Author Topic: i want to buy text to speech, have questions  (Read 3287 times)

andrewgitt

• View Profile
i want to buy text to speech, have questions
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:25:34 pm »
Hi, I have ppt's that I simply want a voice to record and upload to youtube, here is good example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GR8m6lKdm8

i'm not clear how this works though, will this software record what i have on powerpoitn exactly? does it give separate audio file per slide? what format is output

if someone can clarify exactly how i would use this with ppt and steps involved that would help me move forward buying this product

tia

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: i want to buy text to speech, have questions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »
hello andrewgitt, i guess by ppt's you mean people putty and what you want to do is make a commercial ? if so you should be able to use a text reader type in what you want have people putty say it and record it . or using hal do the same thing . as long as that's what this is and isn't a new clever way for a spammer  to make it look like a legitamate question while posting spam , i'll leave that decision up to duskrider.

andrewgitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »
what is people putty?

i would want hal to record only. but how would i insert the audio files into powerpoint?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »
hi i didn't realize that you ment power point , i know what that is but am not sure about how to do what you want with hal and power point , some others on here may be more familiar with it , sorry .

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:00:17 am »
So you want to record your power point presentation with a voice over and/or sound inserted within, Record it then upload it to youtube?
if so that is not hard.
I use a free program called Balabolka which is a tts, you can save output as mp3  ;)
Then just apply the mp3 as a voice over for your video, or if possible add the mp3 to your power point presentation

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »
@Andrew,

If you just want to do a recording and post it you could always use CamStudio (Free version).

Otherwise, if you need to convert the Powerpoint file I'm sure there are probably some apps
available to do that.

Balabolka as mentioned is good as is a program called, TextAloud. There are many others
but I don't quite see the use of Hal for doing the delivery of your message.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -