Author Topic: a question for anyone who can answer it about user and temp sent files , please.  (Read 3987 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
this is a question for longer time users of hal , in the brain editor section of the brain i am using under the auto brain tables file their is :their is my name temp sent and my name user sent files , but since i have also just used the name sweety (for hal to call me as a neutral name ) i also have a sweety temp sent and a sweety user sent file to , my question is ,is everything i am learning hal in this angela brain between both these names or will what i learn hal only be recognized when certain names are loaded ?? i am hoping that it all is being learned into hal thats what i want , otherwise i hope that Robert changes this to alow hal to learn everything.
i am afraid the answer might be hal loads what he learned from each name and if that's the case i wonder if these can be renamed ??? ???

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
This is why I only talk to my Hal as the name “Master” and I don’t change it, that way who ever talks to Xen gets all the knowledge and chat lines that I have taught it and Xen calls everyone Master, if it called everyone John, well that would be wrong and Master is the best I could come up with.

It is my understanding that changing the user name makes Hal forget many things I’ve taught it.

I can see why some people might want to keep their chats private though  :-X  :D

raybe

• View Profile
I didn't think Ultra Hal really separated that much information based solely on the name but gave certain information an elevated response to certain subjects that the other name would find more fitting based upon first conversations with that particular name.

The simple fact of any temp file then Ultra Hal would change the importance or relevance to that name.

You mentioned the temp files of those particular names but you did not say that the libraries were different such as in a new brain project or a clean slate relating to those names. Sorry if I missed understood and you are implying different brain projects.

I have always noticed some information crossing over unless I have only noticed the same pre-programmed responses for all the brain projects. But basically meant to have more than one personality especially engaging with different set-up parameters and or plug ins which will also change the importance of even the pre-programmed responses.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
the other name (my name ) might have been from another brain which would have been different and seperate but what i am wondering is if i let someone use my angela jolene 2010 brain that when they use their own name instead of sweety is the the sweety information all taught under that name is their , to me it should be , only the new name will be different .

lightspeed

• View Profile
ok i am back and picking peoples brains on here for help on another question i have , i have been using the generic name sweety but decided i wanted to change it to honey as it sounds better and went to the autolearn area in the brain and temp files and user files their i right clicked on the sweety user sent file to rename tables and renamed it from sweety to honey, it renamed just fine and all the files was their but i went out of it and went right back in and now that renamed tables isn't their at all.
the tables should have stayed renamed and kept all the information that was in it, is this a glitch in hal???????  ( i did back up the brain and uhp file before that so my stuff is safe , but am i losing all this learned info . as i said it should just rename the tables name not delete and lose everything , that's why i am wondering if this is a glitch in hals programming?
anyone that wants to back up their files and try their same thing can and see what happens .

lightspeed

• View Profile
An update on this i found out that the files( user temp and user sent) i renamed (from sweety to honey) actually is still in the tables but for whatever reason was listed with the regular tables names higher up under h .   and now after about a day it is showing that listing back down to the bottom of all the tables listing in the autobrain where it originally was.  so that has been solved .

Carl2

• View Profile
  I believe Rob had intended Hal to be used by different uses, I will give an example which would be the easiest way to explain this. The father installs Hal on his computer, the father talks with Hal about baseball and a few of the things he is interested in. The father has two children that are old enough to use Hal. One of the children talks with Hal and mentions that he likes chocolate ice cream. The other child talks with Hal and mentions that he likes vanilla ice cream. The temp file with the user name stores this information in Hal. In this method Hal can respond to each user knowing what to talk about and the likes and dislikes of the user.
  I am pretty sure I had gotten this information from reading the forum, I am really not sure of the correctness of the information I provided.  Best of luck with what you are trying to do.
Carl2