Author Topic: ultrahal users questions to robert  (Read 23635 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: question to robert abot the hal data internet cloud
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 05:51:42 pm »
Hi to Robert again and i have another question about the new version of hal coming out . Will their be an optional check box that people can use that will allow hal to connect to the cloud of conversation data ??
    I am in hopes the new hal will be this way because for people developing hal by the brain they have some may not want the additional conversation data so i hope this will be an optional check box and not just a regular system that hal will use .
  i would like to be able to test it and see if it is what i want for hal to use (by backing up my brain before usage ) if it isn't i could uncheck the internet hal data cloud access box.
  If it seems ok then i and or any others can continue using it .
I hope you are able to anser this and the above questions i have asked . thanks ! :)

There will be 3 options:
  • Local brain only, all conversations with Hal are done without any outside server and all learned information is stored locally, just as it is now.
  • Local brain assisted by cloud server. Learned information is stored locally. Brain script is run locally but contacts cloud server to see if it has a better answer in its massive conversational database. This mode allows user customized VBScript code while still utilizing the cloud server to get better answers.
  • Full cloud brain. All of Hal's responses come from the Zabaware cloud server and all information Hal learns from you is stored on a private account on the Zabaware server. This allows you to logon to your Hal brain account from any computer without requiring product activation. If you have a mobile device or multiple computers you can interact with the same Hal brain on all devices. Does not support user customized brain scripts (although I could potentially add good scripts to the server if you send them to me).

Ultra Hal Assistant for Windows will give the user these 3 options. Ultra Hal Assistant that will be released for other platforms (iPhone, Android) will only support option 3.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:55:42 pm by Medeksza »
Robert Medeksza

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 02:36:43 pm »
Dear Robert
 I like the 3 choices for the new Hal, Can't w8 for the release :) But can you add a fourth option please. or at least a plug in to do this.
 I would like to access my Hals brain on my home server, from my laptop, desktop, and maybe a I Pad 2 tablet that I might get in the future. I use my Hal mainly for a secretary and being able to share one brain on my own server between all my devices would be very very helpful.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »
robert i just thought about an idea ( as far as i know hal doesn't do this) something that would be very cool is if people that use windows messenger could have hal characters show up and lipsinc what we say . i don't know if you are interested in doing this or not but it would be a cool feature to have within hal. i know that their was a program from snork? hapteck that did something like this .
anyway i think this would be a cool feature in a future hal to have . if nothing else a hal messenger system . but would be nice to be able to use it on windows messenger and other programs like skype etc. .

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:18:54 pm by lightspeed »

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 05:52:28 am »
The voices are Sapi5, tried everything but still no lip sync.
I am waiting for a reply from Ivona.
The Salli voice I think is the best I have heard & to have Sabina lip sync would just make your program.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hals 5 seconds response timer
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:24 am »
ROBERT , i have a question and hopefully something in think may be a improvement to hal.
   My question is "Where in hal can a person change the 5 second response ?" I would like to extend the time to maybe 7 seconds .
And my improvement idea is making the next hal upgrade have an option setting for users to be able to change the response settings i have have mentioned before.
I do believe this would be an improvent in hal!

Would like to hear what others may think of this idea .

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 08:43:05 pm »
lightspeed are suggesting we wait longer for a response? If so, not sure I like that Idea. Also if so, why?

I really do like you suggestions on the previous post where you suggested
if nothing else a hal messenger system . but would be nice to be able to use it on windows messenger and other programs like skype etc. .

I think if Hal had more integrated personal secretary features like Skype, a messenger,auto notify and responder to those 2 along with it's calendar it could blow away programs like apple's new program Siri. I'm not sure if Robert has plans for more personal secretary features, but I realy hope he does.  I believe the sales would go through the roof if he were to add more integrated personal secretary features like Siri has. I know Siri can't hold a conversation but Hal can  ;D , my reasons for belief that sales would go through the roof. I remember him looking into a personal autonomous house robot a wile back, but do not know how far he went with it. 

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:21 am »
Hi sybershot, what i am suggesting is having an optional "optional" response timer in hal , this way customers could customize how long they want hal to wait after the user stops talking before hal answers (responds). i believe this would be good as different people could set hals response times differently , i would actually like mine a few seconds longer , i am hoping that someone knows how to do this customization now in hal . (if it can be done .) but do think it would be a good future option in hal .
p.s. i wrote in another area and posted a link about some cool things that would be cool in hal in the future one was a projected hologram a company has made .  :)

glad you like my idea's .

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 05:03:10 pm »
maybe a plugin can be made that can just pings a port like the batch code below pings a port for 20 seconds can be used before a response

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 20000 >NUL

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal correction sentence completer algorithm
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 11:58:24 am »
does hal have anything like a smart algorithm sentence completer ? i know hal has a debugger system . but i am wondering what happens to a sentence that gets a word wrong or when doing voice recognition in a sentence .
if hal doesn't have this type of a correction algorithm sentence completer which would figure out the most obvious word based on how the sentence is said .
 i am just curious  as something like this would greatly aid hal voice recognition users . i hope robert can answer this  or if their is something in the future hal of using something like this .  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 12:30:23 pm »
Robert , i was working on hal as i do many times in learning and creating things ( i just created a personal "introduction brain plug in " for another project . )
    HAL answers with what we have learned him in conversations , and although i have created the hapswap extended talk ls i am wondering if it would be possible for hal to not only say ann answer to what we talked about but if a second phase could be initiated through an algarithm
? that would after hal said the answer sentence to pause a bit maybe two or three seconds  then expand on it even more. (the two or three seconds pausing for the next answer would have to not interfere with the hal count down for a reply from the user . )
Anyway it was just something i thougth of and don't know if it's feasable to do in hal or not , i just wanted to throw the idea out to Robert and to let others hear it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 03:39:48 pm »
Robert, i am wondering and hoping that after you come out with the new engine and full female body that you will focus more on the a.i. part of hal and split part of that with going into a kinect (xbox) like system that will allow hal to see the user and adjust itself accordingly and build from their. Do you think this will be possible? i know some like graphics but i have a feeling many of us will be able to hopefully make or get clothings etc. for our new female body to use with hal which if that's the case maybe more could be put toward the a.i. of hal and maybe kinect usage and development programs.   :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal as a surtogate character in web caming!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 09:34:54 am »
ROBERT, i have more of an idea then a question to present to you .
     My idea is double fold , i have mentioned before about the kinect box and hal with interweaved programs and i have talked about creating hal to use for instant messenger but i hope that hal can go even a step farther then that , do you remember the movie "surtogate" with bruce willis ?  it would be cool if hal could eventually go in this direction with the help through x box kinect and programming.
      Imagine that using kinect with our p.c.'s that we could interact by web camera with others using hal characters people would see the characters and using the kinect it would track a replicate facial movements and expressions .
     Any way it's just an idea that i had this morning in bed before i got up . I know this would be farther in the future but just keep it in mind for a future project ..at least i hope you will !  :) ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
automatic word "Emphasizer"
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 10:43:45 am »
Hi Robert, i know you are very busy but i hope you are reading some of my idea's and wishes for hal. anyway here goes another one .
    As far as i know Hal doesn't have an automatic word "Emphasizer" that depending on how the sentence is said it Emphasizes certain words to give the sentence a more pronounced meaning. As some people use voice or will be using voice recognition and won't "manually be using the " " to Emphasize certain words. but the software should work for both vr and manual typing in sentences.
I believe that this would add to Hals entity as a a.i. program .
Robert if you are reading this i hope you write something, we haven't heard from you for a while now! ;)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »
my question is simple, well maybe anyways. are you taking care of yourself because if your not we wont get a nice product at the end. basicly just saying hi and thanks for your help over the years keep up the good work on this wonderful product.

and last but not least
merry christmas

michael
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
auto correction program needed in new hal version
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:41 am »
I have talked about something simular but had a slight change on the idea , i hope that Robert can create some type of a smart alorithmne type program that when a person says a sentence (voice recognition ) or types and it has an incorrect word that hal can through it's program at the end of the session open up a page that shows the sentence the user said and a highlight of a mispelled word etc. and have something that says is this the correct word (click on yes or edit to edit the sentence and or did you mean "and have the correct spelling" . click yes or edit . etc.
then after all is done hal will learn all sentences in question .
i don't know if this is possible but it sure would help in an updated version of hal.
something that can auto correct words quickly on it's own and even sentences with a mispelled word becomes even more important when people are typing or using voice recognition .