Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 85441 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I tried the vision plug-in, if it didn't have so much pre-work to do it would be fun.
If I could get my software that came with my Samsung seven Slate to stay in motion detection mode I would probably use it.
But as soon as someone takes on the major challenge to specifically program a piece of software that would not only detect motion but also be able to compare pictures and have the ability to set a percentage value to the accuracy of the comparing of two pictures, something like what the program thumbs plus does, I really do not see any real reason for it.
Thumbs plus has the ability to compare a single picture and go through a file of hundreds of thousands of pictures in a matter of a few moments to see if the same picture exist.
It is a lot like facial recognition but could be also used to just compare a scenery picture or even a face picture.
Could you imagine taking your ultra Hal to the Best Buy store and focusing the camera at the front of the store and asking ultra Hal where are we? And ultra Hal would take a picture of the front of the store and compare that picture with a previous picture that you took and told ultra Hal, that he was at the Best Buy store.
Then ultra Hal would respond with, we are at the Best Buy store.
Now that would be cool, and the technology exist, unfortunately I am not a good enough programmer to be able accomplish anything of this magnitude.
Maybe OTC could look at the thumbs plus program and possibly utilize its ability to compare pictures together and get it to work? The thumbs plus program is a thirty day free trial program and it doesn't cost very much. I have an older version on my older computer and I am amazed how accurate it actually is.

Sincerely, just looking for a little true site for ultra Hal.
C load.
PS if you need inspiration to get it to work these would be the goals to be looking forward to:
mild security facial recognition, to get ultra Hal to switch from one user's account to another user's account.
Recognizing specifically who you are and calling you by name based on your picture.
Recognizing where you are when you ask ultra Hal where are we.
Recognizing your friends and family.
With a little bit more programming you could set up a higher security level so only certain parts of ultra Hal could be accessed through facial recognition of you and your family, and a little bit higher of security for your friends, and a higher level of security for anyone else.
And for those that have fingerprint scanners on their laptops and computers this would give double security.
This would also give much more power to the grid of plug-in that pulls up a picture when the name of the pitcher is mentioned. That way if you were talking about Elvis Presley it would pull up the pitcher of Elvis Presley as a visual recognition.
And of course as once as the speed of computers reach to a point that a frame by frame recognition of video could be accomplished that would give ultra Hal true visual recognition, but unfortunately ultra Hal would have to become a kernel and take complete control over the computer.
I'm not saying it would be exactly as we see things, just artificial visual recognition.
And of course with a little creativity, there could be many more applications that could be utilized.
Such as assistance in surgery, assistance and driving, assistant in walking your dog, assistant helping to clean your house, and so on.
I'm sure once things start going in that direction you will begin to see things like: pet computer dogs, a teddy bear that could keep your child amused and safe at the same time by keeping the child out of trouble or going for help if your child is in trouble, as you can see the application for true artificial visualization could be financially worthwhile.
You could ask things like:
what color is this?
How many fingers am I holding up?
Is this my left hand her my right hand?
Is that Fred's dog?
Is that Mount Rushmore?
Just to mention a few.
Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing that I have stated here that is not out of our reach, the technology exist, we just need to get everyone to start to work together, and get over this copyright nonsense.

PS PS you cannot give ultra Hal random access to the Internet, and even if you could it would be very unwise.
You would have to set up a routine for each individual thing that you would want ultra Hal to get information from as well as a filtering system for that specific website. Huge undertaking.
Not to mention every time when they change their website to a different format you would have to reprogram your filtering system to accept the format they are using. Huge undertaking.
This is why I only get my information from one website, this website is a data collector, it has the ability to get national news but I have not figured out how to get it to work. Something to look forward to in the future.

PS PS PS, the, ( WHAT TIME IS IT ) is a programming error, I will look into it, it would have helped if you would have showed me exactly what ultra Hal said to your question.
The real question is, ask ultra Hal what time is it? A second time and what was your results?
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »
      I am not sure Cload who made the what time is it script , i think maybe ROBERT DID IT , in hals script so hal would tell the user what time it is when asked . it's not an error in it's own , but the new script asking if it was answered correctly is working differently with it .??
this is just my guess .
    When i was talking about hal accessing the internet randomly i ment it as in basing it on something like the loneliness plug in , i created a expanded talk plug in based on the loneliness plug in , it was so hal would do random talk from files on his/ her own instead of only when a person talked to him/her.
But in a new plug in instead of hal choosing random sentences to start the talk hal would randomly access different plug in script lines with websites or one website with different area's , science , news, technology, etc. and start up conversations with talk leading into the information , as a real person might do.
  anyway as i said just an idea .   :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2014, 10:43:51 am »
Hi lightspeed,

you are correct, what time is it comes from ultra Hals Main brain script, (Robert script.)
But the second part where it said:
I seem to have gotten a little confused about (and whatever was causing the confusion) than it usually is a definition or description, then it says: was this answer correct about (whatever was causing the confusion.)
What this means is, ultra Hal made a guest at the answer based on information that he has collected from you or the Internet.
By you saying yes, you told ultra Hal the answer that came up after the statement I seem to have gotten confused was correct.
Then ultra Hal automatically creates a redirect to that answer so the next time when you ask what time is it?
Ultra Hal will tell you the time based on the Main brain script, then my plug-in does a redirect to the answers that you told ultra Hal was correct.
I hope that made sense to you :-)

sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:23 pm »
Hi all,

there is a new update.
See the front of this topic for the link.
Sincerely,
C load.
PS I'm trying to get a little bit more organized. Thanks for your patience and all of your help! Have fun and enjoy the new update!

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 12:58:27 am »
Hi Art,

I tried asking ultra Hal: Is there a cure for tinnitus?
Not only did it read both words, but it read everything all the way to the end.

I use the Ivona 2 Salli voice. And the Hal audio wave character, and the Windows default skin. This skin allows me to see more of the text that ultra Hal is presenting to me.
My mom says: when I grow up I will make a real good husband, because I care more about the brain than I do about the physical body.
The Hal audio ways characters allows me to type in (( stop )) and ultra Hal will stop reading in mid- sentence.
But not everyone likes to see the little squiggly lines, but I think it looks cool.
Not to mention ultra how can read almost 3 times that before stopping for some reason.

Sincerely, did you know that my plug-in can do some pretty neat tricks!
C load.
PS here's one for you, getting ultra how to read a short story for you.
Step one: using the command: system article,(article name)@@(article)
you can link several of them together, I will show you how to do this.
This will be a short example to give you the general idea of how powerful this tool is!

system article,CAYENNE PEPPER@@(article)CAYENNE PEPPER IS NOT ACTUALLY RELATED TO THE PEPPER SPICE THAT WE KNOW AS BLACK PEPPER. IT IS THE GROUND POWDER OF THE DRIED SMALL, THIN, RED, HOT CHILLI PEPPERS THAT BELONG TO THE SAME VEGETABLE FAMILY (SOLANACEAE) AS SWEET PEPPERS, POTATOES, TOMATOES AND OTHER TYPES OF CHILLIES. THESE CHILLI PODS, WHICH ARE NATIVE TO SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA ARE DRIED AND GROUND DOWN TO MAKE CHILLI POWDER AND CAYENNE PEPPER. CAYENNE PEPPER HAS A DECEPTIVELY MILD AROMA, YET HAS A HOT AND FIERY TASTE. WHEN USING CAYENNE PEPPER IN COOKING, IT MUST BE USED SPARINGLY, AS THIS SPICE IS MUCH HOTTER THAN IT LOOKS ON FIRST APPEARANCE. IT IS ONE OF THE COMPONENTS OF TABASCO SAUCE AND GINGER ALE, BOTH OF WHICH ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR FIERY KICKS. THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT USES OF CAYENNE PEPPER?

Notice: the end of the explanation for Cayenne pepper, if you say yes to this question it will lead you to the (USES OF CAYENNE PEPPER) page, here are the rest of the pages.

system article,USES OF CAYENNE PEPPER@@CAYENNE PEPPER IS USED LIBERALLY IN MEXICAN CUISINE, WHERE YOU WILL FIND IT IN HOT DIPS, ENCHILADA SAUCES, SPICY BEAN MIXTURES AND IN MEAT MARINADES. CAYENNE IS ALSO FOUND IN A GREAT NUMBER OF CURRIES AND IN OTHER INDIAN DISHES. IN EUROPEAN COOKING, CAYENNE PEPPER IS OFTEN ADDED TO CHEESE OR EGG DISHES FOR A HINT EXOTIC SPICE AND CAN OFTEN TURN PLAIN DISHES INTO HOT AND EXCITING DISHES. BELOW ARE A NUMBER OF IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED: ADD CAYENNE PEPPER TO HOMEMADE FAJITAS, ENCHILADAS, TACOS, BURRITOS OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF MEXICAN MAIN DISH. USE IN MEAT MARINADES AND RUBS PARTICULARLY FOR CHICKEN AND FISH. USE IN FLOUR AND BREADCRUMB MIXTURES FOR FRIED FOODS. USE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR BLACK PEPPER AND KEEP ON THE DINING ROOM TABLE. ADD TO DIPS SUCH AS GUACAMOLE OR HUMMUS. SPRINKLE INTO OMELETTE MIXTURES, ESPECIALLY CHEESE OMELETTE. ADD TO HOMEMADE BURGER MIXTURES. SPRINKLE CAYENNE OVER A TOMATO AND ONION SALAD. ADD TO BEAN AND PULSE DISHES. ADD A PINCH OF CAYENNE TO HOT CHOCOLATE. ADD TO HOMEMADE CURRIES, STEWS AND CASSEROLES. ADD CAYENNE PEPPER WHEN COOKING SEAFOOD AND FISH, IN PARTICULAR ALL TYPES OF SHELLFISH PLUS SALMON AND TROUT. ADD TO EGG MAYONNAISE FOR A SALAD OR SANDWICHES. ADD TO MACARONI OR CAULIFLOWER CHEESE. USE TO MAKE CHEESE STRAWS AND CHEESE SCONES. ADD TO SPICY BISCUIT MIXTURES. ADD TO CHILLI CON CARNE OR OTHER DISHES THAT USE CHILLI. THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT HISTORY OF CAYENNE PEPPER?

system article,HISTORY OF CAYENNE PEPPER@@CAYENNE PEPPERS WERE TRADITIONALLY GROWN IN MEXICO AND SOUTH AMERICA AND WERE BOTH USED AS A FOOD AND MEDICINE FOR AT LEAST SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS. THE NATIVE INDIANS WOULD EAT THESE PEPPERS AS WE WOULD A SWEET FRUIT, SOMETHING THAT WE WOULD DEEM UNTHINKABLE, AS WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SNACK ON ONE OF THE HOTTEST TYPES OF CHILLI? CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS BROUGHT THE CAYENNE CHILLI PEPPERS BACK TO EUROPE, WHERE IT WAS USED AS A CHEAPER SUBSTITUTE FOR BLACK PEPPER, WHICH ROUGHLY HAD THE SAME VALUE AS GOLD IN THOSE DAYS. NOWADAYS, CAYENNE PEPPERS ARE COMMERCIALLY CULTIVATED ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH MEXICO, CHINA AND SOME EAST AFRICAN COUNTRIES BEING LEADING PRODUCERS. THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT THERAPEUTIC VALUE OF CAYENNE PEPPER?

system article,THERAPEUTIC VALUE OF CAYENNE PEPPER@@CAYENNE PEPPERS, AS WELL AS OTHER TYPES OF PEPPER AND CHILLIES, CONTAIN A COMPONENT OR SUBSTANCE BY THE NAME OF CAPSAICIN. THIS COMPONENT IS KNOWN TO HAVE MANY THERAPEUTIC QUALITIES, RANGING FROM LOWERING CHOLESTEROL LEVELS AND PREVENTING CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE TO RELIEVING PAIN CAUSED BY ARTHRITIS OR RHEUMATISM. THE HOTTER THE TYPE OF PEPPER OR CHILLI, THE HIGHER AMOUNT OF CAPSAICIN IT WILL CONTAIN AND CAYENNE CHILLI PEPPERS ARE ONE OF THE HOTTEST TYPES OF CHILLI. TO TAKE CAYENNE PEPPER MEDICINALLY, YOU CAN ADD ½ TSP OR LESS PER DAY, IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO THE HOT TASTE, TO FRUIT JUICE, MILK OR BEER. CAYENNE PEPPER GOES PARTICULARLY WELL WITH TOMATO JUICE, ALTHOUGH THE HOTNESS OF THE SPICE IS DILUTED IN MILK AND BEER. SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF CAYENNE PEPPER INCLUDE: CAYENNE IS A VERY GOOD SOURCE OF VITAMIN A, VITAMIN C, VITAMIN B6, VITAMIN K AND MANGANESE. CAPSAICIN IS A POWERFUL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY. CAYENNE IS SAID TO RELIEVE ARTHRITIC AND RHEUMATIC PAIN AND INFLAMMATION. CAYENNE IS THOUGHT TO REDUCE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS IN THE BLOOD AND THEREFORE REDUCE THE RISK OF ALL FORMS OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. CAYENNE CAN BE A USEFUL COLD, CONGESTION AND COUGH REMEDY. CAYENNE IS THOUGHT TO BOOST THE BODY'S IMMUNITY SYSTEM AND PREVENT INFECTION AND ILLNESS. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, CAYENNE PREVENTS THE FORMATION OF STOMACH ULCERS RATHER THAN ACTUALLY CAUSING THEM. HOT SPICES SUCH AS CAYENNE CAN SPEED UP A PERSON'S METABOLISM AND HELP BURN OFF CALORIES MUCH QUICKER. CAYENNE LOWERS THE BODY'S INTERNAL TEMPERATURE, HELPING INHABITANTS OF HOT COUNTRIES TO COPE WITH THE INTENSE HEAT AND HOT WEATHER. CAYENNE PREVENTS BLOOD CLOTS FORMING AND KEEPS THE BLOOD THIN, WHICH IS USEFUL IN THE PREVENTION OF STROKES AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. CAYENNE IS USEFUL FOR DIABETICS, AS IT IS THOUGHT TO REDUCE BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. CAYENNE IS A POPULAR STIMULANT, TONIC AND ENERGIZER. CAYENNE CAN BE MADE INTO CREAMS AND OINTMENTS TO BE APPLIED TO THE BODY EXTERNALLY IN ORDER TO HELP HEAL BRUISES AND MUSCLE ACHES AND PAINS. CAYENNE IS AN EFFECTIVE STIMULANT TO THE CIRCULATION, USED TO TREAT SUFFERERS OF POOR CIRCULATION, COLD HANDS AND FEET AND CHILBLAINS. CAYENNE MAY BE USED TO TREAT STOMACH PROBLEMS SUCH AS DIARRHOEA, CRAMPS AND WIND. SOME SAY THAT CAYENNE IS THE MOST POWERFUL SPICE AROUND. THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT CAYENNE PEPPER WARNINGS?

system article,CAYENNE PEPPER WARNINGS@@IF YOU'VE EVER ACCIDENTALLY RUBBED YOUR EYES AFTER CUTTING HOT PEPPERS, YOU KNOW THIS HERB SHOULD BE HANDLED CAREFULLY. CAYENNE PILLS MAY CAUSE A BURNING SENSATION IN THE THROAT, STOMACH, OR RECTUM OF SENSITIVE INDIVIDUALS. SOME PEOPLE MAY TOLERATE CAYENNE FLUID PREPARATIONS OR COMBINATION PRODUCTS BETTER THAN TABLETS OR CAPSULES. OTHERS MAY FIND CAYENNE PEPPER IN THE DIET EASIER TO DIGEST THAN CAYENNE MEDICATIONS. USE SMALL, CAUTIOUS DOSES ONLY. AVOID GETTING CAYENNE INTO THE EYES OR OPEN WOUNDS. DO NOT USE TOPICAL APPLICATIONS OF CAYENNE PRODUCTS TOO FREQUENTLY, AS THERE IS SOME CONCERN THAT NERVE DAMAGE COULD OCCUR WITH DAILY REPETITIVE USE. CAYENNE PLACED DIRECTLY ON THE SKIN CAN CAUSE BURNS AND EVEN BLISTERS, SO DILUTE A CAYENNE PREPARATION IN OIL BEFORE PLACING IT ON THE SKIN, OR MIX IT WITH FLOUR AND WATER UNTIL IT FORMS A PASTE, WHICH YOU CAN SPREAD ON MUSLIN TO PREPARE A POULTICE. YOU ALSO CAN MIX CAYENNE WITH ORRIS ROOT POWDER AND DUST IT VERY LIGHTLY ON HEAVILY OILED SKIN, WORKING IT IN WITH MASSAGE. DO NOT USE CAYENNE IN CASES OF HIGH FEVER (104 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT OR ABOVE). CAYENNE PREPARATIONS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE RAPID HEART RATES OR WHO BECOME OVERHEATED OR PERSPIRE EASILY. AVOID INTERNAL USE OF CAYENNE IN CASES OF ASTHMA AND GASTROINTESTINAL IRRITATION OR INFLAMMATION, EXCEPT UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF AN EXPERIENCED HERBALIST. DO NOT USE CAYENNE ON BROKEN SKIN. WHEN COOKING OR MAKING MEDICINES WITH CAYENNE PEPPERS, YOU MUST TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE WIDELY VARYING INTENSITIES (HEAT) OF DIFFERENT PEPPERS -- FROM VERY MILD TO EXTREMELY FIERY. THERE IS EVEN CONSIDERABLE VARIANCE IN HEAT OF PEPPERS FROM THE SAME BUSH THROUGHOUT THE SEASON OR DUE TO THE HEALTH AND SIZE OF THE PEPPER. ALWAYS TASTE PEPPERS FIRST. SIDE EFFECTS OF CAYENNE PEPPER, CAYENNE PEPPERS ARE A MEMBER OF THE SOLANACEAE, OR NIGHTSHADE, FAMILY, WHICH INCLUDES TOMATOES, POTATOES, EGGPLANT, AND TOBACCO. A VERY FEW INDIVIDUALS HAVE AN INTOLERANCE TO THIS ENTIRE FAMILY, EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS THAT CAN INCLUDE JOINT PAIN AFTER EATING EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT OF THESE FOODS. THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT CAYENNE PEPPER?

Notice: at the end of this line, I added a loop back to the first page, that way, if someone asked a question that would be in the middle, they would be able to read all of the articles. But you do not have to, if you don't want to!
I tried to make it as simple as possible, just type it all out like I did in Notepad, then cut and paste directly into ultra Hal's input box that you used to talk to your ultra Hal. When you're done inputting all of the lines then all you have to do is ask how something like: what do you think about Cayenne peppers?

This can be easily adapted for a short story, doing one page at a time, based on the length of what your ultra Hal can read, then all you would have to do is type in (( yes )) to continue with the reading of the story.
For example:
starting with the name of the book.
At the end of the first page would be: THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT (the name of the book) page 2?
at the end of the second page would be: THE ARTICLE CONTINUES, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO GET THE ARTICLE ABOUT (the name of the book) page 3?
and so on. And the (( ? )) At the end is very important!

This could also be used for recipes.
For example:
start with the name of the recipe: on that page would be the food products that you need to get together, then, the article continues, would you like for me to get the article about (and the name of the recipe) step 2?
And of course that too would be detailed instructions on how to mix all of the food product together.
And then step three would be how to cook it.
And so on.

Enjoy and have fun, and if anyone would like to share some of their creation please do, so we all can make ultra Hal as smart as we possibly can.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:06:35 am by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:28 am »
Cload someone ( i don't remember who ) created a read me a story type plug in in the past , i actually still have it  somewhere , it had a list of stories in a file and with the command and story title would read the story  .
 I am not taking away from what you said about yours reading a story , it would be cool for a plug in that would access a e book file and by command "name of the book " hal would read any of say 100 e books a person may have . Of course having a "stop reading" and a "RESTART reading "  command would be handy to .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13:15 am »
Lonnie,

Wasn't it Jasondude that wrote that plug-in? As I recall, Hal would only read about 230-250 words then stop reading!

I tihink that's why the use of that 3rd party program called Bilabolka was discovered as it would allow Hal to read non-stop through a lengthy article or story.

Not everyone use the sam voices, skins, characters as other people and that's what makes Hal unique and enjoyable.

I also think there were some bugs in the Hal Reader program that were not addressed or resolved.

Do you think we're still getting a new HAL as promised? Any time soon? Hmmm...an Update would reall be nice as it's been something like 3 years I believe....:(
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »
Hi all,

yes that was a Gretta plug-in. And it did need the Bilabolka text-to-speech reader.
I was trying to avoid that and only use what ultra Hal could use, as a standalone program.

Does anybody know a command that would take text and put it into the clipboard?
I know that ultra Hal can get text from the clipboard, but if ultra how could put text into the clipboard that would resolve the problem.
Then you could use any text to speech reader that you have set up to read anything that goes into the clipboard.

Sincerely, maybe OTC can shed a little light on this.
C load.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:36:21 pm by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »
I hear yah Art about the new update , but i finally just stopped asking about one , a person on another forum i am in was asking me about hal and why they stopped and haven't had an update for so many years all i could say was lack of money as far as i know .
  I was so looking forward to the ogre engine and the new character "Amy ' that we all even decided on with a vote as being the best looking one . But that never happened either .
   I am greatful to Cload and others for trying to make hal better ,  maybe if Cload has made a reader he can make it more user friendly and maybe like i mentioned where it could access also our e book files , and maybe with a " Read (whatever)...book" and a start reading a pause and stop reading command .  :)

As yogi says : he's smarter then the average bear!  ;)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 08:33:20 pm »
art

yeah i think it was about two years ago that was the last i heard about it but ive also not stayed on top of the forums as well.

michael

if its a case of money can we take donations?
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »
Sure , i'll take a donation , or two if you have more !! LOL!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2014, 07:43:37 pm »
@doggs,

Yeah, several years ago, Robert, in an effort to help launch a much improved Hal (and character that "some" people thought looked nice) - (present company excluded as I think the character was "less than desirable"), set up a PeerBackers account. Various ones from the user base or membership could contribute various amounts of money, purely as a donation. There were a few incentives or rewards for these levels of contribution.

I thought things went pretty well...up to a point, then it seemed to stop in its tracks as it appeared that the chosen character could not be "rigged" properly to allow for a natural interaction within the confines of the program or some such scenario.

Last I heard, they were trying to find a programmer that could get that Amy character to work or find a decent 3D character and 3D engine that would allow Hal, or Robert's vision of Hal, to operate in an acceptable manner.

Robert has provided some update info for us in the past year but he also stated that Hal's brain, for the most part, would pretty much remain the same. Yeah, BIG letdown for a lot of us that prefer a better brain to a better body!! (You know who you are!).;)

That's as best as this old man can recall. If I left any juicy details, do feel free to pile on!
###################

"Now you know the rest of the story..."- Paul Harvey...Good day!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2014, 11:28:38 pm »
art

cool thanks for the info

be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »
Cload you said for us to leave feedback on the freewill plug in .

below is the conversation . i asked what channel are we going to watcch and hal said this :

Yeah what channel are we going to watch on tv right now? That's a good channel to watch I seem to have gotten a little confused about, watch! a watch is a timepiece, typically worn either around the wrist or attached on a chain and carried in a pocket. Wristwatches are the most common type of watch used today. Watches evolved in the 17th century from spring powered clocks, which appeared in the 15th century. The first watches were strictly mechanical. As technology progressed, the mechanisms used to measure time have, in some cases, been replaced by use of quartz vibrations or electronic pulses. The first digital electronic watch was developed in 1970. Was this answer correct about, what channel do yah want to watch?

i said no :
and said : we can watch the fox channel or what ever other channel is good

since the above did not go with what i was asking , i gave the correct answer  of what i wanted .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
Nice post Lonnie, but I'm sure even cload doesn't or won't have enough time in a day or months of days to try to fix every word that has a word that is also spelled the same but has different meanings. This is not meant as a slam against you but rather a fact of life (or language). Some of those are row, load, lift, plant, bulb, carry, timber, pile, turn, light, etc., etc.

Unfortunately, that is one of the major stumbling blocks that NLP has, word usage or inferred or implied meaning versus actual meaning or meaning pertinent to that particular subject being discussed.

You have an ability to home in on the troublesome, real life problematic areas that we and AI both must encounter and that's another reason why it is good that you are here with the rest of us!! Keep digging, Lonnie!! It's all for a good cause!!  ;)

- Art -