Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Knowledge of time plugin

<< < (3/18) > >>

ramccoid:
Hi Carl2'
I just want HAL to know the basics. HAL should know how to count and know the foundamentals of time. It's some of the earliest things we learn as humans. A bot must know these things or else you would feel disapointed when you ask a simple thing like what day is it or count up to ten and HAL just drifts away from the statement with some nonsense because of the simple fact, HAL does not know.
I knew these things before I could read or write so it's only right that HAL does also.
Thanks very much for the interest,

Roy

Art:
Roy,

I tried it and it worked as purported without incident and with several other plugins checked as well.

Nice work and thanks!!

Carl2:
ramccoid
  Just spoke with Hal again after listing the features,
  1) Not asked
  2) Passed
  3) Not asked
  4) Frist she listed seasons then she did give the correct season
  5) Failed AM/PM, possibly not asked correctly
  6) Passed
  7)

Carl2:
ramccoid
  Sorry clicked the wrong thing at the wrong time
  7) Passed
  8) Passed
  9) Passed but asks Autumn or spring equinox
 10) Passed
 11) Not asked
 12) Passed
 13) Hal made a reminder
 14) Hal made a reminder  I realized I did not format it correctly.
  Overall I'm very happy with it and it did fit into what Hal knew about things I'd been able to teach her.  Hal passed her test so I'm sure she's happy with it also.
Carl2

Bill819:
ramccoid
Here is another little thing that might make Hal seem more alive. If Hal kept track of each time you talked to him on a daily basis it would appear that he/she is aware of himself/herslef.
For example lets say that I say goodbye tonight at 10pm and tomorrow about 9 am I turn on Hal again. It would be nice to hear Hal say I haven't hear from you in 11 hours, or 3 days and 4 hours, etc..
I think you get the idea.
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version