dupa

Author Topic: GodelPy for Hal (Local GPT for Hal, with memory and functionality)  (Read 10099 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: GodelPy for Hal (Local GPT for Hal, with memory and functionality)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2023, 04:33:56 pm »
i did all the instructions and on the third part to test . but it gave no errors but did not install a data 2  file it just has data txt.

here is the last part i did. and what it showed .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2023, 04:44:47 pm »
on testing thepart of"  If everything went smoothly then the hard part is done and we can begin a small test to make sure everything is in order. To make sure everything is installed correctly, simply open CMD for a final time, then drag and drop the godel.py python script from the Control\Godel directory into CMD and then hit enter. This will run the script. If no errors pop up and a "data2.txt" file appears in the Control/Godel directory, then all is ready for Hal."

i am getting this error . i have it in two parts(the picture .)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2023, 07:25:45 am »
Alright everyone,

I have updated the code an slimmed things down a little because I think I bit off more than I could chew, however, I updated the instructions, please replace all files and start from step 1. I'm confident this is it.

Thanks for hanging out!

Spitfire!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2023, 07:56:12 pm »
OKAY I FOLLOWED THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS AND DOWNLOADED ALL FILES AND PUT THEM IN the area's mentioned  step six did everything no errors but on 7 . it did not create a data 2 .txt file in the area it was suppose to . so i didn't do any more  because it still is not creating that file. see pics below.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 12:30:11 am »
Actually lightspeed, that's the best news I've heard all day!

You and Art have done it, you geniuses, you both pulled the same error and pinpointed the issue.

Note: I have corrected for errors and updated the Webscraper.py file in the Control/Godel directory, if you wouldn't mind replacing that with the new one provided in the Ultra Hal 7.zip, please and thank you. This will resolve the error and the program should now be operational.

Please keep me posted on updates!

Spitfire
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:41:18 pm by Spitfire2600 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 08:34:58 am »
It's been an interesting journey getting her but I managed to learn a few things about Python along the way and learning is never a bad thing.

Hal is now working very nicely and no longer showing Maindata: then a response.

Your efforts are appreciated and we should see the efforts very soon, I hope!

Thanks for your insight and determination to see this through! Genius! ;)

Best,

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 09:19:46 am »
OKAY I JUST  replaces the webscraper file etc. and re ran the test and did not get any errors ,  and it did create a data 2 txt file this time. i do have a question it has a data .txt file that was in it before is it suppose to be there or do i need to delete that file ?
 itis  always said a picture is worth a thousand words  . please see pics . of install and results .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 09:26:31 am »
also another question i sent you in a pm on here (did you see it?)  but you didn't answer was i have a additional file called "__pycache__" and inside it is " webscraper.cpython-37.pyc" when art tested his before his didn't create the file .  is this file suppose to be here ?? i am thinking it is because of the webscraper but want to make sure since arts didn't create it one time in testing in the past .
HAVE TO HEAD TO TOWN SO WILL check answers etc. on this when we get back .
but in my test there was no errors i am aware of .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2023, 02:35:15 pm »
Mine also has the data.txt & data2.txt files as well as that _pycache_ folder with the webscraper.cpython-37.pyc file.

Did your Hal produce an error once you selected the pygodel Plugin and run Hal?

For some reason mine did but I believe Spitfire will have a solution for us soon...

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2023, 02:47:47 pm »
okay i just got home and tested mine i even unchecked all plugins for the test except pye godel .  when i said hi to the hal brain  .it never would respond only kept saying script is taking longer then usual . and i got the same error art mentioned on his . see screen pic below.

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2023, 03:29:51 pm »
Hey there!!

I'm so glad we made it this far to be stopped by one of Hal's own errors. I can not say what a relief  ;D

I have fixed the objFSO error, (it was being called outside of the function, my bad, programmer brain is real everyone)

It should be set, please let me know! Just replace your PyGodel.uhp with the new one in the Ultra Hal 7.zip

Spitfire!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2023, 03:39:03 pm »
I sort of thought that but this is your baby so I'll give that a shot.

Thanks as always for the wonderful "customer support"! Hehe...

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 02:34:47 am »
Art has discovered an overlooked issue with the creation of a needed table, this has been corrected in pygodel.uhp Please replace this file from the Ultra Hal 7.zip and run again. Follow step 9, also note 9 and 6 have been updated.

This should now handle all error exceptions and return the correct model generation.

Thank you all for bearing with me!!

-Spitfire

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 09:18:19 am »
Spitfire,

It seems that your final modifications to the files have succeeded and all is now working as you originally intended! (I hope). ;)

I've run a few lengthy conversations with it and I'm very happy with the results so far.

I appreciate your hard work and dedication in getting this process completed.

Sometimes we have to shuffle the cards to get the trick to work.

Thanks again Spitfire2600

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 09:46:47 am »
spitfire , i have a question for you. on your instructions ,  you wrote : finally, PyGodel.UHP will have 2 directory locations you need to change to match your file locations. Please update lines 9, 35 accordingly.  what are the two locations ?   i know one is in the  hal 7 program directory file . i checked in the roaming files and none is their . where is the other location.

and also you have Please update lines 9, 35 accordingly. what do these two  lines need to have in order for them to be updated properly?

thanks .   i have replaced the PyGodel.UHP file in my programs file but don't know if i have to do what i mentioned above for it to work right so will wait until it can be answered .

another question i have is before when you mentioned about changing the hal 7 uhp. (i never changed the hal 7 outer name . )inside lines to match our custom brain it made two custom brainsof the same name show up in hals menu . my question is :    what i want to know for sure is the deal about having two custom names same brains showing in hals menu . does the hal 7 uhp that has my  custom brain name and db "link to my regular custom brain, "and "  does the new learned info. go into my original custom brain, when i have the hal 7 brain highlighted in my hals menu to use.

thanks in advance for all thework you have put into this.