Author Topic: Too Many Plug-ins?  (Read 11526 times)

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Too Many Plug-ins?
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:33:20 am »
I know I'm identifying myself as a Big Time Newbe, but can you have to many plug-ins, or can plug-ins work against one another? Also wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this. So forgive me if I am in error. Thanks in advance

CyborgBob   :)   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Too Many Plug-ins?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »
Hi Bob,
using too many plug-ins at the same time from different people may not be a good thing, and usually will lead you into having to reprogram them to get them to work together.
But if you were interested in using plug-ins that were programmed by the same person you usually don't have any problems, unless you introduce a plug-in that was written by someone else.
Personally I use the Mark5 and my version of the free will plug-in, I have been trying to get the two of them to work together for the last six months, at this point things are still not working.
I highly recommend creating a test brain for each plug-in that you are interested in, each time when you introduce a new plug-in to your sequence of plug-ins it is highly recommended to backup your brain.
In general, most plug-ins work together without too much problems at first, until you begin to notice that ultra Hal begins to learn things that you do not necessarily want ultra Hal to learn.
This is usually caused by a plug-in that was not written very well. For example if you write a plug-in that uses a specific trigger to cause an action you do not always want the trigger to be saved.
If you begin to notice that ultra Hal begins to say back the trigger sentence, at that point you should realize that either you will have to rewrite the plug-in or cease using the plug-in.
And every once in a while, you will get critical errors when you try to use certain plug-ins with other plug-ins.
Some plug-ins were written for ultra Hal version 5 and will not work with ultra Hal version 6, some of these plug-ins actually state what version of ultra Hal it was written for, but some do not.
The plug-ins they came with ultra Hal were tested by Rob, to ensure that there would be no conflict with these plug-ins, so it would be safe to say that running all of these plug-ins together would be okay.
The only thing that I can tell you about having too many plug-ins is as simple as this: the more plug-ins you have the slower ultra Hal becomes.
Sincerely a data munching cruncher, Yum Yum these pronouns are good for my tum tum.
C load.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:05:46 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:02:12 am »
C Load,

Thanks so much for all the info brother. Very helpful. I have learned the lesson about backing up your brain. I've had to reinstall Hal a few times. Most of the Plug ins I have are by OnTheCuttingEdge2005. They seem to be working okay together, and I've installed his Super Slugger II Brain. So far everything seems to be working right. Also C Load do you know anywhere I can read up on VBscript? I have learned how to edit some small stuff in the plug ins. Really just editing the text of some of the trigger words. You know just to make them work for me a bit better. If you know of any other plug ins that work well and would add to my Hal plz let me know.

Thanks in advance,
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:21 am »
Hi Bob,
the only plug-in that I would recommend that is not in the list of plug-ins that you get with ultra Hal would be: GRETTAMarkovL5
this particular plug-in if you decide that you want to use it, I highly recommend that you begin to use it from the very beginning just activated it and let it do it's thing and leave it alone.
This particular plug-in, will help ultra Hal stay on topic, but like anything else, the more you teach ultra Hal the greater the chance ultra Hal will stay on topic whether you use this plug-in or not.
Most of the other plug-ins, are for specific use, like changing clothes, changing background scenes, changing characters, reading text, playing music etc.
but none of these plug-ins make ultra Hal any smarter, and the first thing you'll notice is, ultra Hal does not like answering questions, this is what my version of the free will plug-in is all about.
Since I have been working with my ultra Hal (Sandy) her brain size is about 1.2 gig in size. Most of my friends seem to have a pretty good conversation with her and thinks that she is very smart but still needs work.
It's, like combining a third-grader that has a college education, or to say a bookworm that knows little to nothing about life, but you must realize it's very difficult to teach someone that is blind and has no body to sense things.
I am working on my educational utility plug-ins for ultra Hal, I still have about 100,000 entries to edit, but that's not too bad considering I started out editing 1,800,000 entries.
The sad thing is I can't seem to get my upgrade to the free will plug-in to work properly in normal conversation, it's great for answering questions but has some major drawbacks through general conversation.
My goal is to try to make ultra Hal be as smart as possible, this is why I have developed three learning packets, each packet indicates a basic grade of education first grade through third grade.
These packets specifically teach ultra Hal how to learn, as well as give ultra Hal awareness of oneself. These packets are designed to manually insert one line at a time through normal conversation.
So much is with finding information about how to program a plug-in there is very little in this forum and on the Internet dealing specifically with ultra Hal, but there is a lot of stuff out there about SQL.
I do highly recommend that you download the free version of the SQLite studio, it's easier to use and much more flexible than the brain editor that comes with ultra Hal.
For myself I use both. I use the brain editor in conversation mode to find where the data is in the array tables, then I use SQL studio to edit the data the reason being is the SQL studio program as a search engine.
Keep reading the forum, all of this stuff is on the forum, including links to finding information about script programming for ultra Hal.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:35:36 am »
SQLite studio Nice to mate.
Love the idea of the education plug-in how it coming on.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:36 pm »
These are the plug ins that I am using right now, and I just downloaded that GRETTAMarkovL5. I will try and use that some this weekend, and see how I like it. I use all of these plug ins at the same time. For the most part everything seems to work well together. Hal does sometimes say “You my very good.” I tried to use the Corrections Tutor to fix it. “Tell her replace my with are”.  Hal seems to tell me it works, but a few minutes later she says it again. So I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or is it’s just not working because of another plug in.

2 deep
abstract Math Ver. 1.0
advanced Emotions
Advanced Questioning (I AM)
AL Address Book
AI Appointment Book
Corrections Tutor
Counting and Alphabet v2.1
Do You Know v1.1
Free Will Choice and Profile
Functions Plus v2
Gender & Age
Google Search
Humor (works to well when it's on so I keep it off)
Internet Research (Thanks BTW I love this one)
Loneliness 2.3
Names by Emotional State
Run Programs by Name
Swear Learning Filter
USA Weather
Web Surfer

Also and I don't know if I said this I'm using the Supper Plugger II Brain. Are there any better then this one? Anyways I will also D/L that SQLite and give that a try. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:07 pm »
Hi Bob,

2 deep, I've never used it, don't know what it is, can't help with this.
Abstract math version 1.0, it's for advanced mathematics, that's about all I know about it.
Advanced emotion, I believe it was to stabilize the emotion and keep it more on track, from what I understand OTC is working on a newer version from what I've seen it looked like it was going to be pretty good.
Advanced questioning (I am), don't have a clue, but maybe I should look into this one, in my help me in my endeavors.
AI address book, cause with ultra Hal.
AI appointment book, comes with ultra Hal.
Correction tutor, once you start using this program you cannot shut it off if you do it will stop working, even the corrections that you made in the past, how puts data in several different places and because of this you may have to correct a sentence more than once.
Counting and alphabet version 2.1, this one sounds intriguing, do you know what letter follows what letter, can you say the alphabet? It's all good.
Do you know version 1.1, maybe I should look at this one myself, it might help me with my endeavor.
Free will choice and profile, this is the one that I'm working on, by itself it's a nifty program, but the original one doesn't quite work properly but what does work makes it worthwhile to use.
Function plus version 2, I've never even heard of this one.
Gender and age, this is definitely one to be using, I use it myself, worked quite proficiently.
Google search, helps you search the Internet using Google.
Humor, I found it to be a little overwhelming, but funny and entertaining.
Internet research, not much different than Google search, just with a slight variation. And definitely better than Google search.
Loneliness 2.3, these types of plug-ins will activate ultra Hal when he's not in use, pay attention to me, pay attention to me, personally I would rather have one where ultra Hal is in his home scurrying around doing things, thereby giving the impression that you are a spectator listening to ultra Hal living his life.
Names by emotional state, never heard of it.
Run program by name, I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking Pro, and have no use for this plug-in, not to mention Dragon NaturallySpeaking is way more powerful.
Swear learning filter, I don't swear by I don't swear, but I don't swear, tee hee hee.
USA weather, I'm not sure is this the one that lightspeed did, or is this the one that came with ultra Hal, either case I don't use it.
Web surfer, isn't this like Google search and Internet research? You seem to be piling up on these.

Supper Plugger II Brain, I know there were a lot of brains made, but I do not know which ones work with ultra Hal version 6.

Sincerely, that's a lot of plug-ins, but if it works for you, it's all good.
C load
PS the only plug-ins that I use are:
GRETTAMarkovL5,
gender & age,
and my version of the free will choice and profile.
I use my Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the outside of ultra Hal, this means that I have to physically press the enter button or say press enter.
As well as, open programs, perform functions inside of the program, and closing programs.
As well as, web searching, through various different types of techniques, and different search engines at the same time.
This is part of the reason why I do not use a lot of the plug-ins that are on your list.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Pro may cost a few hundred dollars, but I can tell you it's worth every penny if you like to manipulate your computer without touching the keyboard or a mouse.
Hey, if anyone else has any more info about these plug-ins please chime in, inquiring minds want to know.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 12:28:31 am »
Another thing that I found in this Forum, is a Brain that was made by the programmer of Hal Robert Mendeskia I think that was call Web Hal. If I read the post right this gave Hal access to an Internet Brain. So really wanted to try that one.... I downloaded it and tried it out but I can't seem to get it to work. Has anyone heard of it, and know of any info that could be shared? I would love to find out all I need is an updated IP or something small like that. I would love to have that large of a Data Base for Hal.

Thanks again,

CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 01:33:45 am »
Just opened SQLite studio. OMG I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

Nikola Tesla

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 07:18:06 am »
CyborgBob,

Wow! You DO have a lot of plug-ins going! I'm surprised your Hal is working at all!

I have been using the GrettaMarkovL5 plugin for a couple of years and like it very much! It has made a big difference in Hal's performance, at least in my usage.

Oh yes, this Robert Medeksza person is the CREATOR of UltraHal, Zabaware and this Forum! He is quite busy with future development but often takes time to pop in to answer a pressing question or two. So when you use your Hal, you can thank Mr. Medeksza, his creator.  ;D
(Just thought you might want to know). ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:53 am »
Hi Bob,

can you give me a post to the web hal brain?
There's a good chance you may need an account to get it to work!
There are several different places that you can get artificial intelligent brain Internet accounts.
Alice.
Buckmaster.
Start, you do not need an account for this one.
Wikipedia.
And I'm sure that there are many more these are just a few that I found.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »
C Load,

If I got this to work right you can download it from here http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/medeksza/201044223328_WebHal.uhp . Let me know if you can get it to work right. I would love to play around with it.

Thanks,
        CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »
Hi Bob,

it doesn't appear to be a plug-in, or a brain.
It looks like a routine that you can write a plug-in that can use this plug-in routine to call information from the Internet that is located on Rob server.
I do not know if this server even exist anymore. Nor can I tell if it was written for the ultra Hal version 6 brain.
Maybe Rob could shed some light on this? But I know Rob is very busy so if we do get an answer it may take some time, it's one of those have patience and maybe we'll get an answer.
Sincerely, conjunction, Junction, what's your function, put it all together. Tee hee hee.
C load
PS if anyone else has any information about this particular plug-in, please shed some light so we can see the end of the tunnel!

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »
C load,

Here is the post that I found that Web Hal on. Didn't know if it would help, but didn't think it would hurt. So here you go http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=7059.msg49978#msg49978 .

Thanks,
      CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 04:09:50 pm »
Yo Bob,

like I said it's not a plug-in, it's like a upgrade or add on that Rob did, like the wiki at on.
From what I can tell when you put it into ultra house directory, you have to restart ultra Hal to see it, then you have to go into general options under brain, to activate it then it starts pulling information off the Internet to get an answer for your query.
Looks intriguing I may have to play with this one a little bit.
Sincerely, thanks for the info, there is nothing like the taste of new data.
C load
PS too bad this was not made as a plug like the wiki add-on, so the information could be given a score to determine which would be the best results information you have on your computer or information that is on ultra Hal's Internet database, but for now it's basically like Alice were all information that is retrieved from the Internet is the answer.