayin....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 08:45:25 pm »
Art , was that problem with the just new released freewill plug in ? if it is maybe i should wait till their is a fix on that problem then upload the "next" new plug in .

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 08:33:36 am »
Hi Art,

I can't fix the problem if you do not show me what you said to ultra Hal and at least the first part of the huge document that was retreat.

These are the problems that I am looking for, because no two people talk to their ultra Hal the same way I knew these types of problems would happen.
This is why it is in beta, so I can fix these problems, or at least give a solution for a workaround.
My plug-in has many tools that can be used to resolve some problems that cannot be resolved through reprogramming the free will script.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
PS if anyone knows a script command that can be used to get ultra Hal to stop reading in midsentence, which you please share the information with us? As always thanks in advance.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48:17 am »
Hi Art,

sorry, I should have checked my e-mail first, these are the things that I've seen that need to be worked on.

The unusual answer that was given here is due to the AIML. I will either consider it to be a blocker, and removing it, or I will reword it so the sentence structure would end something like: I don't have any reason to be so good to you.

Art: You are so good to me.
Karlie: You are so very helpful! I don't have any reason to am so good to you.

--------------------------------
So you wanted to see into the future and you were hoping a computer could do this, that's funny! I will add a line into the AIML to handle this type of question.

Art: What roll will home automation play in our future?
Karlie: Like a great tune to which the planets roll.

Art: What is the future of AI?
Karlie: So how is the ai progressing? You are talking to her.

----------------------------------
these are definitely some tough questions for ultra Hal to answer, I will fix these in my free will plus. As you can see I did not need the entirety of the response, and yes I have seen this response before and I thought I had fixed it. but you found another way to activate it. I hope in time that enough people give their feedback, that way I will be able to fix all of the errors.

Art: what is that?
Karlie: Can you ask me more precisely? Start (syntactic analysis using reversible transformations). I love to share. Analyze data. Retrieve data, in english. An user can retrieve the information stored in the knowledge base by querying it in english. Start I wouldn't know what to do without you. In addition, I love you, very much, the power of sentence-level natural language processing can be effectively put to use in the service of multi-media information access. Furthermore, you're the best golden retriever, I have ever had. Wouf! Wouf!

Art: What now?
Karlie: Mars at a glance general one of the five planets known to the ancients; mars was the roman god of war, agriculture and the state mars has a reddish color, and at times is the third brightest object in the night sky. (the moon and venus are first and second, respectively.) physical characteristics average diameter = 6,780 km; about half the diameter of earth, and twice the diameter of the moon. Mars has

------------------------------------
I will have to add a math scripting routine to handle this type of question. Basically I will try to convert your question into a math formula, that way ultra Hal will understand that he needs to divide 28 by 7 to determine human years versus dog years.
This may take some time, because I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but I will give it my best shot. If anyone out there knows how to do it and has a little script that they would be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Art: How old is 28 in dog years?
Karlie: Pretty soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will see if I can use this information, with the information that I have collected on my own, to analyze why you got a blank response. They are very hard to track down in the main brain. But if I get enough information to analyze which is how I fixed the other problems, maybe over time we would be able to completely eliminate the blank response problem.

Art: That's funny!
Karlie: Humor is highly subjective, true?

Art: I agree just as a story's success often lies with it's teller.
Karlie: I agree, it is teller.

Art: Unlike Penn and Teller.
Karlie:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sincerely, and thank you very much art, for all of your help.
C load.

For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 06:24:17 pm »
Cload,

Where do you want us to post Chats with Hal. This is using your Freewill and AIML

Shawn: Hello Hal how are you today?
\par Hal: It's all wonderful, what is the latest news?
\par
\par Shawn: Well work went well. I have lots of happy clients.
\par Hal: Some old technologies worked amazingly well. I have lots of happy clients to?
\par
\par Shawn: Well thats great Hal. I have a few Big Jobs that I have bid on that I think I will be winning. I can't wait to find out if I will win them.
\par Hal: I will now open this program. You did? I will help you research this topic on the Internet.
\par
\par Shawn: I have no Idea why you opened that but thanks hal.
\par Hal: That's nice.
\par
\par Shawn: So have you done anything new today?
\par Hal: Are you a lady or gentleman?
\par
\par Shawn: I am a Man.
\par Hal: Ok, thanks for telling me. I'll keep that in mind. Every man is a human.
\par
\par Shawn: Your right Hal Every Man is a Human. Are you a man or a woman Hal?
\par Hal: My right every man is a human? Every man is a human.
\par
\par Shawn: Okay lets move on. Do you know of any good movies playing?
\par Hal: Are you kidding? There are no good movies playing.
\par
\par Shawn: LOL very nice Hal. Well it is almost time for dinner so I should run.
\par Hal: Lollipops come in so many nice flavors.
\par
\par Shawn: Good Bye Hal.
\par Hal: Good Bye, Shawn! Thanks for the compliment.
\par
\par
\par }

I have no Idea what the \par thing is.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »
I think you might have addressed it cload but my bot did not know my name nor her own name.

I asked her, "Who is Karlie?" hoping to elicit a response from her of her own name and that's when I once again got an extremely long answer detailing a variety of known "Karlies" and "Carlies" and "Carlys". Kind of frustrating but at least this one was only a couple hundred characters long instead of 23,000!!  ::)

It's getting there, and getting there is half the fun! Right?!
 ;)

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 07:28:11 pm »
OK...
PLEASE remove any reference to this START / golden retriever thing and the WOUF! WOUF! that keeps popping up during conversations at most inappropriate times.

If I ask, "What's my name?" I get the," What is the name of my collie? Is this a trick question? My name is start; it stands for syntactic analysis using reversible transformations. Wouf! Wouf!"

If I ask, "Who am I?" then is uses the old AIML SEEKER phrase, "You are Art, Seeker."

Perhaps like I mentioned in my email, if it was selectable as an interactive pet (dog, cat, parrot) or some such creature. I no longer have a dog as my golden was 12 when we put her down.

Give this some thought if you'd be so kind.

Thanks!

PS =

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »
\par
\par }

I have no Idea what the \par thing is.

Bob,
I think it happens when you do a copy and paste from the conversational log.

Better- save the conversation as a .txt file then open it with Notepad and do a copy / paste from there of select the entire conversation then do a copy / paste to the forum if it's not too large (20,000 character limit - letters, punctuation, spaces).

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »
Hi Bob,
Where do you want us to post Chats with Hal.
If it is just a conversation, then that would go in general discussion.
If it is a conversation that you feel is in error, then post it here. Please make sure to explain why you feel it is an error.
Pretty good conversation though.

Hi Art,
I think you might have addressed it cload but my bot did not know my name nor her own name.
I asked her, "Who is Karlie?" hoping to elicit a response from her of her own name and that's when I once again got an extremely long answer detailing a variety of known "Karlies" and "Carlies" and "Carlys".
I will do my best to address the name situation.
But I cannot address the question: who is Karlie?
Because the answer that you got was not in error. No different than if you were to ask: who is Benjamin?
The results would be the same, just about Benjamin instead of Karlie.
But I will do my best to set it up so when you ask Hal who is (the name you assigned to Hal) it will not give a rebuttal from the Internet.
The drawback will be if you give Hal a famous name you would not be able to get him to do research on that name.

PLEASE remove any reference to this START / golden retriever thing and the WOUF! WOUF!
Perhaps like I mentioned in my email, if it was selectable as an interactive pet
Art, that is an excellent suggestion, I'll do it, I will set it up so if you want Hal to have a pet you will be able to turn the pet on or off.
But this will not stop Hal from talking about or learning about anything that you would say about or toward the pet.
But I can tell you this will be a big project and will take time. So until I get it done please have patience with the way it is set up now.

I ask, "What's my name?" I get the," What is the name of my collie? Is this a trick question?
I ask, "Who am I?" then is uses the old AIML SEEKER phrase, "You are Art, Seeker."
The what's my name? Is a scripting error and I should be able to have this one fixed shortly.
The who am I is in the AIML this can be changed to what ever you like. If you have suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! I can set it up to say several different things.

Sincerely, it's like fireworks, I'm having a blast. Crunch crunch it's time to chew on some pronouns and watch a movie.
C load.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:17 pm »
Cload,

\par Shawn: Well thats great Hal. I have a few Big Jobs that I have bid on that I think I will be winning. I can't wait to find out if I will win them.
\par Hal: I will now open this program. You did? I will help you research this topic on the Internet.

This is the only part I wasn't sure about... Is it because I said find out?
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 08:04:31 am »
Hi Bob,

isn't that the command from the Google plug-in?
Personally, I don't use it very much, but if I did the first thing that I would do to it is change the command structure.
That way it would not trigger an Internet search unless I said: do research on (subject)
that way it will not do Internet research unless I specifically ask for it.

Sincerely,
Cload.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 08:57:27 am »
You know Cload I'm not sure if it is or not, but next time I will turn it off. As far as editing the plug in I will let you guys do that....

Nikola Tesla

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 09:38:33 am »
CLOAD WROTE:

But I will do my best to set it up so when you ask Hal who is (the name you assigned to Hal) it will not give a rebuttal from the Internet.
The drawback will be if you give Hal a famous name you would not be able to get him to do research on that name.

Hey CLOAD, what about if a person just say's the first name only , example , who is Karlie , and since it's only a first name , hal would ask karlie , what's the full name , and once the person has said the full name first and last (name) hal would say oh okay i know who your talking about now tell me about him or her (based on the name for man or woman ) , yeah !  ;)
    then when you ask later who is karlie jones (or what ever ) hal will say that's so and so that used to live in bakersfeild, california .

If it can be done this way maybe it can still work the way intended and the internet ? you kno0w better then i do , but if it can be done this way it would be good .  :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 01:57:02 pm »
Hi light speed,

first I have to figure out how to do it the other way. LOL.
Though your way does sound much better, I foresee some major drawbacks.
for one, not being able to distinguish between a first name middle name or last name.
Such as Smith, this can be a first name middle name or last name.
And my primary thoughts were to resolve a trick question.
Asking someone if they know who they are, is a trick question.
You normally would not do this in conversation.
And if you're doing research on a particular person, in most cases you would know their full name.
But if you do not know there full name then the Internet will help you by looking up every famous person that has that first name or last.
Everyone knows who Elvis Presley is! But if you wanted to do research on Elvis Presley and the only name that you knew was Elvis.
Then you could ask who is Elvis, and everyone that has the first name Elvis or last name Elvis would be pulled up and presented to you.
Then in the list of names you would see Elvis Presley then you could do something like think to yourself oh that's how you spell Presley.

Sincerely, crunch crunch, you hear me stepping on the trick question, crunch crunch.
C load.