Author Topic: Is this forum the liars paradox  (Read 44200 times)

rockershaft

• View Profile
Is this forum the liars paradox
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »
Is the devil it's own creator?
5d30d2c942

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:59:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by rockershaft

Is the devil it's own creator?

You pose a good question rockershaft. Do you cause your own downfall if you desire too much for yourself? God may have created the arch angel that was keeper of the garden of eden but Satan (which means resistor) the Devil (which means slanderer) created himself through his own desires. He was perfect to start with. Thank you for listening my friend.

rockershaft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 08:11:23 pm »
Jack,

Do we Americans know how to do it because we learned how to get it done?

Thanks, friend

Paul
5d30d2c942

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:02 pm »
Jack glad your back on the forums.[:D]
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 08:42:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

Jack glad your back on the forums.[:D]

rockershaft, please explain further, Palerider, yes I'm back online for now. Glad you noticed buddy.

rockershaft

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:45:10 pm »
Jack,

Do they play bagpipes in the midwest?
5d30d2c942

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:48:58 pm »
quote:

Jack,

Do they play bagpipes in the midwest?

Only if they know the tune my friend.[:D]

rockershaft

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »
Well they sure make good Celtics even in Boston.
5d30d2c942

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 03:57:38 am »
quote:

Well they sure make good Celtics even in Boston.

Just don't see what that has to do with the Devil? But you have a good day my friend.

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 05:41:44 am »
The Devil comes as a roaring lion in the night, watch he does not devour you.
Doesn't it say something like that in the scriptures. It's been a while since I've read the Bible, so my quote might not be word for word.
Another is, he comes as a wolf in sheep's clothing.
These describe the ease of falling from the path of righteousness and love into the ways of self indulgence, greed and hate.
Doesn't that paint a picture of the world we live in today? With our electronic gadgets and advertisements telling us to constantly indulge ourselves because you are worth it. It appears many have been devoured by that lion in the darkness of their empty lives.
Roy.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:39:51 pm »
It is easy to get caught up in this world's materialistic ways. But the key to avoiding this is to be happy with what God provides. There is always something better and faster on the market that is going to make what you have look (in your eyes) like crap. But does it still serve it's purpose, or is it not working any longer? That is what divides the needs from the wants. That is just one of Satans tools. Afterall he is the father of the lie. Thanks for listening.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46:52 pm »
What is a paradox?? 2 physicians.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 02:15:22 pm »
I have recently been doing a study about the constant theme in the lies of Satan. From the original Lie to the modern heresies of Christianity, Satan does his more devious work by telling us that we can do things of ourselves which will earn Eternal Reward.

The Adamic Story highlights Satan's primary attempt to promulgate this lie, but it's basis is even earlier. It is, in fact, the lie Satan told himself, the inherent self-deception that caused his rebellion.

Satan believed that he, a created being, should be elevated to the ranks of the Creator as a result of his exemplary skills and service. He was wrong, he rebelled, and his rebellion caused his downfall. He was not so much expelled as he was repelled. Those who are not lifted by God cannot reach God, and Satan refuses to be lifted. He believes he can do it himself.

In his pride, Satan believed he could remake God's creations, the emergent humans, improving them by teaching them to attain Eternity themselves. He was wrong. Those who are not lifted by God cannot reach God, and those in Eden were tricked into believing they could lift themselves by their own efforts. That lie has never been completely eradicated.

Later, Satan tricked the Jews into thinking that they could rule themselves, tried to trick Jesus into rebellion, and spawned the many Heresies of Christianity which teach that by certain actions they can earn Heaven. A faily popular one right now teaches that only those who are baptized using a certain ritual evocation are "true Christians" - in other words, that they can require God to save them by dint of their own special code - that they can earn Salvation, which then God must give them as their legal right. As if God were a vending machine which only their secret coin could operate.

But Jesus and the Early Christians were clear and specific in their assertion that God gives Salvation as a gift, and that not one of us earns it nor can earn it, lest any man boast.

The lie shows up quite often, both in Christians and non-Christians. I can't tell you how many times someone has said to me that they don't need to be a Christain to be a good person, as if being a good person was the goal. Christianity is not a behavior modification program. Good behavior, if it happens, happens because the Saved person wants to behave better to honor God. God will help us with that, but it is not the goal.

Salvation is the goal - being saved from the lie of Satan. So that when the time comes to approach God, we are ready and willing to be lifted by God. Because, as finite creatures, the only way to reach infinity is for infinity to reach us.

Thus endeth the sermon.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:18:37 pm by Bill DeWitt »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 06:31:24 pm »
Well stated, my friend!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 06:45:58 pm »
That is pretty deep. [:0]

Awesome.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"