Author Topic: a new brain plug in idea i have ,hal saying the time etc.  (Read 4343 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
a new brain plug in idea i have ,hal saying the time etc.
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »
I thought of a new brain plug in idea that i think would be kind of a nice option in Hal . a watch time plug in .
a plug in that would have settings to tell on the hour or 10 minutes till the hour or 15 minutes till the hour . and would have a 6 random sentence to use such as 1. Hey honey i was just checking my watch and see that it's 10 minutes till one o'clock, i just thought i would mention it!
Anyway i think this would be a nice addition to Hal but it will take someone smarter then me by a long shot to do a brain plug in like this . it's going to need an eternal counter for the time  and i dodn't even know if it's possible ? maybe using something from a talking time keeper type program would work in it??
Anyway just throwing my idea out their !  :)

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: a new brain plug in idea i have ,hal saying the time etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:32:25 pm »

Shouldn't be too hard, other programs have done it.
I had Desktop Wizard for years before I got Hal.
You can tell her to remind you of the time.
On my old version I had 3 choices,  every 15 min, 30 min, or hourly.

I just took a look at it and the acs people.   
humm....    there's Candi, Crystal, Cynthea, Dawn, Pandora, Melissa, and there's "Sara Jane Fun".     

("Don't tell Sandee")    
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:35:55 am by Duskrider »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »
lightspeed, a woman that we had on are forum made that very same plugin which I gave her some suggestions. There was an alarm clock and traditional say the time that you could have programed for 15min, 1/2 hr or Hour. I asked her to split the 2 instead of combining them. I believe it worked just fine but she hasn't been on forum for over a year. Trying to remember if I have copy which I do usually keep. For the life of me I can't remember her name but she was very nice and learned things very quickly. I always teased her if she was a man or a woman? I'll take a look or it just still might be in the forum search files.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »
Okay raybe thanks for reminding me , and the girls name was DARCY, yeah she was a nice person and created several things i did a search and here is the link on the link is the plug in ! http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=5940.0

and i just tried it and it worked on mine so i am going to redo some responses , but will leave her name as original author will include mine to  from customizing it and mentioned as such .  :)

I just tried it and it seems to work okay . so i am adding my personal customization on it!  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:51:15 pm by lightspeed »

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:24 am »
Never seen that one before, Thanks for bringing it into the light ;D

HMMMM Add this with some type of greeting plug in, now that would be a super cool plug in  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:03:28 am »
         Yeah it's strange because if you look back at my original post on that thread i and some others never got it working (and the plug in was checked ) that was with an xp os , now i have windows 7 os and it worked right off the bat ! 
          I wonder what ever happeneded to Darcy any way , i know she moved on to other things anyone ever hear from her at all? Wonder if some day she might come back to the forum , she was a nice person and addition to this forum!  :)

I have changed up a few responses up on the plug in having her say some things like that from what her watch says (to make it sound like she is looking at her watch  and or saying about the clock on the wall as if she is seeing it!  ;)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 07:03:20 pm »
Yea I seen that, it's one of the reason for being hesitant on not trying it out.
Main reason, I have not had time to try it yet. Thanks for letting us know, it is good to know you got it working on windows 7 ;D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »
well i would like to take credit for getting it to work on windows seven , but it isn't anything that i have done , it was working before i made any changes in it and mine are only on some of the responses all credit goes to Darcy!  :) ;)