Author Topic: Is this forum the liars paradox  (Read 44204 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Is this forum the liars paradox
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 06:17:57 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Bows to the forum gods!

You don't have to bow to me, just send gold offerings and sing hosannas to my name.
quote:
sorry about the capital A in agnostics,

Oh, that's just my way of making a distinction between those who just admit they don't know, and those who make a big issue about how they don't know and how they believe it is impossible for anyone to know.

You know, those fanatic fundamentalist type Agnostics... [8D]

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:22 pm »
Have to goto to bed now. You people are so lucky living across there in the past being able to live now those 6 hours I've just wasted...hahahaha

Good night and enjoy,

Roy.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 07:21:45 pm »
I don't know anything about what is true or not. (when it comes to religion) I used to have faith, but it has diminished over the years.
I realized the only one I can depend on is myself.

I am not saying I am an atheist, but I don't consider myself a strong believer. I do want to believe, but it's hard. I guess Satan's plan is working, huh?[V]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:23:36 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:50 pm »
Bill,
 If it wasn't God's primary purpose for creating man and woman perfect, to live on the earth forever, why did he create them perfect to live forever? It was to get praise from and take care of a lower type of creation that was in His image. This statement only makes sense if you think about it without a haughty attitude. When Adam & Eve sinned why were they kicked out of the Garden of Eden? It was because they lost the perfect component that God had given them to live forever. Just like a dented cake pan all they could produce was dented or imperfect humans. This sin that caused death just got worse decade by decade until what we see now just appauls us. And why is sin so bad now (just about as bad as before the flood) that we can't even walk down the street without fear of something happening to us? It is because something is soon to take place just like the flood. (only not a flood)All of this was caused by the Devil, so be mad at him not me. All that info is in the Bible, pick it up, it's a good book if you can understand it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:49:55 pm by jackgephart »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 07:55:36 pm »
I consider myself 'lucky' and that is it, period.

Sincerely Agnostic
Jerry[8D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 08:18:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart
 If it wasn't God's primary purpose

I don't pretend to know what God's primary purpose is or is not. I guess that's for those less "haughty" than I.

And I am not angry, why should I be? Your personal interpretation of the Bible doesn't threaten mine. I first studied a similar interpretation (Pentecostal Holiness) almost 30 years ago and it didn't make me mad then either.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 09:03:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
 If it wasn't God's primary purpose

I don't pretend to know what God's primary purpose is or is not. I guess that's for those less "haughty" than I.

And I am not angry, why should I be? Your personal interpretation of the Bible doesn't threaten mine. I first studied a similar interpretation (Pentecostal Holiness) almost 30 years ago and it didn't make me mad then either.

I didn't say that you were haughty I said that a person or "you" would have to not feel haughty when contimplating God's original purpose.
Good, I hate it when people kill the messenger. My friend we will agree to disagree and move on to a not so wide ranged subject. I had fun. That's what it is all about.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:06:20 pm by jackgephart »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »
quote:
I didn't say that you were haughty

- and I didn't say that you said that I said that you said that... wait a minute...

Many religions believe as you do, Catholics, Islamics and Mormons amoung them. I would never expect you to reconsider based upon my personal beliefs. All I do is express myself, and if anyone asks, express myself more clearly.

ramccoid

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 03:11:12 am »
Hey! Do you all wait until I goto bed before all the discussions start....hahahaha

Roy.

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 05:07:56 am »
Cool then we are done here. You are right Bill, many religions try to understand the deep things of God but without opening a Bible at church it is hard to get the meanings of things. I was going to this unnamed church and I was reaching the point of baptism (eye dropper full of water thing) and I was asking smart questions because I was really wanting to learn. They told me to stop asking questions and just learn what they wanted me to learn. I left shortly there after.
JW's came to my door, I asked the same questions, got real truthful understandable answers, and 12 years later I am still one. JW's are quit different from all other religions in that we use the Bible at every meeting, study the same info all around the globe, and believe that Jesus is God's son not God's himself. I gotta go to work or I'd probably say more. Have a good day Bill and all you other posters.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 06:18:35 am »
IMHO, I think churches are full of hypocrites. Remember "Love thy neighbor"?? Well, I've been to a couple churches, and every one ignored me and my father and brother. We even asked someone a question and he ignored us.

I am not going to step foot in a church again, unless it's for a wedding or funeral.

And what about the "translations" of the Bible?? Some people tend to interpret the Bible to fit their own personal beliefs and agenda.

How do you know that what the preacher says is an accurate translation of the words in the Bible?? I believe a person needs to read the bible for themselves, and find out the meanings for themselves.

However, one should not try to force his/her beliefs or translations of the Bible on others.

And again, the hypocrites: They dress in their Sunday best, put on a show in church that they are willing to follow the teachings, and then  as soon as they go out the door, they start gossiping about people, and going back to sinning.

I admit, I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I don't gossip or put other people down because of their appearance, or background.

But I cannot go to where the hypocrites go. I'd rather study the Bible at home.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 08:53:19 am »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

IMHO, I think churches are full of hypocrites.

I have never met anyone who is not a hypocrite at some level, which means that Churches, bars, schools and laundrymats, if they are full, must be full of hypocrites.

Satan wants you to think that Churches don't work unless every person in them meets the impossible standard he sets for Christians.

IMO, Churches should be the place where people gather to share the worshipping of God. The doctrines of modern Christianity (and other religions) has made them into places where people are taught to think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

The Church I sometimes go to even makes a distinction between those who believe in one type of Creation and those who believe in a slightly different version. God help me if they ever find out that I believe that God may have (or may not have) used Evolution as one of His methods of Creating our current world!

I can't be a Christian unless I believe in the precisely correct version of a symbolic rendition of a certain event. Never mind that Christ told us what will Save us, in clear words. People have to add things and retranslate things and make it into a ritual and exclude as many people as possible. Makes them feel special I guess. Satan is happy.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 09:04:56 am »
quote:
 JW's are quit different from all other religions in that we use the Bible at every meeting

You may need to get out more, many religions use the Bible at every meeting. Not the special edited one you may be familiar with, but the common Bible.

I even spent some time at a Church where no-one said anything except what they read out of the Bible. It was fun in some ways, to know that no-one was injecting their opinion. They just started at the beginning, read the whole thing, chapter by chapter, week by week, and then started over again. People took turns, I seemed to always get those long "begat" chapters...

Personally, I prefer that Church be reserved for Worship, and maybe a nice Wednesday night meeting for teaching.

ramccoid

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 09:29:57 am »
I've noticed that about JWs, they don't like to read from the Holy Bible, only from their specially edited version which makes scriptures not sound the way the original does.
Doesn't it say 'Woe be to him who changes or alters the word' or something like that.

Roy.

Maybe in the JW book it doesn't now .... hahaha
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:24:25 am by ramccoid »

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:33 am »
Most of people I know (I mean me, on this bad side of the Atlantic)

- are living as agnostics, perhaps because all the holy books (they never read) were written by humans

- become atheist when something unjust and painful happens in their life

- but always remember they are baptized and believe in God, when they have a little service to ask him (or is it just superstition?)

Most of people I know. Maybe I need to meet other people. [:)]
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!