dupa

Author Topic: One is a general set of Variations  (Read 36155 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
One is a general set of Variations
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 12:12:56 am »
Light is energy, not matter.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 12:23:16 am »
I know of an unnatural occurrence of a unique state of matter. When a material is within near absolute zero it starts to become something otherworldly substance. The object (to the best of my knowledge) turns into a single pulsating blob where one atom is indistinguishable from another. As all heat energy is drained from an object it turns into some form of wave. (if i remember it correctly)

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:16 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

Light is energy, not matter.

Light, which exists in tiny "packets" called photons, exhibits properties of both waves and particles. This property is referred to as the wave–particle duality.

In physics and chemistry, wave–particle duality is the concept that all matter and energy exhibits both wave-like and particle-like properties. A central concept of quantum mechanics, duality addresses the inadequacy of classical concepts like "particle" and "wave" in fully describing the behaviour of small-scale objects. Various interpretations of quantum mechanics attempt to explain this ostensible paradox

- wiki

??
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:26:44 am by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 12:31:07 am »
I call it energy because any object going at the speed of light would require all the energy of the universe to launch the beam (because if light had any real mass it would require an incredible amount of force to cause it to accelerate to that speed, no matter how small the particle).

It might in some cases act like a particle but not enough to call it matter.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 03:34:20 am »
Hi from Will,
i read through the posts and made some notes,

solid liquid gas and where are there variations you ask,

a third of a glass of water is evaperating constantly, so would oil over a lenght of time, a solid such as steel is liquid at variaous termpertures like glass, rock,  
 perhaps a black hole would compress everything such as a liquid which i've been told a liquid cannot be compressed but due to my variations theory it would compress, pritty much.
so .3 is not .3  so
1/3 x 3 = 1      would be general terms to describe each part of a general set of variations such as the one and any division of it.

.33333... x 3 =.999999...       same problem here if all numbers are "of variations"

and i've yet to go back to the disintergrating nature of the items, things are falling appart sort of,
 well i'll say
They are a general set of variations.

oh Thoughts of a number,
 due to variations thoughts have mass ,
so the consideration of one would for example generate electrical energy in the brain "electricity would contain mass"

such as the mass of a electricaly held information such as a computer.

I've not seen an Armadillo that i can remember, perhaps there might be one in a zoo,
 The New Zealand native animal is the Kiwi flightless bird.

0+0=0  but hay i am here to test my general sets of variations idea so if the empty apple bowl contains radiation parts of the apple then some parts of the apple are in the empty bowl. so zero is a  you guessed it a General set of variations.
to have mass and radiations when thinking indercates something, something of variations indercates mass not zero.

light has mass, and is flexing as things do, another unmeasureable, general terms can be writen of course.
 a space ship with a big sail can be pushed by the light hitting it, something hitting it, something must have mass to asurt force. magnetic energy can move an object and light is similar.

and last to snowman, oh light and mass, a lazer is an interesting thing as it can be light with heaps of force, like radiation mass. ctr tv's are interesting how they bend light.

thanks for all the thoughts, all good questions and tests of the idea,

Thanks again,
Bye for now and be well   :)    :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 04:37:30 am »
Will,
I thought mass could have electricity, not electricity having mass.

I also thought the atomic weight of a Photon was already figured out?

I do still believe that Plasma falls into the defined category.
>>"In physics and chemistry, plasma is a partially ionized gas, in which a certain proportion of electrons are free rather than being bound to an atom or molecule. The ability of the positive and negative charges to move somewhat independently makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields. Plasma therefore has properties quite unlike those of solids, liquids or gases and is considered to be a distinct state of matter. Plasma typically takes the form of neutral gas-like clouds, as seen, for example, in the case of stars. Like gas, plasma does not have a definite shape or a definite volume unless enclosed in a container, but, unlike gas, in the influence of a magnetic field, it may form structures such as filaments, beams and double layers.

>>"Although a plasma is loosely described as an electrically neutral medium of positive and negative particles, a definition can have three criteria:[8][9][10]

1. The plasma approximation: Charged particles must be close enough together that each particle influences many nearby charged particles, rather than just interacting with the closest particle (these collective effects are a distinguishing feature of a plasma). The plasma approximation is valid when the number of charge carriers within the sphere of influence (called the Debye sphere whose radius is the Debye screening length) of a particular particle are higher than unity to provide collective behaviour of the charged particles. The average number of particles in the Debye sphere is given by the plasma parameter, "#923;" (the Greek letter Lambda).
   2. Bulk interactions: The Debye screening length (defined above) is short compared to the physical size of the plasma. This criterion means that interactions in the bulk of the plasma are more important than those at its edges, where boundary effects may take place. When this criterion is satisfied, the plasma is quasineutral.
   3. Plasma frequency: The electron plasma frequency (measuring plasma oscillations of the electrons) is large compared to the electron-neutral collision frequency (measuring frequency of collisions between electrons and neutral particles). When this condition is valid, electrostatic interactions dominate over the processes of ordinary gas kinetics."  ,Wiki.

so particles aren't or don't have a mass??

Bill819,
Please define my theory in a way so I understand your reluctance to it and also so I can say I answered the question or let me go hide in shame for being wrong all these years. :)

Regards,
J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 04:42:24 am »
People,
Plasma is the fourth state of matter, not just '3', gas, liquid, solid.

Regards,
J.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 05:53:27 am »
Interesting points there mr One,
my first thought is that electricity causes a magnetic field orbiting the wire as it travels as i was tought at polytec,
this field exerts force that can arrange iron fillings in paterns which tells me that force if being applyed to the fileings.
 a force must that can be shown acting on something must be caused by something, something is like a mass,perhaps a variation,
something of variations,
i shall look ferther at electricity and mass,

3 or 4 states, of stuff that are moving with the planet through space constantly crumbling, moving, and so on, all made of atoms containing radiations, stuff by whatever name we call it.
the plasma is a interesting angle i'll look at it, thanks,
Thank you bye for now and be well  :)   :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 10:52:04 am »
Will,
The 'force' you speak of is used in MANY WAYS to our advantage, like; UTP/CAT 5, the amount of twists per inch in the wire, determine data flow, we actually use the 'pressure' (in this case) in the line to spiral the field and achieve better/more data flowing in a cable than an un-twisted wire/cable.

I think my answer to Bill819 of 'plasma' was un-expected and an answer that had not been considered so we will have to see which angle Bill819 is coming from,,, I am interested in the other answers he might have.

GTG,
"Peace and wheelies to you and Mr. Data".
J.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 11:15:37 am »
Bill819,

Two guesses that come to mind would be:

1). non-newtonian liquids like quicksand (corn starch & water). The fluidity depends on the force(s) applied and can act as a liquid or solid depending.

2). Liquid Helium II - Actually referred to as a superfluid. When this extremely cold liquid goes from Helium I to Helium II it undergoes some radical changes and it's properties also change. Normal, densely packed porous surfaces no longer hold this liquid and upon certain conditions it will "climb" up and out of it's own container to seek it's lower level.

Both remarkable substances. And this concludes today's science lesson!

Well...what say you Mr. Bill?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:13 pm »

quote:

2). Liquid Helium II - Actually referred to as a superfluid. When this extremely cold liquid goes from Helium I to Helium II it undergoes some radical changes and it's properties also change. Normal, densely packed porous surfaces no longer hold this liquid and upon certain conditions it will "climb" up and out of it's own container to seek it's lower level.

When they freeze liquid Helium even further it creates the other worldly substance that I referred in an above post.

This is how light works....

An electrical pulse first occurs, then a magnetic pulse occurs as a response. this happens over and over in a strait line through space. Light is not a particle moving through space but rather a wave of oscillating electro-magnetism.  This occurs in a electric generator too. A magnet is passed through a coil and therefore electricity is made. When you pass electricity through a coil then magnetism is made. Light occurs in the same fashion only the speed at which it occurs is un-approachable by matter itself.

If you try to stop light with a sail of some kind then the wave is stopped and the equivalent energy is converted back to matter. Therefore it then has mass and force.

Gamma radiation has enough energy in it to occasionally created particles as large as electrons.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »
Art,
Bill819 doesn't actually have an answer,  he just wanted to visit for a while  ;)

JK
Regards,
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 08:58:47 pm »
OK! Bill819,
I spent the afternoon with a PHD/Professor of Physics and he even called a friend. My friend was not sure what response you were trying to get but he could not 'pin down' a certain answer.

He was , however, VERY interested in my question, which is; What can NOT be held in a plasma state.[8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 09:00:47 pm »
Boom,Bap,Boom BA Boom,Bap Bap.[:D][:D]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 09:14:42 pm »
E=MC2    correct me if i am wrong but that means energy is matter moving really really fast.

does this mean that light is made up of matter that moves twice as fast as itself ? or are particles not considered matter ? or is that a .333333... x 3 thing ?

could this possibly mean that mass ( matter ) is nothing more than energy moving very very slow ? is it even logical to reverse engineer E=MC2, and how would that translate "otherwise" ?

The term matter traditionally refers to the substance that objects are made of.[1] One common way to identify this "substance" is through its properties: for example, matter is anything that has both mass and volume.[2]

M = E/C2 ?  

when your life looks like it doesn't have enough,  make yourself small so the little things in life look big.

-runs for cover-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:27:37 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil