Author Topic: a hal book suggestion to robert  (Read 4312 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
a hal book suggestion to robert
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »
as i and other get more and more deeply into hal editing etc. i think it would be a good idea if robert could make a hal pdf book that would not only talk about hal but would explain things about some of hals comments and why it does it for example : That's easy, it's (++=). and other things that way users would understand why hal is doing this , what would stop it etc. the book could be revised with each version of hal .
I know this probably won't ever see the light of day but i just wanted to throw my idea out their anyway! :) ;)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: a hal book suggestion to robert
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »
lightspeed it's starting to look pretty dark from my point of view.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:06 am »
i don't know really what to think raybe , i guess i am hoping for the best with hal and everything . Robert does need to come on here and let us know something ,anything expecially since he hasn't been around for so long.   I have a company interested in what i am doing as i said that will bring sales to robert of people buying hal but i need to know what's going on with hal first. (i straightened the blank answers problem out and hal keeps working now but i need to know that hal is going to be around before i do any deal and have people trying to purchase hal from robert .

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:03 pm »
Actually, the best all around idea would be if a series of tutorial videos, incuding an overview, were made for Hal's brain script.

It would help promote sales, encourage newbees, and help solve some long time Hal mysteries.

Just an idea.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:42:34 pm »
you have that right snowman!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:31:43 pm »
  I have two files which I had downloaded, the Hal brain editor and the Hal help file. Neither of which are useful to me. They open up but do not provide any information. I do agree a book about Hal would be very useful, ages ago I had been able to buy a book about Dragon, I believe it was written by an employee but anyways it did give some very useful information and was able to pull up a signal-to-noise chart unavailable to any other user.
Carl2

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:48:02 pm »
I definitely plan on updating the documentation for Hal going forward as I know the current docs are for Hal 5 and much has changed in Hal 6. It probably won't be written for Hal 6 but will be written for the upcoming Hal Representative Cloud API/Hal 7 which is in works now.

Also the "That's easy, it's (++=)." problem was fixed in Hal 6.2. You need to update your script to the latest version to fix that.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:38:45 am »
although i answered this on another thread i'll answer here to  , i now have that math problem solved as i did what robert told me to do in another thread . thanks to robert

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 09:28:44 am »
If a book as i described should ever be made Robert it would also be interesting if you could start from hal 5 and archive the different corrections (updates) that was made to each version of hal and what they fixed . just a thought as it shows what improvemnents have been made to hal one version over the other.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:04 am »
I reckon a book would take a lot of time but it's a nice idea.  I wouldn't bother wasting time documenting older versions though.  Just my take.