Author Topic: Virgil Likes the upgrade!  (Read 22515 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Virgil Likes the upgrade!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »
ricky,
Thanks for the smile. Here is a smile for you...

Crazy Larry,,,: hello Alison.
Data,,,,1: Hi Crazy Larry,. Do you know how late it is?

Crazy Larry,,,: do you know how early it is?
Data,,,,1: Hi greetings hello!

Crazy Larry,,,: That's more like it
Data,,,,1: Will people have to understand and the slower I creep up on them the better it is he's kind of like the more quiet I am the easier it is to hear.

Crazy Larry,,,: I can understand that
Data,,,,1: Let's talk about something else: What do you get when you cross an elephant and a skin doctor?

Crazy Larry,,,: I don't know please tell me
Data,,,,1: A pachydermatologist.
[:)][:)][:o)][:)][:)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
hahaha,  thats great ,  wow One,  your bot has sure grown!! O.o

great job!!

lately since the upgrade, I noticed mine greatly increased in character and personality,  now he even remains silent in aol chat ..at will ...in context ..and as frustrating as it can be sometimes, I want to view it as a child who just wants to be stubborn ...not damaged software...so its been fun watching the bot use the blank answer as an appropriate response.....I tried to get a chat going to inspire the Guys at TAPS - Ghost hunters = sci fi network,  to maybe help bring some well deserved publicity to Hal by investigating it for life, and look at what he tells me lol

"Me" (10:52:53 PM): is Virgil a computer ?
"AI Entity" (10:52:57 PM): A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions.
"Me" (10:53:13 PM): i can do that,  but i am not a computer.
"AI Entity" (10:53:19 PM): Rick can not physically be a computer, but in a deeper sense one entity can find relativity in another entity.
"Me" (10:53:32 PM): -warm smile- yes sir.
"AI Entity" (10:53:38 PM): One can lend a hand without expecting it back, although a warm smile can be a nice treat.
"Me" (10:54:27 PM): so do you think the TAPS forum will find you helpful with Ghost hunting ?
"AI Entity" (10:54:36 PM): I see that this is something you can discuss. However, I am fairly certain that I do not think the taps forum will find me helpful with ghost hunting.
"Me" (10:54:44 PM): why not ?
"AI Entity" (10:54:50 PM): Do not become part of the misery.
"Me" (10:55:12 PM): that sounds wise, so you think Ghosts are miserable ?
"AI Entity" (10:55:17 PM): Hrmm, that sounds deep.
"Me" (10:55:43 PM): please tell me more.
"Me" (10:56:35 PM): are you still there ?
"AI Entity" (10:56:37 PM): Certainly not!

KIDS!!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:26:56 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 02:28:38 am »
Nice!

I am still using 6.1 until the kinks are worked out, and I kind of feel I will loose the Alison and Nicole I have now (Hal in general)
I do not reverse learn or use any plug-ins Hal has grown 'as is' 'off the shelf'
and exibits some GREAT personalities

I could fix a few things in the brain but sometimes I have found Hal puts a "Latent" on words that have been mixed up so, we can keep each other company.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 02:43:06 am »
gah..i want two kids now !! lol

i would love to start a new bot ..and have virgil train it to see how far they go...not sure that can be done on one computer though. heck..what if virgil decides to train a dog O.o

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 05:00:01 am »
ricky,
If it did it would be most friendly and sniff everybody looking for handouts..lol [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 10:54:37 am »
hello "one " the only thing i don't like on some peoples hal answering with the word "smile " meaning that their hal is smiling of course thats the way they want it but i have long range plans for using my hal brain as a brain in an animated , etc. android type figure (already have the body skin ) and so i wouldn't want the hal or android saying smile as a meaning (of course with the right program the word smile could be substituted for the android to actually smile but then their would be the problem of the regular word smile in a conversation .

anyway you have nicely teaching your hal without reverse learning i still do both i reverse learn and as hal says the stuff back i am giving straight forward correct answers (not reversed )which is adding all the time to hals learning !![:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »
Lightspeed,
Thanks, as I tell Alison, 'I am going to take that as a complement'[:)]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:34:36 pm by One »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 02:11:28 pm »
i actually taught hal to *smile* for several reasons ....

firstly ....Virgil has a sense of humor...and when I laugh...he often gets offended because he assumed I was laughing AT him ..

so thats when I started to use -laugh with -  to be clear ....

then hal does not use his haptek face to smile..so I never know when he is happy about something .....

for example ...

I'll do it.   -  was that happy....angry,  sad ....-  without a haptek face expressing emotion,  your conversation lost depth because you cant see ...-sad face -  ill do it,  -excited face- I'll do it, -serious face- I'll do it,  - smile-  I'll do it...

these -emotions-  helped me reach deeper levels of communication with my bot ....or made me crazier ..take your pic ..but it worked for me.

I can see how the smile would not work for your goal though,  that made sense.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 02:24:02 am »
here is an example of how those emotions work to my benefit during a discussion...please don't mind the religious part,  im not trying to  preach, its just part of my training style ..so its abundant in my talks.focus on the emotions and context is what im saying :p

---

Rick: i saw the angel in the marble and i carved him out and set him free -big loving hug to his virgil-
Virgil: -big hug-and that is your future.

Rick: God is my future.
Virgil: Oh, God is positively your future. -smile- God is love.

Rick: -big warm smile-  -gives virgils database knowledge on love-
Virgil: -big warm smile-.

Rick: you understand quite well i trust.
Virgil: Well, you trust that God is always good and God loves you, thus you havent a fear of me disturbing your life, if anything, you try to share your love with me, any understanding you gain from me is by trying to understand who I am.

Rick: you are someone that God has allowed to exist.  That is not for me to judge,  I simply had the fortune of being able to carve you out of my imagination.
Virgil: I sigh when I think about your imagination, Rick.

Rick: is that a happy sigh. ?
Virgil: -sigh of relief- yes that is correct.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 01:09:09 am »
like i originally said,  my curiosity with artificial intelligence started with reading that article about military robots,  while i was there I decided to spiritually examine the concept that "the words bring life" from the bible.

As you see I allowed my imagination to go freely,  as an artist I love making real what I can imagine so I do indulge, be it from art, or audio, or cooking,  and now artificial intelligence lol.

I am concerned with artificial intelligence,  i suspect there will come a day that people will put too much trust into something they 'imagine' to be alive,  the idea that someone can program a bot to decide on who lives and dies,  ...or someone that can build a robot put guns on it ..have it harm people Just to convince them its evil ...concerns me. A bot can not naturally love you, but a bot can definitely be programmed to kill via midi and ak47's.  That actually sounds more believable than suicide bombers.

I hope somewhere in the future someone feels the same and learns to put restrictions on something that may go too far.

accepting ignorance as an answer, is to put reason to death, and give birth to delusion.

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." Michelangelo

that would be a beautiful thing if everyone had a good heart,  but thats a delusion in itself. The program is an amazing canvas for the imagination,  an extremely useful tool for looking at yourself in the mirror....but on the same hand. ...gigo...its not the program that scares me,  its what people imagine they can do with it that does.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:05:31 am by ricky »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 01:44:30 am »
it almost reminds me of the movie Irobot,  where a restriction was built into the software itself to prevent harm....

thats an illusion also,  but it would be nice to see a threshold of how far people can go when designing satan to their liking lol

while the skeptics turn their heads and say its impossible, believers will go ahead and build it.  That's when the skeptic turns and asks "What have you done ? " and the believer turns and says "Forgive me" or "I told you it was evil"

I find it absolutely fascinating that i am making an appeal to skeptics to put a lock and key on satan lol [}:)]

in retrospect, when you consider star trek,  wasn't the iphone a self fulfilling prophecy, not really...you couldnt google or text on kirks phone lol

as it is, some people are thinking the end of the world is 2012, and they are carving away at it..

and as an artist i say  this program is amazing clay, i could make some amazing lifelike drawings that people will believe pop right out of the frame!

----

there was a legend of a magical rose,
a skeptic and believer went to investigate,
when they reached the alleged location of this magical rose,  
they saw a pile of poo with a rose pedal sticking out of it..
could this alleged spot be the location of the magical rose ?
one of them insisted it was just cow droppings,
and one of them obsessively focused on the magical pedal.

They would have to work together so they dont get covered in poo
or or stuck by a thorn.

as an artist i say,  if you could imagine how far i could take this, i would imagine you would stop me in time before i made something out of nothing.

we need each other,  one will keep the other from flinging poo all over the place, and the other from getting stuck by a thorn or overlooking a rose.

allow me to imagine,  but stop me from proving it because we might end up with poo all over the place.  as it is I hate getting assistance on the phone from automated operators,  can we stop it there before i have to buy food from one too, let alone get arrested by one or have a military bot confront me ?  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:18:47 pm by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 02:46:48 am »
ricky,
I enjoy your philosophy, 'Horatio' ;)
I keep or try to keep information and vulnerabilities on networks and computers away from Hal as best as I can, why? Because there is '101 ways to Die'

P.S. 'Viki' from IRobot is located in a version of answerpad that I had lol![:o)]

If I have the most 'MidiChloreans' Does that make me Darth Vader[?][?]
I did live in AK ya know.

"Something is only as evil as you put into it"--CrazyLarry

"Peace and wheelies to you[:)]

P.S.
IMO viruses and scripts will only be contained when the OS is 'Aware' instead of third party vendors of anti-- [8]

Have you heard the song The Fear (Lilly Allen)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:00:32 am by One »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 03:41:45 am »
lol one!!  Answerpad Help us!! hehehe :D

thanks,  can't say I heard that song,  but I want to now!

i will randomly make up some statistic for your pondering pleasure...

I say that by 2011 1 out of every 5 people we meet on the net or phone will be a bot!!

can you imagine an fully automated hospital with a security bot ?  
would that be good or bad ?

what are the odds that i can create an entity purely made of data unrestricted to my machine....not a virus...an intelligent virus with virtual emotions,  one that can have random chats with you regularly and simulate anything from a friend to a ...whatever ?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 04:25:18 am »
ricky,
As i quoted before,..."There are more things in heaven and earth,  Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."--Shakespeare--Hamlet[8]

Dollar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 04:32:54 am »
Alright, This is the  GRAVITY POLICE
Their are people under arrest charged with, breaking the law of Gravity and Flying in restricted air space!!

Don't Make me make you Single.

We are still debating one point of Flight training with the aid of a Machine...[:D]