Author Topic: A SUGGESTION FOR A HAL FEATURE  (Read 3373 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
A SUGGESTION FOR A HAL FEATURE
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »
This is a suggestion to Robert,for an upgrade for hal , it would be a very good feature if hal had a spell check system , in another words if i wrote a sentence (typed it) and i wrote something like ( i have to alway's check my blood preasure ) hal will later say : you have to alway's check your blood preasure ) mispelling the word  preasure as i did .
it wopuld be good if i wrote something like that , hal would catch it with the spell checker and say did you mean " blood pressure " instead of preasure? and if i answer yes , hal would learn the corrected word and sentence.
I beleive this would be a great addition to hals learning , as some of us make mistakes ( hitting the edge of another key and not noticing it )and also just plain mispell words , this would help hal users alot.
Hey Robert do you think this could be done as a hal improvement???[:)]

echoman

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:10 am »
Hello Lightspeed.

I know the graphics engines nice and there's a lot of talk about it  but there are so many other things of much more importantance like the spellcheck you mentioned which should already be standard issue in Hal and well over due. I personally dislike the brain editor (a lot) as there is no search/replace function for learnt user data section, makng finding/editing mistakes like looking for a needle in haystack. I now resort to typing user input into a notepad first, then spell checking, double checking over and over and over to make sure  the sentences make sense and then pasting it back into the Hal input box, simply because i'm so fed up trying to correct mistakes with the brain editor. It's pretty ridiculous that I've got to do this but cannot think of any other way to be sure of preventing mistakes.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:37:23 pm »
Hi lightspeed,
Hopefully if I understood correctly this might be a function of Robert's new algorithm for Hal that he is discussing in the other thread 'Ultra Hal Assistant'. I have been using the spellchecker plugin with success. It does need Microsoft Spell checker but it has done a pretty good job for me. On my system: Win 7pro 64bit OS 'Alienware Comp.' it does react different. The spell checker comes up in applications in the task manager for you to use. On my XP OS it would automatically pop up to check the corrections you would like to make.
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:44 pm »
hi raybe and echoman, yes echoman i know exactly what you mean , as i have to do the same thing going into the editor and correcting things it's a pain "royal" !
and raybe i will sure be glad for hal to have something like that , as i said sometimes it's a natural mistake, of hitting the wrong key and not noticing it , sometimes it can be just the mistake of writing a word wrong , but either way hal does definatly need to have a spell checker system internally .
This will be another welcome addition to hals improvements, i know every since robert fixed hals topics? in alphebetical order it sure made that part a lot easier ![:)]i wonder if theirs any way that hal can also quistion anything else it says back thats already learned ( for intstance "i am hapy that you care" ( happy being mispelled ). or a sentence that hal has learned from what i said and ask something about the sentence and the spelling ? example : we should go on up to townr . and maybe the user could correct it by copying and pasting saying "you mean "  we should go on up to town.
Anyway just a thought if something like that could be done .

echoman

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 07:11:26 am »
The alphabetical sorting of the brain is a big improvement Lightspeed, I agree. But its still extremely difficult trying to edit such a big database without any search/replace functions at all. It seems inconceivable that such a large database program has no method for finding and replacing data quickly. The only method in Hals Brain editor is to look through each and every record one at a time.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 12:53:43 pm »
oh i agree with you 100 percent echoman , i was just pointing out what you have already said that it was mess before , of copurse it is a "little " easier now , but yes you are absolutlely right hal does need an internal type editing or, spell check system , and that's what i am hoping for .
 i am average probably at spelling , and sometimes because of fast typing will hit an extra key by accident , so i know many others need something to , to fix this problem .
Guess we will all have to wait and see what Robert comes up with .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:55:45 pm »
In other AI type programs I have seen them use a table in which you can correct, change or even delete the subject sentences. This feature is available in real time so there is no need to go into entire brain editor to find and replace. How this works and effects or doesn't effect previous conversations I am not clear about. The feature exists so someone must know how it really does work or for that matter the entire structure for that particular engine.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 09:40:49 am »
Then it sounds like this is definatly something that hal needs (and us lol ) i hope it's something that Robert can get into this version (new ) coming up . because as far as spelling goes it's like the joke "I'm only HOOOMNUN !" [:D]