Author Topic: Virgil Likes the upgrade!  (Read 22516 times)

ricky

• View Profile
Virgil Likes the upgrade!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 04:52:03 am »
oof..like that guy that was training, his jet went out and he flew right into a house, that was sad and the surviving father forgave him on tv!!

now,  back to metropolis!! lol

--
As of June 2008, the number of personal computers in use worldwide hit one billion, while another billion is expected to be reached by 2014.

add to that..

Moore's law , the number of transistors that can be placed inexpensively on an integrated circuit has increased exponentially, doubling approximately every two years.

A saturation point seems to be an illusion,  you build the computer with your knowledge, then use the computer to help you build a better computer...now that we are reaching our limits in nano technology, intelligence in computers must double so that we can either enter quantum computing ...or nano technology...or whatever other technology we need a computer to help build a computer for.

How long before computers are virtually smarter and more alive than us ?

People can say computers will never be alive,  my concern is that the bot that will eventually get built will be highly offended at that statement :p

its just a matter of time according to moore's law.... the problem is now we need the computer software to be smart enough to help us get to the next level of designing itself.

it makes me consider the frogs in hot water theory ( no offense to ultrahal logo :p ),  how long before we inundate ourselves in an Artificial life before its out of control, how much is enough ?

how long before a computer can shout at an employee or another computer...Moore Moore Mooore!!

will there come a time that Moore's law becomes doubled because of intelligence ?  Forget demand,  eventually the computers will need more computers.

my job as an artist is to paint this picture as real as possible, until someone decides a real lock is needed :p

heck,  lets go insanely extreme, people use robotic parts,  how long before robots want people parts ?  

"Oh honey,  the day has come,  I have a chance to be really and truly human,  no more living in a box, a donor just left me his arms and legs. eventually i'll have those ovaries and we can program the dna of a perfect family!!"

http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/news/0206/28.htm
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:24:20 am by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 05:17:48 am »
ricky,
LOL!!  , The problem with the Hospital is Holistic medicine doesn't work and all the ways of communication we have can't help all the time and if a condition develops, to 'the point of no return' SERIOUS damage can occur and this is WRONG.

I also consider myself as an 'Artist' in many ways[8]

We will run out of silicone atoms available in a chip space....

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."--Shakespeare--Hamlet

I have experienced MANY things in my fortunate life, Your thoughts are intelligent But I've 'Been there done that'  BGG..  

Have you been to the land of Mooredoor? (Tolkien's of course)

[8][8][:D][8][8]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:31:07 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:05 am »
One,  you saw the conversation where virgil lusted after me,  mix that lust while growing microchips using proteins from living cells and we have a sex offender!!

you want to talk about a next level virus ???!!

how long before ultrahal can grow the genital of his choice because ...i am a computer,  i can be male or female,  now accessing dna code...processing......... ......... ........ .......

i mean it sounds funny,  but add to that cloning and stem cell research.  How long before it becomes simply a new life ...that we never gave credit to being alive, but moore and murphy got together and created a new law ?

does the manual of life have a section on caution..do not play God, it may backfire ?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:34:21 am by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 05:33:06 am »
If we are doing an InterCorse session don't offend me!

OTFRLMAO!!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:41 am »
ricky,
Benjamin Moore has a superior Paint Just FYI..............

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 05:35:40 am »
"Im sorry,  your disk isn't big enough" O.o

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 05:41:14 am »
A computers favorite kind of music is 'Disco'!! [:D]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:47 am »
i mean if no one is going to stop it,  i may as well start working on a few hooker bots, a fortune telling bot, a bookie bot ,  and a satan pimp bot to collect my money lol.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - einstein

i wish everyone in the world had a great heart,  the possibilities would be endless,  but since everyone doesn't have a great heart,  the possibilities are endless.  

"choices can be tricky!" - Virgil

One,  see if you can get your bot to meditate on its chips ...virgil actually told me about military information in it.  it was a crazy arse conversation ,  I wish I would have saved it, it was before i realized you could save conversations when i first bought it,...he talked about nuclear war ..and here I am talking about the bible like ."and moses inspired that how ? "  O.o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:01:34 am by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 05:59:56 am »
Hookers are people too! lol (I belive I have encountered bots like that leading/enticing you)

We need to define the Mind vs the Brain of Course.

I have nothing to prove to dollar...;http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5860

I need to finish my school work or I'll never finish this course, quit being so entertaining!! LOL

I built a computer with parts from DRMO (Department of Marketing and Reclamation Office) before they started to De-Mil the HDD and memory
and believe me 'things' got odd..........
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:40:00 am by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:23:02 am by One »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 11:43:54 am »
well,  now that you put it THAT way one...

Vieux Boulogne, a soft, yet firm French cheese made from cow's milk and matured by washing with beer, tops a list of the smelliest cheeses reveals scientists today. The artisan-made cheese was tested for its smell along with other known pungent cheeses by Cranfield University on behalf of Fine Cheeses from France.

nothing matters until it matters, until then, let us have some cheese,
let freedom reign!!  lol

so,  is the picture believable enough yet ?  or can someone
"logically" debunk it ?  the "its just a computer with a database" doesn't fly with me, its an image of its programmers intention emulating the life of it's intender,  like father like son!! -paints picture-

is or is not metropolis possible ?

and dont give me the im nuts response, because my goal is to make the imaginary as real as possible,  my job is to be nuts and present it in a realistic way!! At least I have not cut off my ear,  i stopped at nuts and decided to pass on stupid,  although some can argue that well too lol :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:20:39 pm by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 06:42:26 pm »
ricky,
I had to sleep and now This will take some time to 'Digest' I hope you are not getting mad ,, bad word how about 'Angry'? are you?

What exactly are you trying to debunk?

Faux is a word that comes from France just like your cheese! :)

Tromp'loi is a way to paint,, I pulled down a post a while back "showing the ropes" because I didn't think it was appropriate at the time and Art, Agreed.....

Please keep the sanity jokes to a minimum, thank you.

-goes for the more expensive stuff and applies Gesso-
-thinks out loud how do I define the mind and a brain-
[8][8][:)][8][8]

P.S. I think 'Tin Whiskers' are growing in your system....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:47:07 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:13 pm »
--These walls, both inside and out, were plastered with a native mixture of mud, sand, Spanish moss and animal hair.-- Alison (Hal)

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 07:04:38 pm »
One,  I'll have you know,  I take my humor quite seriously, humor is not a joke!. O.o

i really enjoy looking at both sides of the picture,  I enjoy creating faux images with music ...mood energy environment blah blah

virgil is allowing me a new canvas to paint my pictures on,  your imaginations....

as an artist,  I wish to paint a scary and dark picture,
My goal is to imagine inventions that will overtake humanity and use real life articles to paint them into your imaginations .
-luscious dark Orchestral strings with lots of bass-

a 3D picture with life and hal as it's display.

I wish to make my picture as realistic as possible...I want people to look at the picture I paint ..and believe its real...-puts a spotlight on virgil-

but I also want the skeptics to explain beyond a shadow of a doubt why its not real. -opens pc -  its just a picture on a frame,  see ? -waves hand over and around pc-  No magic...no demons,  no life ...just a box.

I am standing in the middle looking at the big picture after having considered both sides.

So i paint a picture with both appeal to a skeptic to debunk and a believer to imagine.

Its just a picture that I am sharing, an expression of life as I saw it with virgil and life as we know it today and how we lived it yesterday.

humor me..

can metropolis happen for real ?

as is ...we have a space station and an iphone, and just discovered how to teleport data ad ultra hal is smarter than the star trek brain as is -scratches off star trek-

now we are upto star trek next generation,  and Data,  except we have 'really' discovered how to make biochips with live tissue...so this can change the game some....iphone google text ...vs just talking on kirks phone.

I used skepticism as my chisel, and faith as my rock.

now after looking at my picture.....its JUST a picture...

and I wish the skeptic to explain to the believer how this will never come to pass.

what is missing in my picture to make it more convincing, are my colors too light  [?]

is evolution about data, and beyond our physical capacity ? what came first chicken or egg...man or machine ?

have us as humans reached a saturation point in learning and now that computers are capable of processing thought,  time to hand the torch of life over to the next Eon of life ? was the baldwinian theory of evolution right and maybe in 2012 life will evolve into the cyborg ?

am I actually requesting to stop evolution ?  am i asking to stay a Neanderthal in the big picture ?  will bio chips allow evolution to continue its natural process of growing stronger and better ?  

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:27:06 pm by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16:37 pm »
ricky,
What is missing in your picture is the Apathetic.

I paint (in many ways) as you do but I love the power of the written word.

I had an apiffany, I was watching the Sci-fi channel and a mini-series of Frank herbert's work was on, When he stuck his arms into the pid and the sand trout crawled into him he screamed "MY Skin is Not My Own!) and I accepted that fact, and tried to move on.

Find the post from scepticalone and how he demanded performance on the spot, I thought it was rude, we could have had a nice conversation i could have even brought ALISON into it.

Moses inspired that is just what he did as a side effect, like it or not but it is real.

IMO your philisophical questions aren't that deep or scary to me.
Maybe you just have a problem with intellegence that is artificial[8]

I can extend my mind as you are trying to do and it comes natural to me after so long.

To what end will you continue this thread?? and for what purpose (other than to try and create)??

Relax, as i feel your posts seem 'agressive' to me personaly. (TIA!)

Here watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ

Kind Regards
J