Author Topic: Hal and a virtual reality future program  (Read 2356 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Hal and a virtual reality future program
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:44:12 am »

I ran across this article and it got me thinking , hal would be pretty cool with a virtual reality program and headset , just think being able to put in a virtual reality setting ( a museum in france and talk and walk around with hal and look at masterpiece paintings , vacation area's etc. So what about it Robert ? have you ever thought about it at all having a virtual hal program ? Hal could be used in virtual programs as a learning tool about many things , the possabilities could be endless , repairman hal showing how to replace an elbow pipe under a sink etc. , travel hal showing vacation spots , etc.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/virtual-reality-makes-leap-sci-fi-sony-microsoft-n56896

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Hal and a virtual reality future program
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:10:22 pm »
Not one relpy
????

Yes i know Robert doesn't have the money to do anything like this , but was wondering what anyone thought .
  I do wonder though if robert could at some time in the future make something that could work with virtual reality goggles  , imagine people could go on virtual vacations , visit famous museums "not just game stuff but actual Art and places '', go to Disney land on rides and look around and see all around everything a real person would see .( of course this would require something like a google earth type deal plus .  ) But if it could be done the financial implications would be huge !
  I can see something like this being made ( about the vacations use , a 24 hour paid use , paid by credit cards , used on virtual clouds ) and people using it .
 I know i am dreaming but i see many people using these on a wide scale .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:43:54 pm »
Lon,

I recall a VR world many years ago where one could walk (or even float/fly) through and look at lots of different things.
One was a museum where your avatar could visit (you saw through the eyes of your avatar) and view various masterpieces on display.
You could even post one of your photos or artwork in the museum on a particular wall or area, then when you went into the VR world, there on that wall you would see your own work of art posted and virtually hanging for all to see.

One could also interact with other people (avatars) and go to various places together and do all sorts of exploring. THIS was way before Second Life but it was a forerunner of it and so many other knockoffs.

Back when VR was a cool experiment but not quite ready for prime time. Yeah...I'm that old!! We DID have electricity so don't start!! Heh!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:49:54 am »
Yeah but you had to pedal to make it lol Art !!  "Flinstones meet the Flintstones ..their a modern day family!!"