Author Topic: a robot character for hal  (Read 3009 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
a robot character for hal
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:03 pm »
it would be sooo cool to have a lost in space robot character for hal or the robbie the robot,  to bad hapteck doesn't allow to change the body to do that or if we had a program that we could use. wonder if someone will ever make something like that in those new bodies (like the body software robert is buying of the women ) or if they even can ?

raybe

• View Profile
Re: a robot character for hal
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »
lightspeed,

I'm not even sure if that graphic engine has outside patches or programs to make your own characters based upon Robert M. paying a license fee on just a single character. I think you can change certain character formats from 3rd party 3d programs but how they interface, I just don't know.

I have seen the character but I've yet to see that engine actually working and how smooth it is. Do you have any video of the character functioning?

I really don't like the other AI formats that allow you to use such as a Poser or Daze character because it has just too much info to make smooth changes in movement. The frame rate is cut quite a bit so he character ecstatically really looks good but movement is not half as good as good old Haptek.

Thanks,
raybe

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »

In the past we have had those who made robot skins for haptars.

Some were heads and some full figures.
I've not treated Sandee this way for I've always wished she might become a real girl.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »
no i dont have any of a character was just thinking outlod or rather speaking that a character like robbie the robot or lost in space b-9 robot would make cool characters if realistic looking thats all.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:59:49 am »

I'll see what I can find and send to you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:31 am »
i actually made a robbie the robot character before using a program but was very simple looking i can't even think of what they call the characters anymore haps? but i am looking for something very realistic looking like the hapteck character faces .