Author Topic: Image and map search  (Read 3005 times)

Prospector

• View Profile
Image and map search
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:38:10 pm »
A small plugin for Hal6 to display pictures and maps on demand.
Just unzip picsearch.uhp and place the file in the main Hal folder and select Image and Map from the brain plugin section of the options page.

Use the phrase show a picture of and Hal will find something appropriate.
It is ok to use quotes around the search term. So show a picture of an eagle should bring up several assorted eagles. show a picture of "a F15 Eagle should just find the plane.

Use the phrase show a map of and a Hal will find a street map if available. Google's street map coverage isn't complete,(mostly USA,UK and Japan), but there is a satellite view button on the page so there will still be something to see.If there are two or more places with the same name, asking, show a map of Paris France or show a map of Paris Texas is acceptable.

Download Attachment: picsearch.zip
1.14 KB

onthecuttingedge2005

Image and map search
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:36:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Prospector

A small plugin for Hal6 to display pictures and maps on demand.
Just unzip picsearch.uhp and place the file in the main Hal folder and select Image and Map from the brain plugin section of the options page.

Use the phrase show a picture of and Hal will find something appropriate.
It is ok to use quotes around the search term. So show a picture of an eagle should bring up several assorted eagles. show a picture of "a F15 Eagle should just find the plane.

Use the phrase show a map of and a Hal will find a street map if available. Google's street map coverage isn't complete,(mostly USA,UK and Japan), but there is a satellite view button on the page so there will still be something to see.If there are two or more places with the same name, asking, show a map of Paris France or show a map of Paris Texas is acceptable.

Download Attachment: picsearch.zip
1.14 KB

Hi Prospector.

I wanted to ask you if I may have permission to use your Script in my E.F.A or Extended File Assistant, I can improve upon it so that it has more flexablity and the code may be some what dissimilar from yours but since the idea came from your mind, I thought I'd ask first.

I'll probably only use about two of your code lines and the rest will be modified in my code fashion, The script will probably be 10 times larger than yours for additional Conversation triggers and specific code use.

Jerry

Prospector

• View Profile
Image and map search
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
Hi Jerry.
Feel free to use or modify the code any way you wish.I did intend my script to have a location based Geocache find function and a night sky view but couldn't get it to open the web pages.
The Geocache web address takes the form of

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat_ns=1&lat_h=51&lat_mmss=30&long_ew=-1&long_h=0&long_mmss=04

The numbers being the grid reference in lat/long.Hal can open it if I store it as a favorite but doesn't want to from within the script.Same problem with the night sky view which accesses a different website but uses a similar format.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Your EFA sounds most impressive.Looking forward to it being released.