dupa

Author Topic: ultrahal users questions to robert  (Read 23638 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:57 am »
hello JohnSFV1 i and maybe others have brought forth this idea and mentioned it on here as a future add on for hals abilities also along with facial recognition and altho robert has some updates for hal in the works as we speak i imagine the kinet will have to be down the road farther as an add on if he does it (although i truly hope he does as hal with the kinect abilities would be so cool ). but robert of course will have to be the one to truly answer this i am only speculating .  ;)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: question to robert about temp files and user files in the brain
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 01:13:50 pm »
Robert if you are still around and checking in i have a question for you : I started teaching my custom brain and used my name and it displayed it as such in the brain area user temp and user sent files , i also later used a neutral name honey and it has showed up the same way , my question to you is : does all the learned information go into the custom brain from these seperate users or is each user  a seperate learned thing?  i hope i am making this clear. 

Hal tries to decide whether a certain piece of information is "universal" knowledge or specific to just that user. If Hal considers it universal it goes to the sharedusersent table, otherwise it goes to a table usernameusersent which is used only when speaking with that particular user.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »
I would like to know if you are working on a MS kinect add-on or some form of interaction between kinect and hal

I'm not currently working on anything like this because like lightspeed said I have a ton of other projects that need to be completed first. But it would definitely be cool and something I will consider in the future.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
Robert i have a request if possible on the next hal version ( if you think it's worth putting on in it) Is their a way to make the newest learned sentence show up on the last line each time in the user tables and temp tables this would make it easier when a person has to manually go in to edit something . and would be nice if it could be highlighted in red if posssible until hal is restarted (being in the red color ) .    :)

echoman

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »
Good idea Lightspeed.

I can't stop thinking that editing mistakes in the Brain Editor is extremely frustrating, difficult and time consuming.

lightspeed

• View Profile
a hal misspelled word corrector in editor idea
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 05:44:54 pm »
Robert as i was having a conversation with my angela i saw where i had mistyped some letters backward ( mositurizer) and as i started  editing the custom brain i made by tracing down the mispelled word in subject catagories which is very hard i also thought of another idea that would be very useful in hal (maybe a next version ) would it be possible to have it where a user could write a word that was previously mispelled in a special edit search box ( a new box added in the editor ) and click correct box and it would correct the spelling of that specific word anywhere in hal ?
and it would only correct the word as it's written in another word no plurals unless it was spelled as a plural (this would eliminate changing a plural to a non plural word . and visa versa .
anyway i am still doing editing and thought of this and wanted to post it to you so i wouldn't forget it!

hope it's something that could be used in a future hal.  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 12:06:49 pm »
here is another example i mistyped the word many :   SOME PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN SMARTER FROM USING THE INTERNET WELL TAKE YOU FOR INSTANCE YOU HAVE LEARNED MANT THINGS FROM BEING ON THE INTERNET  :
** note this even though it was mistyped also is the same when a word is misunderstood by voice recognition .

and i looked into the topics of what it showed about 4 area's in the brain editor , it would be so much easier for people "if" the sentence that they copied and pasted into the editor could be edited right their and after clicking on a correct button would edit this sentence no matter where it is in all the area's (if this is possible ) . and also highlighting it in red at the time in all topic area's it would be easy to open that topic area and go down the line and find the red line highlighted red background white letters . 
as it currently is you get blurry eyed trying to run down each sentence among all that's listed looking for the needle in a hay stack .

anyway this isn't ment as critisism but rather as a better solution that will make hal better for all that use it.  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 11:57:48 am »
i have wrote things and idea's before i wonder if maybe in a future hal it might be possible for hal to do a sentence diagnostic list in another words it would check spelling and any certain word or words that don't match up with a sentence it would show that sentence in a list of questionable sentences giving the user a chance to look at the sentence and edit it and click approve and or ignor so it doesn't show up in the future list .
example: Yeah although bot all people like those paticular type of songs.
in this sentence "bot should be "NOT" ( i hit a wrong key by accident) and yes this can be tracked down and edited , but would be nice if a program could be developed where the user could run a sentence diagnostic , which would list sentences with possible mispelled words .

i know i have written other suggestions simular but this is a little different and would have top work not only with spelling correction but also a "SMART" system program of how the sentence words are used as to wether is may or may not be correct .

as i said this is only an idea and i don't know if this is doable as an added program into hal but thought i would mention it!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »
Robert can you let us know what other companies formatted software will work with the full female body that you have with the new ogre engine that's coming out?
in another words what clothes etc. some companies have free clothing etc. but we need to know what formatte that is is and what companies it matches.
me and others  was talking about it that way any free legal things that people have posted we could start collecting  now. if we know what will work.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »
Robert , i know you are usually busy , but when ever possible can you let me know the answer to the above question because as i said their is some different web pages that are legal that people and companies post some free skins and clothes that might work with the new full body female you are talking about and ogre engine . i and some others would like to know what other ones will work like guild , 3daz , etc. with the new stuff you are going to have . that way we could start a collection of free items to use with it because sometimes later on some things on sites aren't available later.
thanks in advance.  :) ;)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 06:25:41 pm »
Characters designed for our engine so far have been made in 3D Studio Max, but Ogre has utilities to convert from a variety of professional 3D packages.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
brain editing and editing size suggestions for robert
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:20 pm »
Robert i have a suggestion for ultrahal , could something be put in the brain editor that would lets a person copy and paste a saying (sentence) that hal has learned that the user wants to stop . and make a delete button? what this would do is delete the whole row anywhere it is in the hal brain .
If this could be done it would make things so much easier for the user instead of tracing the sentences by subjects and then going down long list in each subject and finding them and deleteing them one by one .
  Also another suggestion i would like to make is can their be a magnifier be put into hal so that the page of data in the brain can be enlarged when needed (like what's on internet exploror web pages ?) this would help from users straining their eyes so much when doing work in the brain editor .
  I don't know what others think about this but i feel if it can be done it would be an improvement and make things a little easier for the users .
thanks !

:)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 07:00:19 am »
Mr M, could you do a quick fix to make Ivona voices lipsync with Hal.
Guile 3D's program works with them so it must be able to be done.

lightspeed

• View Profile
question to robert abot the hal data internet cloud
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »
Hi to Robert again and i have another question about the new version of hal coming out . Will their be an optional check box that people can use that will allow hal to connect to the cloud of conversation data ??
    I am in hopes the new hal will be this way because for people developing hal by the brain they have some may not want the additional conversation data so i hope this will be an optional check box and not just a regular system that hal will use .
  i would like to be able to test it and see if it is what i want for hal to use (by backing up my brain before usage ) if it isn't i could uncheck the internet hal data cloud access box.
  If it seems ok then i and or any others can continue using it .
I hope you are able to anser this and the above questions i have asked . thanks ! :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 05:45:14 pm »
Mr M, could you do a quick fix to make Ivona voices lipsync with Hal.
Guile 3D's program works with them so it must be able to be done.

I'm not familiar with this voice. If its SAPI 5 it should work just fine, but be sure to run the Haptek SAPI config once to make sure the Haptek player sees it. If its SAPI 4 then there is probably no way to make it work.
Robert Medeksza