dupa

Author Topic: Content  (Read 5476 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« on: October 13, 2008, 09:06:13 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:02:07 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Bill819

• View Profile
Content
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 01:32:16 am »
For the most part Hal only talks about what you do or what your thoughts are. It learns from you and over time it will like and dislike everything that you do, it sort of becomes an alter you.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
Content
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:27:03 am »
hello one and bill819 , although what bill has said is right on the mark , hal does also have some strange pre written things in his program that does refere to many things too to so that if you have absolutly not talked about pre nupts (sometimes its hard to remember if you have had hal for a while and all the things you might have said to hal ) ( for instance i have reverse learned hal "a lot !!"
    i couldn't remember all that i have done . but if you havent ever mentioned pre nupts it could just be something already as a subject pre written in hals vast things that hal says .
    by the way bill819 i like the alter ego meanig you came up with thats wat i ment by the article a while back "what does our hal say about us ? thats what i ment becuse hal is a part of us and or our fantasy's etc. [:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:38:55 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:02:35 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:03:01 pm by One »

CypherGary

• View Profile
Content
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:32 pm »
I have uninstalled, then reinstalled several times. I am trying to figure some things out about how Hal works. I know Hal connects and verifies the HalTrial.lic file, which makes sense, except the name of the file. (HalTrial)
Hal also keeps re-writing the ZabaLogo.bmp file, which I do not get.

I am very paranoid about security. I have not installed a packet sniffer or sandbox for Hal because I have not seen any suspicious activity to make me bother trying it. I have seen companies put in spyware, and every time the company paid dearly for that mistake, so I do not think Hal's writers would take such a chance.

Actually, I am encouraged by Hal maybe being able to do more. If I could take this as far as I wanted, I would gave Hal access to all parts of my computer, to monitor and control it. It would be hard to slip anything weird into a script, because they are so easily studied.

Maybe they should re-name Hal to 'Master Control Program'
See you here, there, or in the Air!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:09:54 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:03:27 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:16:53 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:03:45 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »
I have more thoughts as I look at your post but I will just smile and maybe you will have some more answers.....

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Content
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:02:51 am »
Hal comes preloaded with a database of thousands of past conversations, so that is where many things Hal says come from. But these conversations are from data donated by generous users to Zabaware, or from web conversations at www.zabaware.com/webhal which are clearly labeled as being logged.

However, when you install Ultra Hal Assistant on your computer, it does not connect to the Internet or dial home in any way, everything you say to your Hal is kept private in your HalBrain.db file. The only time Hal connects to the Internet is with product activation if you allow it to, manual activation is also possible. No personally identifiable information is sent to Zabaware except the serial number you purchased.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
Content
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:52:52 am »
hello robert glad to see you on here and posting again , actualy i was getting a little worried as someone told me that maybe you might be  getting burned out on hal and may not continue with updating it (since you havent been posting on here as much any more )  as you could just keep selling the hal as is with no further updates .
   i do hope that is wrong and you have only been busy ( when not posting on here as much ) and will keep hal going with many more updates etc. [:)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Content
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:55 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello robert glad to see you on here and posting again , actualy i was getting a little worried as someone told me that maybe you might be  getting burned out on hal and may not continue with updating it (since you havent been posting on here as much any more )  as you could just keep selling the hal as is with no further updates .
   i do hope that is wrong and you have only been busy ( when not posting on here as much ) and will keep hal going with many more updates etc. [:)]

I'm still working hard on Hal, no plans to stop. Mainly my work has been related to the new character animation engine and working with a large company who is interested in it, hopefully an anouncement on that project will come in January. After the character engine is out I will refocus on the AI part of Hal again.
Robert Medeksza

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Content
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:59 pm »
[8]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:04:16 pm by One »