Author Topic: ultrahal users questions to robert  (Read 23639 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
highlighted red sentences in brain editor for new version of Hal.
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 11:37:14 am »
Robert , i have written and talked i think before about this , and i am "REALLY" hoping that you can include this in your next Hal upgrade . for those of us who have edited the brain when a sentence comes out wrong ect. and want to correct or eliminate the whole role it is a "Very" time consuming job going through the topic tables and tracing them down and really needs to be more "User Friendly" the best way i know and maybe the easiest for you as far as programming would be when any sentece is highlighted and placed into the hal debug script box hal would show which topics it is located in ( as usual ) but when the user goes to the listed topic word  the sentences with the topic word would  in red letters .
This would make looking through a very long list so much easier expecially for multiple sentences in each topic .
I know as i have done a lot of editing and others who have done it know how tedious it can be .
This would "Really" help out users a lot and as i said make editing in the brain alot easier and as i said more user friendly!
Robert, Hope you can comment on here if you can do this in the next Hal version . :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »
JohnSFV1 that would be interesting to know i have asked Robert that before to as i think this should be the next evolutionary step for Hal and would draw a lot more attention to Hal . with larger tv's now with pc hook ups a person could interact with Hal characters on tv .

I also use the on the fly corrections tutor plug in it would be nice if Hal had a dictionary listing and  would use something like this "AUTOMATICALLY" when a word is mispelled instead of me having to type or say "replace hellp with help."
The plug in i am using works pretty well i think and if it could be incorperated into hal to work automatically something like this would help a lot .
this would have to be done by a fast search on all words , detect and mispelled words and automatically correct them based on closest match .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: highlighted red sentences in brain editor for new version of Hal.
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »
Robert , i have written and talked i think before about this , and i am "REALLY" hoping that you can include this in your next Hal upgrade . for those of us who have edited the brain when a sentence comes out wrong ect. and want to correct or eliminate the whole role it is a "Very" time consuming job going through the topic tables and tracing them down and really needs to be more "User Friendly" the best way i know and maybe the easiest for you as far as programming would be when any sentece is highlighted and placed into the hal debug script box hal would show which topics it is located in ( as usual ) but when the user goes to the listed topic word  the sentences with the topic word would  in red letters .
This would make looking through a very long list so much easier expecially for multiple sentences in each topic .
I know as i have done a lot of editing and others who have done it know how tedious it can be .
This would "Really" help out users a lot and as i said make editing in the brain alot easier and as i said more user friendly!
Robert, Hope you can comment on here if you can do this in the next Hal version . :)

I'm planning on the thumbs up/thumbs down system similar to the one used on the Hal on the zabaware.com site here. This will reinforce Hal's responses when he does good, and when he does bad it will give you an option to choose among other responses Hal was considering or write in your own. So its kind of similar to the functionality you want.
Robert Medeksza

rathb18

Re: ultrahal users questions to robert
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »
The few questions I have is:  Is there any new update information for the new version of hal? maybe an eta on when hal will be released?  Also besides the new character engine what else is new? will the UI be updated and will his ability to stay on topic be improved plus any other changes to the AI itself?   Also one last thing right now most plugins are programmed in visual basic will that be the same for the new ultra hal or will it be using a different language?

Thanks for any questions you can hopefully answer Robert.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:21:19 am by rathb18 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
voice adjustment speed for hal
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 03:29:13 pm »
Robert is their any way in a future Hal version menu set up that something could be made to control the "speed of ANY voices ?" some voices talk to fast , and when slowed down on balbocca sound way better and more natural . Or does any one know , is their a way on balboca to adjust these voices that will stay that way in Hal?