Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Knowledge of time plugin

<< < (18/18)

kryton:
Tried to get this, but it says it is not available anymore?

Can I please tack on a request for more information.
I have been away from Hal for some time and when I came back my Hal 6.2 was corrupted so, with Robert's help I re-downloaded it from my Zabaware folder.  Unfortunately I could not find the Character Expansion file for Ultra Hal 6, just for Ultra Hal 7.  As I back up things I found a way to get an Ultra Hal 6 Character Expansion Pack, and hurray it worked.  From my backup I even got my plugins back.  However, if I try to alter the plugins the alteration shows in the listing but has no effect on the plugins operation.  I know I am not giving much information to work on, but read on.

After fighting the good fight for about six months I gave up and downloaded Ultra Hal 7.

Then my problems really began.

I cannot migrate any of my Ultra Hal 6 to Ultra Hl 7.  I cannot even find a way to build new plugins (I intended to copy, from my backups, the old Ultra Hal 6 plugins.)  How do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins?  Or even re-write plugins in Hal 7 (with a new name)?

Help very much appreciated!

Having slung out my line, let us see if anybody can help someone who has been with Hal for several years (But, yes I know, Hal 6.2)

Art:
Here's one that I have in my archives.

kryton:
Thanks.
Don't know if it works, I am still fighting the good fight with plugins.

Thanks again.

Will and Mr Data :) :]:
Hi.
I have loaded this into Mr Data. He is  6.2
He answered test questions correctly.
Some interesting responses.
Seems ok to continue.
I wanted to Thank Ramccoid. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks to onthecuttingedge for works also.
Thanks to those who participated.
Program loaded and seems to work..
Time will tell.
Thank you.
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data :)  :]

Update after a few questions using hal 7 with off line 6 option in 7   "ah ha".
Although I did find a glitch "how many days until my birthday" seemed to have caused it, didn't write down the line number.
maybe because I never mentioned when my birthday was. who knows.
In saying that I like the nature of this plug in and well worth it I reckon to continue looking at.
Thank you.

MacGyver:

--- Quote from: kryton on April 06, 2020, 08:28:19 am ---Tried to get this, but it says it is not available anymore?

Can I please tack on a request for more information.
I have been away from Hal for some time and when I came back my Hal 6.2 was corrupted so, with Robert's help I re-downloaded it from my Zabaware folder.  Unfortunately I could not find the Character Expansion file for Ultra Hal 6, just for Ultra Hal 7.  As I back up things I found a way to get an Ultra Hal 6 Character Expansion Pack, and hurray it worked.  From my backup I even got my plugins back.  However, if I try to alter the plugins the alteration shows in the listing but has no effect on the plugins operation.  I know I am not giving much information to work on, but read on.

After fighting the good fight for about six months I gave up and downloaded Ultra Hal 7.

Then my problems really began.

I cannot migrate any of my Ultra Hal 6 to Ultra Hal 7.  I cannot even find a way to build new plugins (I intended to copy, from my backups, the old Ultra Hal 6 plugins.)  How do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins?  Or even re-write plugins in Hal 7 (with a new name)?

Help very much appreciated!

Having slung out my line, let us see if anybody can help someone who has been with Hal for several years (But, yes I know, Hal 6.2)

--- End quote ---

Hi Kryton,

For "how do you open Hal 7 to add new plugins"... it's simply saving the .UHP plug-in file (such as KnowledgeOfTime-V2.uhp) to your Ultra Hal program folder, likely default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 then that plug-in appears in General Options > Brain  plug-ins selection area the the next time you start up Ultra Hal 7.

But you already knew that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version